HELP! Advice needed on project

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Junction

HELP! Advice needed on project

Post by Junction »

Ok, here's the deal! My son has been watching me complete some simple items for his little sister, a coworkers son, and various items to sell. Now, I have promised him a '69 Shelby Mustang T-shirt. Here is my dilemma. I want this to be extra nice so I was wanting to use the rayon embroidery floss for the car (to give it some shine) and regular embroidery floss for the rest of the design. However, I can't find the rayon floss locally! What else could I use to make the car stand out? Or where can I find the rayon floss???

Thanks! :?:
Jilly

Re: HELP! Advice needed on project

Post by Jilly »

Maybe someone in the States can suggest an online shop where you could get it, it is so frustrating when you can't get hold of the stash you need :(
Rose

Post by Rose »

I would say goggle DMC floss and see if a good online stiore can help you. If not I would be willing to go to my local Micheal's and buy it and send it to you. I know they have the DMC as I have just been in and looked over the week-end They have a nice red,blue, yellow, an ok green not sure what color you are looking for.

Let me know if you need my help.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Junction

Post by Junction »

Thank you! I have posted a thread in the Wanted forum with the colors listed. I may have to break down and order some from DMC. I just hate to buy supplies online...