All Forum Members

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Do you want SET rules for ALL Exchanges?

Do you want the forum to put together a group of rules that EVERYONE must follow for future exchanges?
44%
Or would you like to let things go as we are. Pay your dime and take your chance?
56%

Total votes: 34

meerkat

Re: All Forum Members

Post by meerkat »

Rose, all the exchanges, since I joined this forum, have had guidelines for each particular exchange and any grey areas have been addressed during the sign up.Occasionally, more experienced exchange organisers have offered advise or newbie organisers have asked for advise, an intergral part of this forum's life, and one of many reasons this is a great forum. Members have been accommodated, sometimes, if they haven't been able to meet the deadlines.
The issue is really about courtesy isn' it? and TBH I don't think anyone who is not going to be courteous,be it dropping out of an exchange without a genuine reason or possibly complaining about what they receive, is going to be bothered about basic good manners rules anyway.
A sticky in the exchange section asking members who take part in any kind of exchange to contact the exchange organiser if they have a problem is a good idea,it puts it in black and white as it were. Really though, all we can do is take each other on trust when we join exchanges.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have now put the rules into there own thread at the top of this section. I hope this will help exchanges run smoothly. Good Luck to all new organizers.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

So I a m just readingthis post and I am freaking out worried that someone has complained about an item I have sent guilty concious or paranoid I am not sure I did have to pull out of an exchange once a bunch of stuff ha piled up on me in real life I had stitched the biscornu bu had not put it together and then stiff went haywire... Please rose if it was an item I hve sent let me know nd I will try my best to right he wrong!!!
As far as rules go all of the exchanges I have been a part of have had standards set and I have been very pleased with the way they were ran!!
borotracey

Post by borotracey »

I love taking part in exchanges...it gives a chance to send someone a special gift..
I do think there should be some basic guidelines...but in all the exchanges I have been in they are just guideline and not rules...if you know what I mean..On the plus side..I have received some beautiful gifts over the years..which I will always treasure...and personally I would never send anyone something that I did not like myself...on the downside...I have stitched items which have gone missing in the post and had items sent to me which have also gone astray..but it would never stop me joining an exchange..
At the end of the day it is supposed to be fun...and if there are too many rules and regulations it might put people of from joining..
talenaya

Post by talenaya »

Just reading this thread. Three complaints over time isn't bad at all but I see no problem with a few reals.
karen4bells wrote:I know that there are a good majority of the forum members who don't like to smell that, so I just sit and watch.
If you want to join in an exchange why not see if the organizer is willing to find out if the recipient is or is not willing to accept a finish piece with a smell of smoke. I'm sure your home isn't the only one with smokers in it on the forum.
:kitty:Victoria :kitty:

:wip:
HEAD: Nala
pixxie

Post by pixxie »

personaly it wouldn't bother me as my parents have smoked in the past but no longer do so, things like fabreeze should help
WIPS:
Dimensions Petite: Beguiling Tiger
Fizzy Moon - Bunny

Future Projects:
Dimensions Petite: Wolf
Dimensions Petite: Leopard Cub

2020 Completed:
Dimensions Petit: Cosy Cub
Trouble and Squeak Mice Series
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Rose, first of all i want to say that teh rules seem very fair,as doing an exchange myself, everyone was very good and it turned out well, i am also sorry it had to come to this but i do not see teh problem with these rules. We all should be able to stick to the rules nad make this a happy place to come to, i enjoy coming here and reading everyones posts, i do hope we can all go by these rules nad make it a fun place to come and chat.
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)