Pen Pals

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Ketta

Re: Pen Pals

Post by Ketta »

Here's my response to the list! :) I'm really excited to possibly having pen pals again.

I'm willing to write to anywhere and everywhere. I am not bilingual, however, as much as I'd like to be. I know a small amount of German and can usually pick up bits and pieces of a conversation, but not much more than that.

I'm from the US.

Other hobbies besides cross stitching: bird watching gardening (flowers, vegetables), bonsai, studying biology, watching and reading good sci fi and fantasy, sewing, and listening to music (I have an odd list of favourites; I rarely meet others with similar interests), and making jam. I have also worked with animals (pets and wildlife) for about 20 years and do a lot of advising, petsitting, etc.

Other beings: husband, 15 year old son, 5 cats.

Favourite colour: Too many to name, I really love them all... but I tend to lean toward rich blues, greens, and all blue-greens in between. Oh and blues-violets. mmmmm

Favourite stitching: Well, I'm horribly picky. Very realistic animals (birds, wild cats, insects). Rich in colour. I tend to mostly make my own patterns, but I have a few favourites picked out at HAED that I like, too, mostly things by Stephanie Pui Mun Law.

Other bits: I've stitched since I was very young, about 30 years, off and on. Currently in school working on an associates based in biology that's transferable to the state University, and hope to get at least my Master's, specializing in birds/ornithology. I don't feel my age, and am not the type who gets in the doldrums about it... when I have my 40th birthday in a few years, it won't be a big deal.
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
aj101

Post by aj101 »

OK, so here is my list lol

Where you're willing to write to: anywhere really, although the only language I can communicate in is English, unfortunately.

Where you're from: UK

Any other hobbies: Trying to knit, trying to crochet, reading (Patricia Cornwell mainly, and Torey Hayden), gardening (just discovered my green fingers in the past few weeks), housework (to a point, I know, I'm wierd lol)

Any pets/Children/Other half: 5 goldfish, 2 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters, hubby and 3 daughters

Favourite colour: Various colours really, purples and golds are a weakness though

Favourite things to stitch: I have discovered that I like Maia pieces, but other than that I don't really have favourites, if I see a piece I like, I file the chart and it goes in the to-do box

Anything else: Not much to tell really, although I do have a thing about body art. Piercings and tattoos, of which I have quite a few. I must make for a funny sight, tattooed, pierced and sitting in the armchair, glasses on, stitching away furiously lol.

I will write to everyone who PM's me their address, but please bear with me, with 3 children and a part time job 3 days a week, I don't get alot of time to actually sit and write, but everyone will get a letter, even if it takes me a couple of weeks to actually write it xxxx
w.i.p's

snow queen fairy (only backstitching left to do)
Maia Geishas

Completed pieces:
Mother and child piece - 2009
Art Nouveau Lady - 2009
German Shephard Prayer - 2010
Proud Display (Lucie Heaton) - 2011
cgirlish

Post by cgirlish »

HI

I thought about this for a bit, before adding my name... with so many project and things going on...

But think it would be alot of fun to have a few penpals..especially from overeas..or canada.. so I am adding my name

If anyone want to with someone in the US

I am married, no kids (2 large dogs and 2 playful cats)

Interests include, volleyball,kayaking scuba diving, camping and hiking, used to run but havent for awhile would like to start again ... ran a few marathons and did some triathlons.. gardening & working on remodeling our 100+ yr old house

would like to learn to crochet or knit and get a sewing machine...( have one from a friend butt need to figure it out too see if it works)

PM me if interestied in pen-paling
Connie
http://cgirlish.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP
Monoply board
HEAD Angel of mine
HEAD SK Treasures

Future Projects

Maryln Monroe pic
World Map
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Here are my details too!

