Cross Stitch Computer Programme

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Becca

Cross Stitch Computer Programme

Post by Becca »

I was wondering about getting a cross stitch programme which will turn photos into cross stitch and make them look like the original photo (not one that puts funny colours in or makes things look funny shapes). I have heard PC Stitch is quite good but i'm in England and it seems to be an american programme so i'm not sure if we can get it here. Can anyone recommend a good programme which is easily available in the UK and not too expensive?
Click the banner above to visit us at Crafts 'n' Creatures!

And my blog which is full of all my stitching
agi

Re: Cross Stitch Computer Programme

Post by agi »

Hello, Becca,
there was a thread somewhere about this. You can buy PC Stitch online, they send you a code to use with the downloaded program, so that's not a problem. But if you have any problems or questions afterwards, that is my experience, they just don't answer.
So although the program is good, I would suggest to look around for another one, if you can find one.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Rose

Re: Cross Stitch Computer Programme

Post by Rose »

Becca If you look back through this thread and the general thread you will find a couple different posts about this very topic. I was thinking of starting a stick thread for people to post information about different programs so when stitchers decide to look for a program the info will be easier to find.

As for the amount of colors that are used in the pattern when you imput the image into the program most if not all of them will give you the option of how detailed you want it to be so you can chose how many colors the computer will come up with. Althought it may seem fun when looking at smaller sections the complete work looks more life like with the more colors that you use. Also the PC Pro has an option that will put in "some" automatic back stitching but I personally don't like that option I find it lacking. I do agree with Agi tat the customer service can sometime be ............ not sure what word to use but it leaves room for improvement, I will say. Being persistant has got me results but it can be frustrating at times.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror