How do u make jewellery???

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

sammy_v

How do u make jewellery???

Post by sammy_v »

Hi, im looking into starting or at least trying to make jewellery. The only thing is i have no idea where too start, what to get or where to get things from. Im looking on the net and Lee mum also got a magazine today but im still abit :? about it. Is it an expensive hobby?? Thank you x
Rose

Re: How do u make jewellery???

Post by Rose »

Yes it can be quite expensive but it can also be reasonable it all depends on what you are looking to do and what style you are thinking of. Some of the wire styles can be very pretty and yet all you have to buy is the correct gage of wire, then you twist and turn and knot them into a beautiful piece.

If you are thinking of bead style then it will depend on the quality and quanity of the beads. Some of the cheaper beads can still make a wonderful piece.

Some other things you will need that are basic tools are wire cutters, pliers (a couple different sizes of needle nose and flat nose)depending on how fine the wire you are working with. Also tweezers and a tacking board (I think that is the proper name for them) It is used to hold the wire in place and help with the swirls and twists.

That is about all I can remember. My daughter used to make jewelry when she was younger but got bored with it and gave all her books and supplies to a friend that had started doing it a bit.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Our local craft store has a few classes to teach different techniques..maybe something in your area might do the same?
Faith
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Thank you Rose.

Im going to look into on the internet but i dont think there is any lessons about here but theres no harm in looking. thanks