Where you're willing to write to: Anywhere, I'm best in English, but can write in French if desired, and might be fun to practice with someone so I can improve!
Where you're from:I live in Quebec, but work in Vermont, so I'm North American. ;)
Any other hobbies:knitting, reading, hockey, gridiron football watching
Any pets/Children/Other half:2 dogs and a cat, no kids, been with Frank 12 1/2 years
Favourite colour:blue
Favourite things to stitch:tigers for me, dad, brother, wolves for Frank and my other brother, interesting flowers, Xmas stuff etc. for mom and grandma and Frank's family

can't think of anything else right now! (already sent off letters to those who've pm'd me!)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

tiffstitch - I've sent you a PM I'd love to be your pen pal.

Letters from me are already travelling or will be later today.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
talenaya

Post by talenaya »

Okay here's mine

Where you're willing to write to: Anywhere really but I only speak and write English.
Where you're from: Currently Kingsland, Georgia USA
Any other hobbies: Besides stitching I would say poker, going to the beach, volunteering with kids, and playing with my cats.
Any pets/Children/Other half: Two cats.
Favourite colour: Earthy tones
Favourite things to stitch: Celtic, cats, gifts for people.
:kitty:Victoria :kitty:

:wip:
HEAD: Nala
Angel

Post by Angel »

Where you're willing to write to: Worldwide really but I'd love a penpal from Alaska, Australia or England. Love the first two places and the third keeps postage down so i can send more often ^_^

Where you're from: I'm a Yorkshire lass although I now live in Chesterfield....England ^_^

Any other hobbies: Knitting, Modelling, drawing, writing, Dancing

Any pets/Children/Other half: Mitzy is my 11 year old kitty and Chris is my fiancé

Favourite colour: Baby pink and silver

Favourite things to stitch: Cute stuff and fantasy
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Well, I guess I'm the oldest one in this bunch. But that also means I will probably be able to correspond more easily.
I'm 62. Lost my husband last July and have discovered forums. Belong to this one and one about cat mysteries. Which gives an idea about some of my other interests: reading (especially cat and historical mysteries - especially ones in England), cats (I have 2), birding, and am learning to garden.

I have 9 grandchildren (ages 4 to 23).
I like to stitch all different things and usually do afghans, but now have learned to turn photos to patterens so will be doing family for a while.

I just designed some stationery with my printmaster program (couldn't find any that was affordable) so will be getting letters to those who pm'd me and will be glad to write to all. But I do procrastinate :oops: , so please bear with me if my letters seem late.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Sorry Carole, I am almost at my 75th birthday and I am so enjoying this thread and reading about everyones favourite things.

I have 5 "kids" and 10 grand kids from 7-22 - 1 of whom has just turned up to spend the morning with me. Been widowed for many years I have 1 bossy cat but will soon be in a home with 2 dogs and 1 elderly cat. I love cat mysteries, in fact most 'gentle' mysteries and historical novels too as well as those which are stitch or knitting related.

I stitch mostly for family and friends but do have a stash to do for me - one day. I also do patchwork and hand quilt them. I do knit a little, have done bobbin lace in the past and also make my own cards. Oh yes pen friends too of course.

Love the sweet pea colours, although in stronger shades now my hair is so grey.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am pming you Squirrel.

Did you read that my very first penpal when I was in grammar school was a girl from Australia. Just outside of Melbourne I think. We wrote until I went to college and somewhere around there, she got married and we lost touch. So I am sending you my address and take your time, but I will respond back. I want to hear what cat mysteries you like too.

I have one very bossy cat and her sister who just gives in to her, but not to me of course.

Carole

:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Ceitidh

Post by Ceitidh »

I used to have penpals as a kid/teenager from Singapore, America, Portugal and Sweden and loved it

I would love to get involved if anybody was interested send me a PM.

