Not sure what to do, but I need to vent

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ali-cat

Re: Not sure what to do, but I need to vent

Post by ali-cat »

Good luck, from me as well! Hope all goes well and the situation is sorted out very soon!
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Hope everything works out for the best :)
Faith
Vega

Post by Vega »

Good luck and I'm happy you made this decision. I didn't want to push because I know it takes an awful lot to stand up and be "the one" to do something. But my honest feeling is that if nobody takes a stand, his behavior will not only continue, but progress with time. So again, good for you for seeing that you deserve to be treated with respect!
koko

Post by koko »

I am just catching up on this thread - I am sorry you are having to go through this!!! But, I am glad that you are reporting it because there is NO WAY your boss should be treating you or any of the other employees that way. I went through a similar situation with my boss 2 years ago - he was making inappropriate advances towards me. I ended up reporting him and of course he denied it, and them proceeded to harass me for the next 2 months. Each time he made any kind of inappropriate comment I reported it to HR. I felt like I was living in the HR office those 3 months! I ended up threatening to quit so they fired him, and once he left and people were not as afraid, more women started coming forward about how he had done the same thing to them. Most of the women he picked to harass and bully were quieter, more reserved types that he thought would never fight back or report him. He just mis-judged when it came to me. I was really glad I reported him because there's no reason anyone should have to deal with that, hopefully he learned his lesson and will not do that at his next job! Anyway, good luck and you are doing the right thing to report it!
Kim

2011 Projects:

Current:
Floral Hand-Towels
Various Christmas Cards / Presents

Long-Term WIP's:
Chatelaine Hummingbird Mandala
Dunnotar Castle - 23,718 of 60,368 stitches
Wandatoo

Post by Wandatoo »

Always hard to take this kind of stand, but it's the right thing to do. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Hopefully the other woman will support you if needed.

Keep us posted! :)
Wandatoo

"Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you."
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

Good luck K1ns, I think you're doing the right thing x
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

XandraS

Post by XandraS »

Good luck, K1ns. Hope everything goes well with your complaint.
XandraS...
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

Thanks everyone. Well I went in today as I said but our area manager had already gone :( I asked the shift manager if they could get intouch with him and see if theres anyway he could come back but he couldnt :( I have left the letter in the office at work, signed the back and selotaped it so if anyone else opens it, he will know. I am also going to send the same letter off to head office so make sure that something is done about it incase some how this letter from work goes missing
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

What a pity you missed him!! :evil:

I hope you don't mind, but I was talking to Mark about your problems this morning, over brekkie, and he immediately said you should report this guy. He honestly believes that a company like Burger King would never stand for having staff like that, especially if he is being abusive in front of customers - it's thankfully not like the Civil Service (where we both used to work) where they cover for management and just hide problems.

Good on you, for standing up to this sort of bullying!! :applesauce:

***** Edit. I had originally posted here that I thought it was a good idea to inform Head Office - but now I'm not so sure. If you haven't posted the letter it may be better to let your Manager try to sort things out, before going above his head. He may not apprecaite you going over him, before he was aware of the problem. If you have already sent the letter, try to let him know before Head Office contact him. *****
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

I haven't sent the letter yet but I will be doing. My main boss is off work for 2 weeks and I have already tried many of times to talk to him about what he has done. Its always the same reply "i'll have a word" but then he never does :(
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

Good call. If you have given him the chance to help and he has ignored you, your quite right go to Head Office. I do hope I didn't sound interfering or over pushy, before ..... :(

WIP
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Do whatever you have to do. That really is not nice. He lies.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Good luck hun
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

ali-cat wrote:Good call. If you have given him the chance to help and he has ignored you, your quite right go to Head Office. I do hope I didn't sound interfering or over pushy, before ..... :(
No no I didn't hun, honest. I just thought I better put that in there, thats all :hug:
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

Ok so my area manager came in on Saturday and saw my letter, finally :)

He pulled me into the office and asked for me to explain what exactly happened, I told him everything and he asked me why hadn't I gone to my manager before him so I told him that I had tried that twice in the past and all I got from him was "i'll have a word" my area manager was angry with him because apparently, if anything like that happens, he has to put it into the persons file (into the guy who was a d**k with me) and nothing was in there. He said he will deffinatly be giving my manager a warning for not doing anything about my two complaints and he then said the other guy will get something alot worse, but he isn't going to tell me until its all been done. What can be worse than getting a warning? Sack????

