I'm Mighty Peeved!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ali-cat

I'm Mighty Peeved!!

Post by ali-cat »

I recently bought this chart as after seeing it and saying 'Oh, me must have!!'. :D

It cost the grand price of approx £2.50 and as it only had 21 colours and I had a piece of aida to fit I thought what a good bargain!! Unfortunately, as you can tell from the title, I'm not a happy bunny.

Firstly, if you order the kit it comes with white aida. No problem, as that's what I have – except when I downloaded the chart it states it should be on 'Barn Grey Aida' and there are whole sections in it with no stitches .... which makes white aida completely unsuitable.

Secondly, there are three colours which are assigned two symbols. The notes say that the colours should be half crosses for one of them – but doesn't say which symbol!! The chart did not include a Crystal Ball!! Plus, the half crosses will not work on white aida!!

So I'm peeved – but thankful I haven't spend any money on it apart from the price of the chart. :x
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
Nachstenliebe

Re: I'm Mighty Peeved!!

Post by Nachstenliebe »

ouch.. I'd be a bit peeved too... have you contacted the website about it? I'd be very interesting to hear that they have to say about this :roll:
Faith
maggs

Post by maggs »

I'm with Faith, try contacting them and see what they say. But i'm glad you didn't spend a lot of money on the pattern.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
Raven

Post by Raven »

Ohhh that is so not good! I would write an email of complaint to Patterns Online since they put the kit together and should have known it required a colored aida fabric, not white. However for the symbol issue, maybe if you email Jeanette Crew Designs, she can tell you which symbol is for whole stitches and which one for half? Most designers are more than willing to help settle issues with a pattern. http://www.jeanettecrews.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank the email is info@jeanettecrews.com" target="_blank" target="_blank The website has a section called "oops" which lists pattern corrections, but I couldn't find Listening to the Sun on the list, so maybe the company doesn't know that there is a problem with the chart. The oops section says to me that they want to correct errors whenever possible, so maybe emailing them would help.

I am sorry that the pattern and kit were such a disappointment. I would be really peeved also, how much you spent does not matter. You bought the kit, it should have correct materials for the pattern. You bought the pattern, it should at least have the basic information of which symbol is for what color and what stitch. Though my guess would be the half stitches are probably in the background, surrounded by other half-stitches, to give the background an appearance of being in the distance? It looks like the shadows between the porch slats are half stitches, so if the symbol appears there then you know they're half stitches? I'm just guessing.

I hope Patterns Online is willing to correct their error and that Jeannette Crews corrects her error.

:hug:
Raven
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

I'd be peeved too. Like everyone else, I'd try contacting patterns online and the designer for the symbols. Patterns online don't do themselves any favours with their kit options if they can't even read the chart well enough to assemble the correct materials. It's really annoying for people like you who have a piece of material that seems to be the right size and material for the project but in actual fact isn't right at all. Afterall, if they'd got the details right you might have chosen a different pattern or at least you'd have bought it knowing that you've got to get the material as well.
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Humm, no that's not good is it! Its annoying when you like a pattern and want to sew it, to have such stupid mistakes.

I started a birth sampler the other day that I bought as a kit - when I opened it I discovered that it was missing half the chart! I rang the company (luckily it was a British one) and they were brilliant and sent me the missing chart very quickly. They also asked me what packer number it was and I feel guilty getting someone in trouble!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
burgundyice

Post by burgundyice »

ali-cat wrote:The chart did not include a Crystal Ball!!
@rotfl: @rotfl:
Seems like sometimes chart designers expect us to have one! I'm not surprised you're not impressed, it shows they don't pay much attention to detail!

Louise
HAED WIPS: Too many to list!
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Oh how annoying! At least it didn't cost you too much.
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
felicity53

Post by felicity53 »

How disappointing, especially as it looks so lovely. Please don't let it put you off stitching the design. You can over come these problems ... you know you can! :lol:
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

hmmm that seems strange! Is there any way you could try to 'make up' the stitches and so it as you think it should be? At least then it wouldnt have gone to waste :hug:
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I don't blame you for being fed up, I think we'd all feel the same.
I would definitely contact both patterns online and the designer. Hopefully between them they'll sort it out promptly for you.
Goes to show though, the value of a designer using a test stitcher before releasing the designs for sale.

At worst though, I hope you can tweak the pattern yourself enough for it to be useable, but I would definitely contact the others first.

Hope you get on ok. :hug:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

Oh, I'm glad it's not just me (you know when sometimes, something bugs you but are not sure if it's just you being 'over-buggable!)

I have just emailed Patterns Online and copied the email to Jeanette Crews Design (thank you Raven for the details!!) so it will be interesting to see what (if anything) happens.

I was very polite but pointed out how disappointed I was not being able to stitch a design I really wanted to do.

I will try to adapt the chart – so expect lots of gnashing of teeth and wailing, emanating from this quiet little corner of France!! :roll:
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
hada56

Post by hada56 »

I just read what is says on the site you provided, and it does say that is has 3/4 and half stitches, so that's no surprise. But, you could always get some evenweave fabric to stitch the design, it's quite lovely.
Raven

Post by Raven »

You're welcome Ali. I just hope it helps. :)

:hug:
Raven