Show Your Stitchy Spot

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

stitchingmae

Re: Show you're Stitchy Spot

Post by stitchingmae »

here is mine, its supposed to be an office nook but I added in my chair instead :)

and here's the other side i store my patterns floss etc in the built in cabinets
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Wow maemae what a great idea for storing it all. May I show it to SIL and see if he can do something similar for me although I would want a space to sit close and have my sewing machine up too on the cabinet.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

Wow I love everyone's Stitchy Spots. They all look so comfy. I'm surprised how many were willing to share pics of their spots. Getting lots of ideas.
mechie

Post by mechie »

Here's my little corner of the couch.

I have my WIPs in their plastic holders on the table there (which is actually a filing cabinet) so little hands can't get at them. Behind my ott light is also a pole lamp, so I have plenty of light (which is good since there's no good natural light in that room after about 10AM).

mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Most of my stitching is done in the easy chair, after dinner. Here it is, with my small stitching box on the little table, and my stitching companion keeping my seat warm:

When I have the opportunity for some day-time stitching, I like to sit at the dining room table by the big window, overlooking the garden. That's one of the windows that has been changed, and much nicer it it too!

It used to look like this:

and now it's practically all glass and even lighter :dance: -- apologies for the garden which has suffered rather from the winter and the window people

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:wub: Such lovely stitchy spots!
Faith
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

mine is just the end of the couch ..i'm right handed so I have to sit on the end where the arm rest of the couch is at my left side..so it helps prop up my qsnap holding hand. there's a tall light behind me..and my stitchy stuff sits on the cushion next to me. I have a foot stool that has storage space inside where I keep my wips and boxes when I pack up for the day
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
JA Fan

Post by JA Fan »

My stuff is put away after each session, but this is how the work area looks. I sit in the corner of the living room -- like little Jack Horner!" There's a table to one side that has scissors, threaders etc on it, and a chair on the other that props up my storage bag that has the Stitchbows and whatnot. My chart is on a magnet board which sits on my lap so I can quickly glance from it to the stand. The table looks neat at the moment, but by the end of the "stitchy session," it's usually got thread remnants scattered all over it, an empty mug... well you get the picture.
My other cross stitch storage is in the basement. I have a small craft storage area down there.
WIP
Gold Collection Petite -- Cozy Cub
On hold:
HAED -- Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim
clockwork

Post by clockwork »

This is my current stitching spot, a chair in the corner of my living room. I've got my laptop for watching Netflix because unfortunately the tv is sort of next to the chair instead of in front of it. That floor stand is one of my favorite things I own.

~Clockwork~

Cute Stuff! http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClockworkStitcher" target="_blank" target="_blank"

WIPs
House Mouse series
Frog Pile
Dimensions Gold Collection Aurora Cabin (on hold)
nachosmiley

Re: Show Your Stitchy Spot

Post by nachosmiley »

Great stitchy nooks everyone....it's nice to have a place to spread out and do your thang!!

Here is mine...

I love my "evil genius" chair (as my hubby calls it) :lol:
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

This is where I spend most of my evenings
Stitching is on my Lowery stand with the pattern on the magnetic board. I have all my DMC floss in the lovely DMC drawers hubby treated me to at Christmas on the little table to my left hand side, which is really a small TV table but is brilliant for storing all the other projects I'm working on underneath. All the bits and bobs I need for the current project (scissors, highlighter pen, needle organiser etc) are on a little table in front of me. To my right hand side is my bargin ebay concertina needlework box which contains all the thread for that project, spare needles and other bits and bobs I'm likely to need.
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
crafterglen

Post by crafterglen »

Quite a few of us have those same chairs, aren't they comfy? I love mine, great seeing all your stitching areas
Charmed

Post by Charmed »

Heres my stitchy spot, this is a little table top easel that was given to us. Its perfect. I clip my key and cover picture to the board, but my actual chart goes on my magnetic board which then rests against the easel on the tray (means I can just pick it up when needed) in the tray I have a little tin for thread ends, sissors and a pencil. Usually I do my stitching on my bed while watching a dvd (currently Dr Who) but sometimes I take it and sit on the sofa downstairs.

This is just an arms reach from my usually stitchy spot in the bedroom. My stash cupboard, though its a very messy stash cupboard when I took this :oops: . bottom shelf is magazines and my dmc thread boxes, next shelf up is more threads, metallics, satins, hand dyed etc... and my fabric nappy basket that I turned into a sewing basket holds all my bits and pieces and is usually to be found wherever im working. Next up is charts, charts and a basket of the free kits on magazines, very top shelf is an old baby changing box full of leftover threads from kits and card (general stuff for making atcs) and theres a little set of drawers full on buttons, ribbons etc..... my bag of fabric and box of kits are stored somewhere else but I need to sort this cupboard out so I csn fit all my stash in

I love everyone elses stitchy spots!! I have to pack all mine away at the end of a session away from little hands x
Heidi x

WIPS Halloween Fairy, Train Of Dreams

UFO Rincewind
KarinvdB

Post by KarinvdB »

Thought I'd resurrect this topic with my stitchy spot now that I think I've figured out the right setup for mine, found this topic during my google search for pics of people using their Lowery's as I was having trouble finding a comfortable position.

So here it is, I ended up switching the Lowery to the other side after all (see I did it too topic), only had to move the kitty furniture slightly so the boys can still sit by my side :kitty: I also dug up my neck magnifier, because even though my eyesight is OK I kept leaning forward and straining my neck and back. The magnifier isn't very comfortable so now I'm thinking a magnifier light will have to be added to my wishlist. :shock:

I've also come up with a nifty way (if I do say so myself) of having the chart next to my work. I took a piece of chipboard (happened to have one with holes in it) and tied it to the side clamp so that it rests on the L bar of the Lowery. Works terrific! I folded the page I'm on in half and just used binder clips to clip it to the chipboard.

Anyone else want to show off their (new) Lowery setups? :)
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

I'll post my comp /stitchy spot on my website later. It's a whole room. Right now I am in the miss of doing the 9 In Loving Memory Remembrances for this year, don't have the time to post.

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND. :applesauce: :D :applesauce: :D
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

How did I miss this post? very nice to peek into each other house :)
here is mine, I use the left end of the couch where I have a little table on the left with my lamp and the threads box, ORT jar, glass of water etc and my stitchmaster stand.
It is quite confortable even if our IKEA couch isn't the best for support, so I use extra pillows!
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Seeing as I just posted a pic of mine over on the HAED BB's QOTW thread, I thought I should post one here too!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
millymolly

Post by millymolly »

i have many stitchy spots!! i adapt to everywhere in my house and settle down and take up loads of room lol!
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

Heres mine. Snapped this photo and the one for Meagans thread about storage at the same time.
Haven't pulled out my project yet- so my spot is clean for 5 min.
I have a plastic Prop-It stand which I keep on the corner of the desk, or just use the magnet board with my chart. Otherwise.. here's where I make my magic.

I hate the table with the lamp. It has so many water stains and the edges are chipped. It looks terrible. But is sooo practical to have that I've kept it until I can find a better one.
This chair is about 30 years old. Its a hand me down from my parents. And the only rocking chair I have in my house. I was babysitting a fussy infant.. and I had NO rocking chair! Not very smart.. but never thought I needed one until that moment. My parents were getting new furniture.. so I snagged this chair from them.