Will try and beat this!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kazzi29

Re: Will try and beat this!

Post by kazzi29 »

sending all my positive thoughts your way i really hope that your positive ways help!
big hugs!
Spring Palette 15950/170800 9.33%
Sapphire Birthstone 15120/240000 6.30%
Ari 8840/157850 5.60%
Spring Luna 7840/46620 16.81%
RAE 600/48840 1.22%
Sadness of an angel /118800 0.00%
Nellie / 0.00%
maeflowers

Post by maeflowers »

Sending positive thoughts and hugs... :hug:
WIP's
Happy Heart
Honey Bear
John Deere

ImageImage
Jaki :)

Post by Jaki :) »

Sending lots of positive thoughts & prayers also :grouphug: :pray: We're here anytime you need to let off steam or just a :hug:
Jaki x

2012 WIP Gothic fairy

2012 Finishes...Sara Moon
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

The more you think positive thoughts, the easier it is to think positive thoughts, and when you think positive thoughts you start to feel positive!

I send you lots of positive vibes, prayers and Reiki if you want - pm or tell me your full name which allows it to be focussed better. If you can get some hands on Reiki it really helps to calm down, and makes you feel so much better. Any kind of hands on bodywork really helps.

There are also some hypnotherapy cd's that are good - I have one for neurological problems and the Dr has some for other problems as well, if you are interested I can find out her website for you.

Biggest hugs

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

I believe positive thoughts and attitude can definitely help in the healing process. Good for you, taking this approach. I'll send my own positive thoughts your way and add hugs and prayers too! :hug:
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
JuWildman

Post by JuWildman »

Sending oodles of hugs and positive thoughts too! You'll beat this, stay strong :hug: :hug:
Vega

Post by Vega »

Lets remove the word "try" from the title here.

You WILL beat this!! It won't be easy, but nothing in life worth fighting for is. There may be some bumps along the way, but that is what you have the doctors and nursing staff for. Don't ever feel like you can't speak with them about whatever issue you may have. (Regarding health of course, I'm sure they can't help with finding your car keys! lol) Do not make yourself suffer needlessly. They can help, let them. All to often the patients don't want to feel like a burden to the doctors, but that is what keeps them employed!

Sending many prayers your way for a full and quick recovery. My best piece of advice right now is to grab a note pad to keep with you at all times. I only had a mild case of chemo brain, but it was enough to have sticky notes all over the place!
dollystitcher

Post by dollystitcher »

All my thoughts and prayers are coming your way :pray: :hug: :wub: If you want someone to talk to PM me and I will send you my details, you can call, text, email or IM me whenever you want :)
Stay strong hun, we are all here for you :wub: :wub: :wub:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Well I have tried today but not done too well.
Decided to go into work. (They are being wonderful and have said just do what you can when you feel able to)
Got to the park and ride carpark where I leave my car. Got out only to realize I hadn't put my handbrake on. Whoops, jumped in quick and saved that one.
Walking onto the bus, looked down and realized I had my smart work top on....and my jeans!! As I say, work are being fantastic and the boss just laughed and said at least I had put the rest of my clothes on.
I managed to make it til 11.30 but then came home.
Just struggling to get my head round everything. Haven't touched my sewing for days and although I know it would be a good distraction all I can do is sit and think and scare myself.
Will try again tomorrow!!
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

It's all so new and I'm sure you're in shock from it all. I'm glad that you're determined to keep positive. :hug:
Pam
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Don't be hard on yourself Liz. You want to be positive, that is a great start, but you need to give yourself time to get there and process everything you have been told,in your own time. It is so good to hear your boss is understanding and obviously has a sense of humour,that is invaluable. :hug:
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
DraconicWench

Post by DraconicWench »

Lots of hugs and support coming your way from here. When I had my first tumor removed, my best friend gave me great advice. "Be a bigger [witch] than the cancer. Fight and fight hard."
Lynn
She who waits, also serves.

WIPs
Jungle Safari BA for baby J

2012 HDs
Anatomically correct heart
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

Hello Liz

(sorry have not been on in a while, and won’t be a regular for the next few weeks either)

I’ve been thinking of you and another friend of mine a lot today, so decided to see how you are. It’s fantastic that you are striving to be positive!! Never forget the power of the mind!!! I know this is not easy, but it’s good to build a strong fighting spirit and know that you can overcome this!!!
We are all here for you!! I’m praying for you and sending many hugs :hug:

I gave this saying to my friend and she says it helps:
The higher and tougher the mountain is to climb, the more appreciated and splendid the view is at the peak!!

I’ve got a lovely cancer freebie poem (precious moments) that you could stitch. I got it off a freebie website (can’t find it now, sorry) but if you pm me your email address, I can send it to you :)

Best wishes xx
YOU CAN AND WILL CONQUER THIS!!!! :hug:
Thinking of you!!
:D smiley :D

WIP:
Still :shock:

snoopy birth present
knitting: witty knits, santa

2010 Finishes:
UFO: popcorn holding blankie
I love my pony, Linda Gillum
Cute Kitten, Adam Pescott
Mouse in race car, Lucie Heaton
Hi mom (golden retrievers), Linda Gillum
Rose

Post by Rose »

Positive thoughts are a big help. I know this is very hard for you and also very scary but I am sure you can do this. You are a strong person. I am so sorry this is happening and I will put you in my prayers. :pray: :hug: :love: :hug:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
cassle

Post by cassle »

You're a very strong person! There are a lot of people around here who adore you so much..! I believe that you WILL beat that..!!

PS: I heard that stitching could also be a healthy treatment..! Cheer up and keep fighting! :applesauce:
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

Hugs and lot of positive thoughts coming ur way!!!! :hug:

socialsue
mig-3

Post by mig-3 »

You WILL beat this beast. Wishes and prayers for strength and peace to you and yours, as well as skill and wisdom for all your doctors.
Jarvis
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Carry on as you are, taking each day as it comes, Liz, and fighting each day's battle with yourself. Each hour's battle, each minute's battle.

Allow yourself to be afraid. It's normal. I'd be peeing myself in your situation. Tell people how scared you are. You don't have to pretend to be brave, or that everything is ok, or that you're coping fine when you are not.

Of course, that doesn't mean you have to disolve in self-pity. :wink: It just means admitting your fear and allowing yourself to feel it.

And no matter what - don't give up on your stitching. It helps. Even if you really don't feel like doing it. :)

And don't forget we are all rooting for you and sending positive thoughts your way. Some people will be praying for you, too. We all want you to get rid of this invader and get well again as quickly as possible! :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

Found the website that I couldn't find earlier:
http://www.gloria-pat.com/webpages/free ... _toc2.html

Thinking of you :hug:
:D smiley :D