Please help me look!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

minij

Please help me look!!

Post by minij »

Well a few weeks ago I lost my stitchy bug and I still havn't found it :doh: I know this happens from time to time with most stitchers but if anyone finds it perhaps you can send it back to me pronto as I have a baby sampler to stitch by the end of March and I am now starting to panic :roll:

I have tried doing some knitting instead fairly quickly knitted myself a long chunky jacket finished all the knitting half sewed it up, tried it on and decided I don't like it as it is too baggy on the sleeves and I can't be bothered to unpick the sleeves and do them again :x

I have now also lost my case that holds all my knitting needles and my tub of mini highlighters, but thanks to Felicity who very kindly bought me some more highlighters to use. I also don't seem to be able to concentrate and am always tired :thinks: So I think I need a few :poke: or :choc: :cake: :coffee: would be appreciated more :lol:
Reta

Re: Please help me look!!

Post by Reta »

Its that dreaded time of year SAD syndrome

Its getting lighter at nights now So hopefully things will improve

This time of year i try to spend enough time outside if possible

Hope your stitching bug soon returns
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

How about browsing through the gallery on the forum or reading a sitiching book/or just look at the amazing completed designs, maybe your bug is hiding there?
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Here buggy buggy..... It's a pain when they wander off! Maybe if you leave some stash out as bait the bug will find its way back to you
Faith
Marlee

Post by Marlee »

go and browse through a new book or magazine. You will most likely find it
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

I think I stole your stitchy bug?lol. I just got mine back in the past week. Mine took a long break as well. Very frustrating cause you want to pick something up to stitch but when you do, it feels like a chore. My buggy takes regular breaks. Sometimes not gone for long and sometimes gone for a few months.
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

Is it hiding in your stash? Last time my bug went away for a while I found it hiding in a set of three small charts in my stash. Two down, one to go, and my bug is well and truly back :)
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

minij

Post by minij »

Ok Corey if you have borrowed it that's fine :lol: I know what you mean I really want to stitch, I see things and think Oh thats lovely I must stitch it but but it seems like a chore. Thanks for all the ideas everyone I have just had a good sort out of all my charts but not found it, I now want to organise and sort out my stash but a mamoth task, it's got plenty of places to hide.
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

I just checked behind our sofa, but unfortunately it's not there. :( I did, however, find the tape measure I've been looking for, so thank you!!

I hope you find it soon - I'm sure it's just on a little vacation and will return very soon, all relaxed and ready to go!! :dance: :dance: :dance: Maybe stitching something really different will encourage it - it worked for me when I discovered Purple Patch Design. The colours really hit me and I couldn't put it down!! :D
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

I still very much have my stitchy bug but it is sadly going to waste as I cannot get my arm and hand sorted out until my husband is strong enough to cope without me doing everything. So why not steal mine from me and give it back when I can stitch again.

rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Offe

Post by Offe »

minij wrote:I have a baby sampler to stitch by the end of March and I am now starting to panic
That is the reason right there! Remember: It is a hobby, not a job. There is nothing you "have to" stitch. Make a quick and easy baby sampler and save the other one for the next baby that comes along. Or shrug your shoulders and tell yourself that the baby will live even without a sampler. Or stitch it later and give it for his/her 3rd/7th/whatever birthday.
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

Hope you manage to get the baby sampler finished in time! You are not alone in losing your stitchy bug. In the last year I've started 8 projects and only finished one; maybe because I made it for my daughter, and I knew how much she was looking forward to having it.
Pam
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Hope your stitchy bug returns soon--shame it seems to happen to all of us from time to time :cry:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

dollystitcher

Post by dollystitcher »

Know how you feel, that pesky bug goes missing all the time, but hopefully he will soon come home again :lol:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
felicity53

Post by felicity53 »

It will not have gone far. Stop looking and it will turn up. :lol:
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I found mine when I tried Mabel's delft. I'd always fancied trying hardanger, but thought I wouldn't be able to do it. I think the fact it was so different got me going and then a couple of small fun projects later, I can't wait to get back to my larger projects.
:D

Is there something new or different you've always felt like trying?
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I think it's eloped with mine 8)
I did find mine briefly on Friday night, but then I stuck my needle in a tin foil cut on my finger and made it bleed again.."no problem " I thought "I will wrap it in tissue and hide it under my hoop" it worked well until I had to drop everything and drive up a dark, foggy, steep range of hills to a local village in the pouring rain to get my poorly Granddaughter from her Dad's as she wanted to go home to her Mum. I think I left my bug up in the hills somewhere..I hope it didn't drown :roll:
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

Offe wrote:
minij wrote:I have a baby sampler to stitch by the end of March and I am now starting to panic
That is the reason right there! Remember: It is a hobby, not a job.
I want to second this!! It is probably what has driven your bug into hiding. Forget about the sampler for now - it really doesn't matter when you give it to the new parents - anytime before the kids graduation would be a good cut off point.
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

oh dear, loosing your stitchy bug is terrible. Maybe you cant stitch because you know you have a tight deadline now? Thats normally what happens with me :( Anyways, if I get extra stitchy bug, ill send it your way ;)