Anyway, my manager has been away for 2 weeks, he came back today. I should have been working but all last night I was so worried about him coming back. I haven't been sleeping properly since it all happened anyway but hadn't really thought about it until today. This morning I went to go to work as normal, got into town and just broke down. I couldn't face going in :neutral: I just came home without even letting them know... not sure what came over me but I just knew I couldn't go in and face him. My OH is making me go to the docs tomorrow to see if I can get some leave from work for a few days, just to get my head around the whole thing. I didn't think it would get to me as much as it has done :cry:
LauraUK

Post by LauraUK »

Oh hon... :hug: This has been a very stressful situation, and now that it may have come to a head, it was bound to be a bit scary as to what was actually going to greet you when you went to work. Do you have the phone number of any of your workmates, that you could call and find out how the land lies at the moment?
WIP
Cumbrian Village by R. Swalwell

UFOs
Christmas Sampler by Maria Diaz
Rose of Sharon by P. Vaughan
Celtic Christmas by L&L
Caim Sampler by W. McCabe
Moonlit Kitties by CMH
Pottery Hearts Afghan from CCS
Stonehearth Hutch by T. Kinkade
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Sending loads of hugs your way! :hug: :hug:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

You have done the right thing all the way along so please, please stop giving yourself such a hard time. Facing him is throwing you into turmoil, which is not at all surprising. You are not a confrontational sort of person so you are bound to be having a problem with the whole situation. Going to the doctor to gain some time to get your head around it sounds like a solution but will this make it even harder to go in later? Please remember that he is the person in the wrong not you. Not sure really what will work best for you in the long run but wanted to make sure that you stop looking at it as though you were wrong when in actual fact you were 100% right.

Thinking of you and wanting you to continue to be the person that you are, wish there were more like you in work places. I used to work as a harassment officer and the thing that bosses value is honesty about this type of situation and people who will not accept this type of bullying behaviour at work. Many, many managers use bullying (in different guises) to maintain discipline and workers suffer it through fear of losing their job.

Standing up to bullies is not easy. You were strong and brave. I applaud you. Well done.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

Thanks all :)

Laura - There are a few people who I could phone but i'd rather not just yet, I don't want people thinking bad of me, if that makes sense. I just hope it all blows over soon and I can get on with everything as normal :)

Rosemary - I never really thought about what it would be like once I go back, I just know I can't do it right now. I really didn't think it had got to me as much as it has :cry: I will go to the docs tomorrow and see what he/she has to say, maybe I will feel better tomorrow and wonder why I have been so silly :oops:
maeflowers

Post by maeflowers »

I am finding this thread pretty late :oops:
I also worked at a fast food restaurant last year, for about 9 months. It was extremely stressful, and there were a few employees I worked with that I just did not get along with. One of them was always extremely rude to me, and when I would get stressed out and forget silly things like what goes on a certain type of hamburger I would ask him for help and he would just ignore me. He was not even a manager, just a crew member like me. It was very stressful because at one point he stood right behind me when I was taking an order and started talking to all the other employees about me, saying I was a lazy b**** who wanted everyone to do the work for me, in FRONT of a customer! I broke down and begged the asst manager to please let me just leave, I couldn't handle it any more. There were a couple of other employees whom I just never got along with, even ones who would make dirty comments about me, like when I would lean over to pick something up they would watch me, and when I told my store manager about it, they were spoken to but things never really changed. I'm so glad I am out of there but looking back I wish I had just left sooner than I did. It wasn't worth it to me.
Of course, I know, especially right now it is not good to just quit your job. I am not suggesting that. I could only quit when I did because I had help from my fi so I was ok for a while. But in the end, you do not deserve to be treated like that and you should definitely not be afraid to stand up for yourself. If you let it go once it will most likely happen again and again. Soon they will think it's just fine to do. I am glad you were able to speak up and I hope for your and everyone else's sake that something is done. And won't you feel better knowing others won't have to deal with this because you were the one to stand up and say something? :) Hoping it all works out for you and that you don't have to quit your job for it to end.
WIP's
Happy Heart
Honey Bear
John Deere

ImageImage