Has anyone seen this?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kimblebee

Has anyone seen this?

Post by kimblebee »

I was searching through Ebay a while ago and I came across a finished piece that I loved. It was a Noah's Ark with animals, but the animals were all Australian animals. There were koalas and kangaroos and sheep and other animals too. I emailed the seller asking if she still had the pattern so I could buy it from her. She responded and said that she had seen the finished piece at a garage sale so she didn't have the pattern. I have searched and searched online but have had no luck. My dad is Australian and I would LOVE to be able to do this piece for him. Has anyone seen it before or have the pattern or know where I can track it down?

I will sit here with my fingers crossed :)
kirstyc

Re: Has anyone seen this?

Post by kirstyc »

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

have you got a link to the ebay auction so we can have a look at the photo?
kimblebee

Post by kimblebee »

Thank you so much kirstyc for looking but this is not the one I was looking for. The one I saw was smaller and didn't have a lot of bright colors. They were mostly browns and beiges and light greens from what I remember. Earthy colors I guess would be the best way to describe it.

Lisa, thanks for answering. I don't have a picture of the actual finished piece. It was about 2 months ago and I don't remember who the seller was or anything like that. I realize that there is a 0.00001% chance that I will be able to get an answer but it's worth a shot.
Jaki :)

Post by Jaki :) »

Hi found this http://www.xstitchimages.com.au/p/10665 ... chart.html not sure if it's the one your looking for :)
Jaki x

2012 WIP Gothic fairy

2012 Finishes...Sara Moon
kimblebee

Post by kimblebee »

Jaki, thank you for taking the time to look as well. Sadly, that's not it either. I think it may be an older design because the lady who I emailed said she got it from an old ladies garage sale.

The one I saw was smaller, was almost a head on look of the Ark with the ramp coming down on the left side. There were koalas and kangaroos and sheep all in line to climb aboard. I am kicking myself now that I didn't get a screen shot of the finished piece. I also maybe should have bought the finished piece and worked off it. It would have been hard to match colors though I think. Who knows. Grrrr, if only I could go back in time. :doh:
Jaki :)

Post by Jaki :) »

Sorry it's not the one your looking for :( hope you track it down somewhere ..fingers crossed for you :)

p.s time machine would be great especially on ebay when you see something, don't bid then wished you had :D
Jaki x

2012 WIP Gothic fairy

2012 Finishes...Sara Moon
stitchiemom

Post by stitchiemom »

This link has many different Noah's arc pictures and some that are not. I do hope you are able to find what you are looking for :x:

http://www.google.com/images?q=noah's+a ... 45&bih=525" target="_blank
Hope

WIP
HAED Wolves Peak
Garden of Eden
Magnificent Wizard

2012 Completed
Wedding Record