Don't understand how she does it

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

stitchingmae

Re: Don't understand how she does it

Post by stitchingmae »

Nachstenliebe wrote:Well I'm not surprised with the 500 jumping to 200... Can't believe a word she really says now lol... but even if it with being 200-500... that sounds like she's got some sort obsessive compulsive disorder.. the need to get that "high" when we start a new project... I saw something relatively like this on hoarders.. one lady's house was FILLED with scrapbook stuff.. she made like one page, but needed to buy hundreds of things for it :roll: I'm less concerned with the how and more thankful it's not me with that many on the go :ratherbe:
Faith
Great now I sound like a hoarder, I am always printing charts..and not necc doing them. But I do have finished projects. And I try not to start one till I finish one. Think I need to head to the stitchers ward and get help LOL
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

I don't think you're a hoarder..yet Mae :lol: There's no harm in saving copies of patterns of things you like or want to possibly stitch in the future. When you have millions... then we might need to get a bit concerned...have to visit and help you dwindle it down :wink:
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

So I have a plan..for when my hoarding gets out of control.
Instead of an extreme clean team, I will just post a message here and let you all come and pick through my stash...good to know that you all are always here for my mental health security!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

maemae0410 wrote:So I have a plan..for when my hoarding gets out of control.
Instead of an extreme clean team, I will just post a message here and let you all come and pick through my stash...good to know that you all are always here for my mental health security!
That sounds like a good idea, which I will steal if necessary. I think I'm going to try to stay within reason and just increase my wish lists instead. I have a huge one now for audiobooks to download on audible.com and a growing list on HAED, but I figure the internet is still big enough to handle my wishlists . :lol: :lol:

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

wish this forum had a like button haha and I would thumbs up your comment rc...I agree! And then there are times that I look over my lists and clean them thinking wow glad i did not buy that haha.
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

LadyS wrote:To all of you who work on 10 or more projects at a time, how to do you split the time between your work? Do you have set days on the week or month dedicated to each? Or do you randomly pick up whatever project you feel like stitching at that moment?
When I decided on the challenge I tried to finish those that had some sort of deadline first. That didn't entirely work out, but it helped keep me on track. Some call to you stronger than others, so sometimes I'd work those to completion. Now I'm completely side-tracked with a new project, so perhaps I'm just insane. :)
Raine

Post by Raine »

I've loved reading this thread! The first post brought The Lady Of Shallot by Alfred, Lord Tennyson immediately to my mind.
There she weaves by night and day
A magic web with colours gay.
She has heard a whisper say,
A curse is on her if she stay
To look down to Camelot.
She knows not what the curse may be,
And so she weaveth steadily,
And little other care hath she,
The Lady of Shalott.
My blog: http://ravelldsleave.blogspot.com/

Finished in 2014 ~
By The Bay Needleart 2012 Mystery SAL
We Love Dogs
Warm Winter Woolens
Trylla

Post by Trylla »

A few months back I was up to 7 WIPs, and it made me mental. I felt like I wasn't doing any of them justice, and I hated leaving any untouched during the month. I felt like I was constantly changing projects but not getting anywhere with them.

I focused and finished a few of the smaller ones, and relegated my HAED to the UFO pile for a while. Now I'm down to 3 WIPs and 1 UFO. I still feel guilty for neglecting my HAED, but I have a deadline I would really like to make with my custom chart.

I might own a ridiculous number of charts, but I can't start that many and feel good about it.

As for rotations -- mostly I focus on my main project, but I've decided to spend one day on the weekend on TOS. I'll squeeze my other project in when I get frustrated with the confetti on the main one.
Trylla
WIP
Drama Queen - custom chart (skitzzzzz)

My Blog
Chrissyml

Post by Chrissyml »

I've got 4 WIP. Like others, I rotate them so I don't get bored.
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

I don't really get on well with multiple WIPs, as with Trylla if I work on several projects at once I feel like I'm forever stitching but not getting anywhere! At the moment my HAED has been put aside for a little while so I can finish my Christmas afghan in time for this Christmas (pictures will be coming up!), and I'm happy with that. If I get frustrated with my HAED I'll do a little quick project to relieve the monotony, and actually have the satisfaction of a finish, but I wouldn't be able to work on two decent-sized projects at once.

I have enough difficulty with the idea of more than two or three WIPs at a time, never mind a couple of hundred!
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

Including my current project, I have 13 medium (200x183 stitches) to large (400x456 stitches) projects which I definitely intend to do. If I did 1,000 stitches a week - which is way above my average due to time contraints - it would still take me over 26 years to complete them, and probably closer to 30 years, so I really can't get my head around 200 :shock: even if they are small. At least I know I'll never be bored! :lol:
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'm a bit of a serial starter, and most of my projects are relatively small; so at the moment I'm working on one Afghan Square, one Kaleidoscope square, Tree of Stitches, and until last Thursday, a number 18. But any more than that and I think I'd lose the plot :-)

(I will admit to having had 10 projects kitted up at one point -- but that's just because I love kiting up, and they were all quite small...)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Dear lord! Even just 200 - would she ever live long enough to do 'em all!?
Personally, I prefer to complete a project before starting to stitch another - so I feel quite guilty for having not yet completed my dragon with the extra bits I want to add, when I started White Lightning!

I'm slowly kitting up 3 HAEDs and a couple of small designs at the same time, but I don't count those as WIPs.
And as for knowing which is which, it's easy: I keep each design in it's own container with all it's own kit, so nothing gets mixed up. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank