PROJECT CARDS

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

**HEART OF MY HOME**

PROJECT CARDS

Post by **HEART OF MY HOME** »

Just wondering what the pros use!

I was wondering if anyone makes their own project cards for holding floss. Lo-ran makes them in 2 sizes and I have some of those, but if you have made your own, how do you make yours? I have used recycled file folders, 4-x 6-index cards and lightweight card stock that hosiery had been packaged in. Sometimes they are a one-time use; others have become permanent keepers.

Thanks for your input!

Cathy
ONE NATION UNDER ONE GOD!
Rose

Post by Rose »

I store my floss on plastic bobbins so I just keep my floss on them and when I change projects I just put all the floss into the tray that is on my daylight lamp. If I want to be more moblie then I will us one of the plastic lidded boxes that the sell in the craft section of most stores they come in 2 sizes 3X6 or 8X10.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I sometimes use old birthday/Christmas cards with holes punched round the edges.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Muller Yogurt 6-packs have heavy-duty cardboard inserts. They are quite useful for this.

Usually, however, I have a small plastic box (you know the sort; with dividers in them) and put all the floss, which have been wound onto bobbins already, into it for the big project I'm working on. The only complication arises when I'm working on more than one large project... :doh: :thinks:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I transfer the filled floss bobbins into a small project box, too! :wink: :wink:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

WW, this is getting very spooky! First Wellington, and now project boxes. Where will it end??
Last edited by Serinde on Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I know!!! People will talk! :shock:
Just goes to show what great taste we have!
:lol: :lol:
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i use the sides..the skinny pieces..of cardboard cereal boxes and i punch holes down each side...lol then i write the numbers...and this is only for kits..
if i use dmc floss i keep it on the plastic bobbin and remove from my larger storage boxes to my smaller one
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
hada56

Post by hada56 »

I cut out cardboard boxes, from cookies to tea, punch holes on the sides and use that. Since I write the floss numbers and symbols, they get thrown away, but t least I gave that cardboard a second life.. :D
Dazbo666

Post by Dazbo666 »

My main supply of threads are on plastic bobbins in a DMC project box ... but for projects that don't have a loaded organiser already included, I've also made a number of organisers myself.

I "recycled" an amount of A4 plastic binder covers from work :oops: :lol:
I cut the A4 sheets lengthwise, and punched a number of holes along the edges, but left enough space in the middle of the sheet to be able to write symbols/colour codes next to the holes.

(If anyone is interested and/or desperate I'm sure I could post some out via snail mail if you PM me :wink: I'll try to get some pics uploaded if anyone is interested? )
PaulaH

Post by PaulaH »

If it's a small project like a card then I just get whatever colours out and use them still on the bobbins (I'm an Anchor girl - I've got mine on bobbins in plastic boxes!).

Large projects I punch holes in card, either cereal packets or the inserts from tights or old Christmas cards. I did have a couple of LoRan project cards given - they had magnets for your needles but not many holes punched!

Paula xx