Back sort off :)

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Dawn

Back sort off :)

Post by Dawn »

Hiya its very nice to be back on the boards again and see all the pretty stitching all the milestones and meet all the new members.

I've been lurking but not posting as I'm still feeling anti social after loosing my dad last september but I'm slowly dragging myself up and trying to get on with things again.

I've even picked up a cross stitch to do while I'm working at night I'm still working in care and I'm on the clearing list for uni in september to do my RMN course.

I'm not having the nest of times with work as some of the staff are well rather unkind and don't take well to newbies but I'm standing my ground now and finally getting up the courage to tell people how I feel and after a few false starts I have a full time contract and a manager who I could currently hug!

You see the company Sean (OH) worked for went into administration yesterday resulting in over a 1000 jobs lost most of those got 30 mins notice before having to vacate the building it was terribly heartbreaking. Sean has a minor reprieve as the contract he worked for has granted them a months notice so he'll be in employment till mid june thankfully. SO he'll have some time to find something new. He's one of 70 people in the building as the place is slowly wound down.

They found out via a announcement over the company radio station, while the company had been having trouble after it downsized last year things seemed to be going well and nobody at all had a clue of the administration.

So anyway yeah I hope everyone is well and takes lots of care of themself

Dawn xx
Rose

Re: Back sort off :)

Post by Rose »

I hope things work out for the 2 of you. Good luck with your Uni and I really hope that OH can find a good job quick. :shamrock:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

It is lovely to see you back Dawn.

I can totally sympathise with Sean's situation - Graeme got officially notified that he was being made redundant about an hour after all the boxes were delivered for them to pack up the store...some companies just seem to lose all pretence of caring about the staff in these hard times. He has struggled through though, and has a new job now which he enjoys.

Very best of luck with your uni and with your job, it's great having a manager you get on that well with and find to be supportive!

And now, I think some celebratory cake is in order to welcome you back to the board... :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:
Last edited by Kute Kitty on Tue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

And :choc: :choc: :choc: Good to have you back, and so sorry about OH's job situation. There's a lot of it around, unfortunately, even in areas you wouldn't necessarily expect: half (!) the lecturers in the education faculty were laid off at DH's HE establishment about 10 days ago. And that's just the beginning. (Sorry about Graeme, too, KK.) You being more settled in your work, and hopefully on course to university in the autumn is very hopeful, however. :dance:
agi

Post by agi »

Welcome back, Dawn.
I hope everything will be sorted out soon. :hug:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Oh dear! How awful.. you'd think businesses would have a little more concern about the people they're laying off :cry: Good luck to Sean in finding a new position...
Faith
Catwoman

Post by Catwoman »

Welcome back! I hope your uni course goes well and that Sean find a good job soon.
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

Dawn, sorry things are rough going for you right now. Hopefully things will improve very soon. Sometimes we go through a long stretch of terrible things, and then all of a sudden situations change and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Pam
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Good to see you back Dawn. :wavesback: Good luck with Uni when you get there and hope your OH is able to find another job soon. :hug:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Welcome back to the forum Dawn. Sending loads of good luck vibes to you and your OH :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

So glad you're back Dawn, we missed you loads! :hug:
Sorry you still have troublesome times to deal with, but I'm glad things are looking good now where you work and hopefully the months notice might help Sean find something else.
Take care!
:choc: :rose: :choc:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Raven

Post by Raven »

Welcome back Dawn! I am sorry to hear about Sean's job, I hope he finds a new one that he likes very soon!

HUGS
Raven
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

So sorry to hear what a rough time you've been having, Dawn. It is terrible how Sean's employers treated their staff and I really hope that by mid-June he'll be able to walk straight into something new. :hug:
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess