Stash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

~threadbear~

Stash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I have stash!!!! :dance:

Until this week I didn't really have what you could call 'stash' as such. Just a few old UFO's.
Then on Tuesday evening a kind friend gave me some of her old cross stitch magazines, which was to me, a bit like being given a wonderful box of special chocolates (yes, my mind does revolve too much around chocolate :oops: ).
Then last night, the same friend gave me the lovely gift of a little bag to carry around my WIP, and it was stuffed full of little freebie kits she has collected, two new packs of assorted threads plus a handful of loose ones.
Then in a carrier bag, two larger kits, some aida, some coloured aida and some more magazines, with the promise of a couple of books to follow when she digs them out!

I was totally overwhelmed by her kindness and thoughtfulness. (She'll be getting some chocolate now! haha).

Anyhow, hubby has found me a brand new canvas type of holdall bag for tools, which I can use for storing things and I've been so happy mulling everything over and looking through the magaxines I haven't gotten round to starting any more projects yets.
Got to decide between an UFO or starting a newbie one.

Ooooh, it's lovely having STASH!!! :wub:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The first high is always the best... :lol:
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

That sounds like heaven :lol:
I feel the need for some stash gazing now :oops:
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

"Stash" Sometimes, and I stress sometimes, it can be better that "Chocolate"!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

How about.....Chocolate Stash.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Now you are dreaming Jilly, at my house CHOCOLATE is not around long enough to become stash!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

haha, yep Chocolate stash AND 'stash' stash sounds good to me :wub: , munch and muse, munch and muse .... :lol:

Bought my friend some nice choccies tonight as a thank you.

:D
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Stitchindude wrote:Now you are dreaming Jilly, at my house CHOCOLATE is not around long enough to become stash!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
what Dude said :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:
Linda
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

chocolate......thread........now there's a store to dream of owning.......
Rose

Post by Rose »

ooooooohhhhhhh what a great friend. It is so fun to get unexpected treasures and from friends it is even better. Have fun with your new stash gazing and I hate to be this way but chocolate even beats out stash in my world.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Wonderful! I know how you feel! Last year a friend who was moving to Thailand gave me 2 huge boxes of pieces of fabric. I have had great fun since playing with patchwork. There were some interesting threads in there too!

BUT No Chocolate! :(

Have fun! Guess we won't see you for a while then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mags

Post by mags »

What a wonderful friend.

Isn't it great getting stash for free. I have won one or two prizes in competitions over the last year or two (I enter every one I can find if its free to enter) and it is great to just sort through it all once in a while. :D

Enjoy :wink:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

That's great Threadbare! I love stash, but it has a way of breeding and taking over your house! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Thats great, i love the feeling of getting new stash weather i buy it or someone else gives it to me.

I get some really nice stash from my OH mum and the feeling is great going through it all. The only problem with me is i just want to look at everything and then put it back lol.