Cafe' La Frog

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

stitchingmae

Re: Cafe' La Frog

Post by stitchingmae »

Pulls out the iron frying pan.
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I'm glad in a sick kinda way that I'm not the only one who has had to unpick work, and now learning that its called frogging is brilliant!!

I'm usually pretty determined to keep things right, so will happily (no wrong word!!) frog bits if I've done wrong - I'm a perfectionist. But in my latest work I realised after several rather difficult bits of design that I'd added a row somewhere down the bottom :roll: but thankfully there is a place I can take out the row later one, no real harm done!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
cinder

Post by cinder »

:anotherfrog: came and visited me sometime last night. After getting a terribly tangled thread last night, I gave up and put it away. Untangling this morning was easy, but I found I added an extra row *in the middle* of all of my stitching last night, so I have to take it all out and fix it. *sigh*
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Can't believe it - have to do the most frogging EVER - my whole yellow dragon is in the wrong place, either that or the border and that's not happening - silver lining is that there were bits of him I wasn't over the moon about. But pants.

See - all of him has to go!!! :shock: :shock:

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

Darn that :anotherfrog: You had gotten so much done too!
Pam
agi

Post by agi »

Oh, what a shame. :( :poke: :ribbit:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

The naughty frog stopped by here as well! I misplaced the decorative I in the I stitch therefore I stash stitch along... Didn't notice until I was doing the border... I dunno if I plan to fix it though.. it's not too big of a deal :wink: But that frog better stay clear on any more mistakes!
Faith
Pengwenn

Post by Pengwenn »

I've had the frog over at my place. He was here for a couple of days before I realized it. I had to unpick half of a new project I started because I made one tiny error a couple of days ago. Why can't :anotherfrog: show himself the minute he stops by? Why does he have to lurk in hiding until just when you start to feel really confident about a design and then he hops out at you laughing at all the trouble he cause that you didn't know about? grrrrr grrrrr
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
shjordon

Post by shjordon »

I'm working on a birth month fairy with lots of little detail stitches. The border is fine, but after I had gotten the face and the hair done I realized a couple of stitches were out of place. I studied it and figured I could just blend it in and then a few minutes later found a whole section off! Aaarghhh! I'm going to have to frog everything except the border. :roll: I think I'll put it away for a while till I'm not quite as irritated with myself. :anotherfrog:
Sheila
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh no I ahte it when that happens. Hopefully you won't have to remove everything. :(
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Nanners

Post by Nanners »

Have enjoyed reading all the comments and wish everyone well with their projects...call me dumb, but who thought up the frog? It's great. :?
Rose

Post by Rose »

The frogging thing came from another forum and it was just so appropriate I just started using it and the whole thing took off. I think it has been used in many stitching crafts for years.
mig-3

Post by mig-3 »

The frog is leaving me alone, but he's sent his cohort, the knot gnat. The aggravating thing keeps flying under my work and putting knots in my metallics today. All the needle twisting and thread heaven I have won't get rid of him. Arrgh!
Jarvis
Rose

Post by Rose »

That is so frustrating!!!!!! :x :x :x :x
mags

Post by mags »

:shifty: erm, drat that knot gnat :shock:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh, noes! You mean the knot gnat isn't exclusively attracted to Carrie's Threads and DMC metallics? This is a whole extra dimension of trouble! :shock:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The wildlife seems to be getting out of hand here :-)!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mig-3

Post by mig-3 »

Serinde wrote:Oh, noes! You mean the knot gnat isn't exclusively attracted to Carrie's Threads and DMC metallics? This is a whole extra dimension of trouble! :shock:
I thought DMC metallics came preknotted. :twisted:
Jarvis
agi

Post by agi »

@rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Pengwenn

Post by Pengwenn »

I've had a lot of threads break on me lately. I'm not pulling them any harder than I usually do, they just snap. And usually just one thread in the needle. I hate having to unpick a couple of stitches so I can finish the thread off properly before starting again. If it was just one color I'd say I got a bad skein, but unfortunately it's been a couple of colors. :(
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot