Dublin Linen

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Smilga

Dublin Linen

Post by Smilga »

Do you have any ideas for using 25ct Dublin linen? I bought a pig pack of different linen and there is some of Cream, Raw and almost two full yards of Summer khaki Dublin Linen. I could imagine to use the cream linen for some Hardanger projects, but what to do with those darker linens?
I would be very thankful for any help.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I have seen some very nice work done in just one colour on those raw linens. Here in France there are lots of examples of using red on the darker linens and it is very effective.

Have a look at:

hhttp://squarenews.blogs.com/linsansautre

also www.defilenaiguille.fr

This magazine has loads of ideas for using linen and one colour. :D Hope this give you some ideas. Wendy :idea:
Smilga

Post by Smilga »

Dear Wendy, thank you very much for your help. Could you correct the first link, please, it doesn't work.
I like stitching on natural linen very much but my favourite linen is 32ct Belfast. The crosses on 25ct linen over two threads are so big... Is it normal to stitch on it over one? :roll:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

When I'm using 25 ct linen for hardanger I only use one thread.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

OOOps sorry that I got it wrong, But my Dearly Beloved has sorted it ALL out for me!!

http://squarenews.blogs.com/linsanslaut ... index.html :oops:

Try this link :roll: If you find the page have a look at the Poppies that she and her mum have completed. I am doing one myself on cream. My 2nd attempt I might add, as the first go I was using a darker fabric and the leaves got lost!!
I would use only one tread too, but have sewn over 2 if i want a harder wearing item ie a cushion or a wall hanging
Wendy
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

That site is fantastic. They are very clever needlewomen. And the last calligraphy piece is a showstopper. Are there kits? Please Do Not tell me that they have designed all those sampler hearts. :shock:
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Some beautiful work. I particularly liked the flowers - the poppies especially. :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:) It is a nice site isn't it? I found it after I was given a chart for the poppies. A friend of mine had done it and after I drooled :!: over it she gave me the chart. I was curious as to where it had come from, but it had been a 'hand me down' to her. So good old Google was employed and after a lot of surfing I found it and "Manou's" site. The chart was in De Fil en Aiguille Hors série N°2 Jardin Look up Ancien Numeros and page down the list. It is still available and I was tempted to get it. There is a Rose in No 51. to match. I am enjoying stitching the poppies, but like "Manou's" mother have changed the top poppy to a darker red. I don't DO pink :shock:
Smilga

Post by Smilga »

Yes, it's a very nice site! :) Most of all I liked these red hearts stithed on natural linen. Really beautiful!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:o I have been looking at the lin sans autre site again. If you page down the left to the sites point croix and click on Alice & Co there are some freebie downloads. I hadn't found that before :!: I have brought down the chickens. 8) there's a heart too!
Smilga

Post by Smilga »

Wendy, where? I can not find them :(
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Go to this URL www.alice-and-co.com/aliceandco/frameset.htm

Along the left-hand side you will see 'Gratuit'. Click on that for the freebies. The calligraphic alphabet letters are particularly lovely, I think.
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

I love this desginer.
this weekend it was Creativa fair and this desginer was there.
I went yesterday to this fair and I bought some designs in this shop. She's nice.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:D How nice to get to meet the designer 8) I have been looking at her site a lot and I am very impressed with her designs and I have downloaded the chickens, no key but I can use what ever colours I like. I am stitching the same poppies that she and her mother did. Like her Mum I have changed the top poppy to a dark red. I am looking forward to getting it finished :roll:

I have tried to access your Blog and I can't get on to it :!: