Anyone ordered from Crafter's Market, Welcome Stitichery...?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

canadastorm

Anyone ordered from Crafter's Market, Welcome Stitichery...?

Post by canadastorm »

Hi, I'm a new bee of online shopping. Has anyone ordered from these websites: Crafter's Market, Everything Cross Stitch, Nordic Needle, Yarn Tree, ABC Stitch Therapy, Stitches N' Things, Needleworker's Delight, Welcome Stitchery?

Are they safe? Or which one (else) preferred?

If I order from overseas website, like Sew and So, is there a charge for the duty when I receive the package?

Thank you!
maggs

Re: Anyone ordered from Crafter's Market, Welcome Stitichery...?

Post by maggs »

I've used Nordic Needle and depending where you live depends on the duty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
*barb*

Post by *barb* »

check your countrys website for customs charges as it varies from nation to nation. i ordered from abc stitch once, but cancelled it cause wasn''t happy with the service but the others i haven''t used. The others I haven''t used.

i use 123-stitch.com mostly, brilliant service, very helpful, prices really good. I would recommend them. Also ordered from artsanddesigns.com and also like their service too.
Current WIP's

* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"
Rose

Post by Rose »

I really like the 123 Stitch and also Patternsonline and both have given great service.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
kathryn

Post by kathryn »

I haven't used any of those sites, but I have used 123 stitch and they have super speedy service
I've also uses stitching bits and bobs, my package was slow, but only due to out of order stock
ImageImageImageImage
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

Another site to have a look at, that I'd thoroughly recommend is European Cross Stitch. Their customer service is excellent.
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

I also order from 123 stitch. Very fast service. I've also ordered from Keepsake Needlearts. They are also very speedy.
Pam
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I like 123 stitch, great service. I have tried Nordic needle once and had no problem, same with ABC Stitch Therapy. I have ordered from England but the shipping was the same as the chart and fabric :shock: .
Linda
kell

Post by kell »

I'm awaiting an order from Crafter's Market that I placed on 24th March. I'm hoping it's only delayed because of the Easter holidays...
LadyS

Re: Anyone ordered from Crafter's Market, Welcome Stitichery

Post by LadyS »

I am resurrecting this thread to ask how this transactions with Crafter's Market ended.

I placed an order with them in October, but right after I had my CC info stolen so I canceled it, and contacted them to let them know I needed to give them a new number and explain the reason. I e-mailed them for a week with no replies, their phone number is just a machine asking to use the e-mail.

So after a week I got a reply from them but it was vague and didn't give me directions for updating my card info. So I had to e-mail back and forth a few times and was finally given a fax number (it was right after the card situation and I wasn't going to mail my info), so I sent the info and 2 days later they told me they didn't accept Amex, so I sent another fax.

Then they charged my card, and updated my order to say my item was gonna be shipped in 4 days. It's been 2 weeks. I e-mailed them yesterday to ask about my order and haven't heard from them yet.

I'm getting frustrated since now I know for a fact they charged my card on November 14th, and usually companies charge once the order is shipped, or about to be shipped at least. And I'm leaving for Brasil on December 17th, and my order is a Sudberry wooden box where I'll mount my Tree of Stitches to give for my mom for Christmas, so I only have 3 weeks left.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Ok 2 weeks left until I leave, no sign of my order. I've been e-mailing twice a day every day since Sunday and they haven't replied. I call and all I get is a message asking to e-mail. I sent a message to their FB page, no reply. :x :x :x

I am incredibly frustrated and at this point infuriated at them, makes me want to write a very nasty e-mail. They already took my money so I can't even tell them forget it, cancel my order, gonna order somewhere else (and at this point I can't even find the box elsewhere in time to get it delivered), and they won't even reply to say it's delayed, or give me an estimate, or apologize, or anything.

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Theresay

Post by Theresay »

Lady S

Contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. See if that gets their attention!
WIP: Hanging Fairy Lights by Meredith Dillman (HAED)
Nature's Little Helper by Jim Warren (HAED)
Dolphin Connection (Mystic Stitch)

UFO: The Dreamer (Mirabilia)
Projects in Waiting:
Fairy Hallow (Mystic Stitch)
And many more......
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

If I knew they'd send my box in time, ok, it delayed, I won't order from them again, but at this point I can't find any other sites that have the box in stock, or that can deliver in time at a reasonable price, so if I have to do this, I simply won't have a gift for mom this Christmas. :cry: If I don't hear from them or get the box by mid week, I'll have to ask my bank to act in my behalf indeed.

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

I finally got a reply from them today. NOW is when they tell me the box is back ordered at Sudberry House (which I already knew) and won't be available until the end of 2012, and then they tried to offer me a smaller box (which won't fit my ToS). Except that a month ago when I updated my CC info with them (when my card was stolen) the item wasn't back ordered at Sudberry House.

I pointed that out to them, made sure they knew (and they did from my previous e-mail which they finally answered) I was incredibly upset about their lack of communication/coordination and transparency while doing this sale. Never again!

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am so sorry that this happened to you. lack of communication like that is so unacceptable. I have never ordered from them and certainly wouldn't now. Will you have time to find something else? How companies like this stay in business is always a mystery to me.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker