GRRRRR Mother in laws!!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

K1nS

GRRRRR Mother in laws!!!

Post by K1nS »

Well technically, she isn't my mother in law, yet lol. Deans mum drives me mad!! She comes over quite often and always has something to moan about. I always make sure the house is tidy before she comes, last time she moaned that we don't hoover enough (we have a red carpet and a white dog, of course its going to get messy!) then she moaned that there was a few dog hairs on the sofa, anyone who owns a dog can vouch for me that dog hairs get everywhere! Then today it was the cat. She had a poo in her litter tray and all she kept saying was "omg that stinks, id move her litter tray if I were you" then she went and got her perfume out, spraying it around her saying shes going to stink of cat poo! Then she had the cheek to tell me to move it into the kitchen then she couldn't smell it anymore! I mean, come on! She just does my head in!! Then when she went, I mentioned to Dean that shes doing my head in now, I do my best to keep the house clean and its been alot easier while I have been off work but with a fulltime job, its kinda like having two fulltime jobs. All he said was "your parents are the same when they come" erm no, my parents don't moan about daft things like that, hes such a mummies boy :x
vanessanjf

Re: GRRRRR Mother in laws!!!

Post by vanessanjf »

Ha ha that is funny to read but I do feel sorry for you! She sounds a nightmare!!
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:? I do NOT envy you at all--my mom in law was bad enough, but things gradually got better over the years. :thinks:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

catallne

Post by catallne »

K1ns,

Oh boy she does sound like a handful. My mother-in-law days are long gone since I left my hubby over 15 years ago. Hang in there! :-)

K1nS wrote:Well technically, she isn't my mother in law, yet lol. Deans mum drives me mad!! She comes over quite often and always has something to moan about. I always make sure the house is tidy before she comes, last time she moaned that we don't hoover enough (we have a red carpet and a white dog, of course its going to get messy!) then she moaned that there was a few dog hairs on the sofa, anyone who owns a dog can vouch for me that dog hairs get everywhere! Then today it was the cat. She had a poo in her litter tray and all she kept saying was "omg that stinks, id move her litter tray if I were you" then she went and got her perfume out, spraying it around her saying shes going to stink of cat poo! Then she had the cheek to tell me to move it into the kitchen then she couldn't smell it anymore! I mean, come on! She just does my head in!! Then when she went, I mentioned to Dean that shes doing my head in now, I do my best to keep the house clean and its been alot easier while I have been off work but with a fulltime job, its kinda like having two fulltime jobs. All he said was "your parents are the same when they come" erm no, my parents don't moan about daft things like that, hes such a mummies boy :x
Cathy
All Needlecrafts
http://www.allneedlecrafts.com" target="_blank
minij

Post by minij »

Just ignore her, it's none of her business how you live your lifes :o
Oh dear I have just thought i will become a MIL on Sunday when my son gets married LOL. I hope I won't be a pain :roll:
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

Oh do I know how you feel.. Chad's mother is a nightmare. I never had to deal with her much until these last few months and she drives me literally insane. Everything is about her and you can't even say anything. One day I think I said "Wow my stomach is bloated" and she said " no my stomach isn't bloated" It's like she doesn't hear anything you are saying. I think that's just how it is sometimes with the OH parents.
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

oohh :hug: i think my MIL has gave up on me!!

the house int dirty i mean i hoover and polish. but i have toys in the living room, and i let the kids play in the said living room, so everything doesnt have a place!

saying that though ... i am counting down the days till the kids are in school full time and the toys can be removed from the living room :dance:
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

I appreciate my MIL so much right now :) I'm not a tidy person (although I like to think there is order in my chaos), but she never complains when she comes around. As we'll be living with my in-laws for a while when we get back to the UK that's probably a good thing. My own mum though is a neat freak, which means the few times she comes to visit (she lives in Norway) we always end up arguing as she starts tidying and cleaning while I tell her too just enjoy her holiday. The last few times I've seen her we've gone on holiday together, so much better for our relationship :)
XandraS...
Rose

Post by Rose »

My MIL and I never saw eye to eye but when they were around we tolerated each otehr. It wasn't bad since hubby and his mom never really got along very well either. I say let her moan and groan and don't worry. She doesn't live with you so it really isn't her concern and if she doesn't like it then she can leave. :wink:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
angela54

Post by angela54 »

she sounds just like mine... in the end we fell out, i was never going to be good enough for her boy... took about 23 years of me trying before i decided if i climbed to the sky and got her a star she'd want the moon !!!! :cry:
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

I have to say that I am lucky my MIL and FIL are great! The only complaint I could give is that they don't give my DH enough credit, they give it all to his baby brother. (Middle child syndrome I guess poor hubby).

Other than that they are great I enjoy spending time with them tons! The only thing they get upset over when they visit is the dog literally jumping on their heads...and he's a fast little booger...its just because he is so excited usually after 5 minutes he is fine and everyone is comfortable and relaxed again LOL. They are great and I am very lucky I think I will give them an extra hug next time I see this after reading all of this.
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

Some people are just strange. Dean probably doesn't notice how much she annoys you as he's lived with her all his life and is used to her ways. He may even think your folks are a little strange - because he just doen't know them well enough.

It's not easy. Best just to smile sweetly and say nothing, sometimes .... hard as that is!! :hug:
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
milkmaid

Post by milkmaid »

i worry about this 4 daughters and i don't want to be an interfering mil ,so i have 3 adopted sons now ,they all do things differently ,and i'm glad they all have there own minds
i can think what i want,but hopefully forget it afterwards , but it's their lives ,the girls and i are close but i really try to incude and listen to the future sil 's
my mil was great and my husband used to get a hard time she normally told him off for not helping enough ,or treating me :lol:
i do know that with my husband ,i have to stop him getting a hard time from my mum and dad ,mum is convised that i should give up crofting and move to london
my oh does a very good i'm asleep in the chair impression
mind you it might get on their nerves that i worry about it :doh: :oops:
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Oh dear....haha I'm mean... if the litterbox was bothering her I would have told her to clean it.. My father's real mother abandoned him when he was a baby (he was really sick and she just wasnt' equipped to handle it at all) and didn't find him again until he was in his teens. His real mother has never been up here, probably never will, so I only have to put up with her once a year when we visit Florida. And our roles are the opposite.. she lives in a house where everyone smokes and all 7 people would light up at once.. and when I was pregnant I just couldn't handle it.. She started to get mad when I got hotel rooms instead of staying there but I said it was mostly for my son who had an early schedule.. But my husband's stepmom, his true mom as he'll say, is WONDERFUL! Each time she visited my house was a mess and she assured me that my focus should be on my kids, then my husband and myself.. and then if I had time left spare it on the house.. And she is one of the neatest people I've seen so I was a bit shocked by that lol.

It sounds like no matter what your MIL isn't going to happy with the way you do things.. :roll: Except maybe shave the pooch so he's not burdening her with his shedding
Faith
evelyn joan

Post by evelyn joan »

Last edited by evelyn joan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

evelyn joan wrote:My own M in L was a smasher(as was FinL)I actually met & knew my M in L for quite some time before I met her son,she & I worked at the same place,so by the time I met & married the son we knew each other well enough not to interfere, or tread on each others toes.
I am a mother in law & I think I am a nice one,I would never tell any D in law of mine that their house is "not up to scratch" or "could do better" etc,BUT,when it comes to cat litter trays,sorry but I'm afraid I would likely react in a similar way as your husbands mother!
Cat litter trays are not pretty things,& in my opinion they should be kept somewhere well out of site where only the cat & its owner knows where to find it.
Well I don't put it in the kitchen or the back room because thats where we have had to move our hamster now, the cat would get him if I moved her litter tray in there. The only other place would be into either the bathroom or one of the bedrooms, which again, i'm not willing to do :)

Its my house and she has to accept we have pets :)
maggs

Post by maggs »

Being a MIL and having at onetime a MIL until she died, I can see both points of view. Just ignore your MIL and you will never get him in doors to change is mind about his mother for about 13 years, (thats when you have drip fed him all the tiny irratations).

On the other side I never critise my son or dil to them personally, but we may make a comment to ourselves.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

maggs wrote: On the other side I never critise my son or dil to them personally, but we may make a comment to ourselves.
Well I think pretty much everyone does the same hun, but to just be rude about how you live etc. does my head in :( Don't get me wrong, she isnt always like this, but when she starts, boy does she do my head in :(

Theres been times when we have gone to her house and i've thought her dong pongs (she hardly gives her a bath) but I don't say anything because its not my place too. Theres also been times when her house is quite messy but again, I don't say anything because its nothing to do with me :)
kathipink

Post by kathipink »

my mil told our son how snobby my deceased mom was! unreal~~

kathi
katstitcher

Post by katstitcher »

Think yourself lucky - I have 1 mother-in-law and 1 stepmother-in-law :shock:

How rude - I would have told her to go and take the litter tray with her! :wink:
I can see how she does your head in ... best to ignore it for the time being just come on here and explode !
Kat

www.lovequiltsuk.com

wip

PollyAnna Pickering Barn owl 'oh little town'
Label - for LovequiltsUK