Motivational moments for the forums BIG LOSERS!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JenEric

Re: Motivational moments for the forums BIG LOSERS!

Post by JenEric »

Congrats to those that have had another successful week. :applesauce:

I only went to the gym once and have slipped back into drinking soda - ugh - that seems to be my downfall. I'm back up the lb I lost last week. boo hiss

Tomorrow is a new day - back to lemon water and unsweetened tea. Have already planned dinner tomorrow - so I know my eating will be healthy!
WIPS
HAED - Queen of Hearts
Spring Queen - making good progress

Finishes
Summer Queen
2013 and prior
Winter Queen, Royal Holiday Queen, Clock Fractal, Welcome Almanac, HAED Witching Hour
agi

Post by agi »

I stood on the scales this morning... :x :x :shock:
I pout on another two kilos - which sounds strange because even though I wasn't really good, I ate less and did at least a little exercise in the past two weeks.

Well, I have always known my scales were unreliable :)

I really have to do it more seriously. Have 6 weeks to lose 6 kilos. By the time I am going to Sweden I have to be in a good shape. :lol: How is that as a goal? :x:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

Well done to those still losing!! :applesauce:

It's so darn hard, isn't it ..... why oh why does the weight go on so easily and is such a pain to shift?!!
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Well done to all the LOSERS! :lol: :applesauce:
Good to have you join us Faith.

Pamelam, that's really helpful to know, thanks so much for that. I'm going to start with green tea today. I have a new pack that I bought knowing it was healthy, but just never got going with it. This will give me good incentive to use it!
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Well over the past week I've been pretty much haphazard about bothering with dieting and anything really, just totally lost motivation for things.
So imagine my suprise, when, having decided I just got to get tough and get myself back into gear, I weighed myself for this 'new start' and found I actually weigh 3lb less than when I started!! :shock:
:dance: :dance: :dance:

So I am really going to try hard to get myself motivated again now.
:poke:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

Well done TB .... and without even trying!! :lol: What a lovely surprise that must have been!! :dance:
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

3lbs!!!! That's great!!! :applesauce:
Faith
agi

Post by agi »

well done, TB! :dance: :dance:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."

My blog
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Thanks :D I am happy about it, but of course, the 3lb is over the course of 3 weeks really.
Anyhow, that's good enough for me.
:dance:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Brilliant tb. A weight loss is always the biggest motivational incentive!
I stayed the same this week :cry: but then I guess I did lose the three last week so WILL NOT let it demotivate me!!
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

1/4 lb up. :( But after last week I'm not really surprised. More salad tonight .... :cry:

WIP
agi

Post by agi »

I have been eating salads every day for 4 days now, very little sweets (apart from Saturday - I just had to eat chocolate :( ) brown bread only, and climbed the mountain again yesterday. Do I need to mention that I can hardly move today? :lol: Anyway, I will find a place to weigh myself by Saturday, and I hope it will be not too bad. :x:
Only five weeks till my trip to Sweden. I really have to get in shape by then. :oops:
Agi

My blog
minij

Post by minij »

Well done TB

I hope those who havn't lost still try to stay motivated as I am sure you will lose the next week but It is so hard to lose and so easy to gain :cry:

I have lost another 2lb this week so thats a total of 5 1/2lbs in 3 weeks so am happy with that. :dance: After I have weighed myself on a Tuesday i do usually have a couple of treats so what shall it be today :thinks: :D
Last edited by minij on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I need a huge kick in the right direction. I've been really down the past few days and have just totally fell off the diet wagon. I don't really know why theres nothing new stress wise that would make me feel like this but I just have no motivation at all.

Its my birthday tomorrow so I won't be dieting then but I do need to get back on it on Thursday please help me :(

Well done to all that have lost though minij you just gave me a heart attack. I read it as you'd lost 51.2lb in 3 weeks :doh: ! I was desperate to know your secret :lol:
minij

Post by minij »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wish!!!! no not really that would be rather worrying. I think perhaps I should make that a bit clearer :thinks:
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Well done, TB, that's brilliant! What a nice surprise.

Well done to all you other LOSERS too.

I forgot to update this thread at the beginning of the week - I started on 1 June and had my next weigh in on Monday 7 June. I lost 4 pounds! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was delighted, but I do usually have a big loss at the beginning when I stop a long term binge and start eat normally, which is what happened here. Before I moved I would have three healthy meals and then after about 8pm I would stuff myself with toast, chips, crisps and all sorts of other rubbish.

My first week here I had no snacks in the evenings at all as all the stress is over so I haven't wanted to comfort eat. On Saturday Simon and I had a "treat day" where I had a snack of chocolate brazil nuts and then our main meal consisted of pizza, beer and cheesecake! But I still had that big loss.

I think it's also helped by the lovely countryside I'm living in! I am walking much further now, at least 2 - 3 miles a day.

I doubt there will be so much of a difference at the next weigh in but at least I got a good start.
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
agi

Post by agi »

That's great, Sarah! Well done. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Agi

My blog
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Well done Sarah!
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
Cockneystitcher

Post by Cockneystitcher »

Congrats to those that have lost :applesauce: :applesauce

Not been about much,been busy making an allotment / veg patch.but still walking and stuck to smaller food portions, snacking on fruit and brazil nuts even though theres no chocolate on them :( .Sometimes could die for a bag of cheese and onion crisps :lol: ...Well all that digging and shovelling and walking has paid off and i've lost 6lbs since starting,which was a nice shock as i love my food and dont stick to diets.Plus i had to get new weighing scales as i could never read the small lines for the lbs.so got one of those digital ones.So i'm a happy bunny :dance: :dance: ...
WIP's
Trixie
Floral Flowers

http://juliesstitching.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

http://community.webshots.com/user/Cockneystitcher" target="_blank
agi

Post by agi »

Well done! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Agi

My blog