Where you're willing to write to: Anywhere
Where you're from: Scotland
Any other hobbies: learning to crochet and pottering in the garden
Any pets/Children/Other half: 2 teenage/almost teenager girls and hubby
Favourite colour: Purple
Favourite things to stitch: Scenic piccies, snowy piccies and 'cozy' Christmas scenes.
Anything else: Stitched for 20 years on and off. Love dogs though don't have one and would love to travel one day to places like Norway, Greenland, Alaska etc
WIP

Dimensions Gold Pleasures of Winter
Dimensions Gold Candy Cane Santa
Anchor Winter Sun

www.albastitcher.blogspot.co.uk
My Facebook
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I would love some more penpals too. So here's a bit about me. If you are interested just send me a PM

Where you are willing to write: Anywhere but I can only speak english
Where you are from: Hertfordshire UK
Any other hobbies: Reading and listening to music
Any kids/ pets/OH: No kids or pets. In a relationship with a lovely man called Mark but not married
Favourite colour: Red
Favourite things to stitch: Japanese designs, birds, fantasy, Elegant ladies
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
talenaya

Post by talenaya »

Just received three letters. I'm working on writing them back but probably won't get it done until Wednesday as I have inspection on Tuesday (my house is still a mess. I have to quit procrastinating and clean) and Monday I have go shopping and look at a car. Hopefully Monday will be the last day I rent a vehicle. Trying to stay positive the letters help.
:kitty:Victoria :kitty:

:wip:
HEAD: Nala
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I have sent some and received one and need to reply. I found it just so much fun to get a letter again. Hope we can keep this up. Its so easy to get caught up in other stuff. I have mentioned it to several friends and I think they are jealous.

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Ceitidh

Post by Ceitidh »

I had delayed writing till I found pretty paper but having received my first letter yesterday I will get all my letters written this weekend and posted early next week.
WIP

Dimensions Gold Pleasures of Winter
Dimensions Gold Candy Cane Santa
Anchor Winter Sun

www.albastitcher.blogspot.co.uk
My Facebook
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I've sent a few and received 2, I'll work on replies this weekend. :) Very fun!
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

I'd love some from the US..or UK..really...not much difference in postage for a letter either way.

I'm 35..married for 7 years this June.
I have a 14yo girl and 5yo boy.
I was a single mom with my girl 14yo for almost 4 years before I met my wonderful husband.
We had a boy, now 5yo and he loves my daughter like she's his own.
I am a cervical cancer survivor.
I work full time as an asst manager for a retail company..hubby too.
I was a stay at home mom and loved it until he lost his job..so we got new ones..lol
I loooove coffee and baking cupcakes.
I cross stitch and have an etsy store.
I'm very close to my parents and my younger (by 2 years)brother.
Photography, not professionallly though, is interesting for me to try also..love my camera..
lots more about me..lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
cgirlish

Post by cgirlish »

I got one today ... which was extra nice since the internet was down for several hours... will reply tomorrow ... Got and relply'd to 2 others last week ...Got some airmail stamps on hand now, so I dont have to go to the post office each time I need to mail one ...
Connie
http://cgirlish.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP
Monoply board
HEAD Angel of mine
HEAD SK Treasures

Future Projects

Maryln Monroe pic
World Map
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I love to write letters.....

where I am from: Sooke, Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada

I have 5 sons and 6 grandchildren. I have a cat even though I am allergic to animals. I have had many different animals due to having sons and my husband grew up on a farm. I love to read books. Mostly mysteries.... and novels. I read most of the "The Cat Who ...." series.... I even have "the Cat Who...... cookbook".... love some of the recipes from the book. I also read Torey Hayden's books. I used to be an education counselor. I am retired now.

I stitch for family members and friends as well as for myself. I have lot of finished stitched fabrics waiting for me to do the finishing touch! I can quilt, likes to walk, ride bike, gardening, travel, etc.

favorite colors are aqua, greenish, blue, teal, mauve

favorite things to stitch: animals, cute and whimiscal such as Margaret Sherry's designs, meerkat, penguins, mice, southwest designs,

willing to write anywhere.... love to get letters from different countries

PM if interested in pen-paling me.

socialsue
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I just pm to you, Tiffstitch!

socialsue