Favorite online stash shopping site?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Vega

Favorite online stash shopping site?

Post by Vega »

I was wondering where you all purchase most of your stitchy stash. I typically go to a local Michael's or browse Ebay for good deals. Now that I'm looking for specific fabrics and floss I became curious as to which sites you frequent.

Which site has the best prices? The best customer service? The best selection? I know there could be different sites for each.

My favorite for selection/sales was http://www.herrschners.com" target="_blank. Over time the prices have gone up, but when I first found it they had cheaper DMC floss (even with the shipping fees) than Michael's did!
Jaki :)

Re: Favorite online stash shopping site?

Post by Jaki :) »

I have a local shop where I go for my threads & plain aida but for special hand dyed fabric I love www.polstitchesdesigns.co.uk they are very quick at delivering & the choice of fabrics is soooo gorgeous :) xx
Jaki x

2012 WIP Gothic fairy

2012 Finishes...Sara Moon
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I like 123 Stitch. Never had problem with them. I have used ABC stitch Therapy and Herschners. (waiting for some sale evenweave to arrive.)
Linda
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

SewandSo for fabric etc as I'm still a novice with the various evenweaves and they have a good selection and good info - they are brilliant service as well.

ebay for larger amounts of thread, and there is one seller (Jennymead) who has some nice animal kits, esp cats - the aida that comes with is a bit cruddy so I tend to use evenweave for them, but they are nice quick pretties.

Niki x
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

I am a big fan of sew and so for routine things when I know what I'm after, ebay if I'm just trawling for a bargain (sometimes with success, sometimes without) and katzxstitch for threads. I've not been hugely active on the stash-buying side of things lately though, since I've got very into the height chart I'm doing for Sam so I'm thinking less about what I'll do next and more about what I'm doing now.
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

hanma

Post by hanma »

My favourite site for stocking up floss is 123 stitch; the price for the floss there is less than a quarter of what I have to pay in Norway.
ohstitcher

Post by ohstitcher »

For fabric I have used 123stitch and needle in a haystack, both have wonderful service fast shipping and if they are out of something they notify you immediately. I have used nordic needle for some needles and magnifiers.

For DMC I use Joann's or michaels and I have a hobby lobby near me. The only time I ever bought online was some wonderful silk by Rainbow Galleries from Needle in a Haystack.

I am very leary about buying floss online from ebay. I have gotten fabric but never floss. I worry how the dyelots are and if they will match what I have now.
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man ~ Winston Churchill~
Ann from Ireland

Post by Ann from Ireland »

Hi, Very few cross stitch suppliers here but am looking forward to my hols in New York in 2 weeks where I will stock up in Michaels. Looking forward to that!
Regards
Ann

Wip 2010
Seashore Fun
Jewels of the Orient
Completed 2010:
Girl with Cosmos

Look Busy
evelyn joan

Post by evelyn joan »

Last edited by evelyn joan on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

I go to ebay first for kits to find the better deals.
I also like 123 stitch for their very fast service.
I've found lots of low priced items at Herrschner's.
Keepsake Needlearts also has very fast service.
Pam
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Ann from Ireland wrote:Hi, Very few cross stitch suppliers here but am looking forward to my hols in New York in 2 weeks where I will stock up in Michaels. Looking forward to that!
Wow, that's your first post. Welcome Ann form Ireland. Hope you enjoy the group. :wave: :wave:
Linda
dollystitcher

Post by dollystitcher »

Sew and so for fabrics and accessories etc. and Katzxstitch on ebay for threads.
For kits I like Willow fabrics and Colray crafts,both of which have really large selections :D
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

I don't have any local stitching shops, so everything is bought online. I usually turn to SewAndSo first for most things as I know I can expect really quick delivery (and of course when you need stash, you need it NOW :lol: ) I've also been very impressed with European Cross Stitch recently and have found their customer service to be superb.
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
Lizzy

Post by Lizzy »

Its usually SewandSo for me as the service is brilliant and they have a vast choice of products. Colray Crafts are also very good for the larger kit :)
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Mine is not online but it is called Spotlight, it is a craft, manchester, material, party supply, art and craft, etc store,, and it is huge, or and sewing as well.
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Sew and so for threads and fabric, Heaven and earth designs for charts :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Ebay is #1 for me...
Then 123stitch.
Faith
Nina

Post by Nina »

I'm using 123stitch for fabrics, needles and threads. From Cross stitch 4 U I buy almost all my charts.
HAED wip's: SHH Now ~ QS A Bunch of Love ~ Diamond ~ Wrath ~ Evolutionistic ~ Mermaid (Marchetti)~ Sunrise ~ Garnet ~ Cerridwen ~ SK Blue Moon (2012 SAL)

I See the Light ~ PR Mystery SAL

My blog
koko

Post by koko »

I love 123 stitch, they are so fast and easy to shop from. They have a wonderful variety of threads and will special order anything for you that isn't in stock. I actually had them special-order some buttons for the Summer ATC I did and they arrived to me within a week of sending the email request.

I have also used ABC stitch but they aren't as quick.

I like Herrschner's as well if I'm looking for table linens but they don't seem to have a wide selection of threads, I think they only carry DMC. And they also carry much more stamped kits than counted xs, so you have to weed through when you're shopping.
Kim

2011 Projects:

Current:
Floral Hand-Towels
Various Christmas Cards / Presents

Long-Term WIP's:
Chatelaine Hummingbird Mandala
Dunnotar Castle - 23,718 of 60,368 stitches
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

I use Tandem Cottage Needlecraft usually and I've found them really good and very reasonably priced (sometimes cheaper than Sew & So).
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare