Micheals

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

shjordon

Re: Micheals

Post by shjordon »

I went back and bought 2 more of the thread packs. There was one left, but it was missing a few skeins out of it. I also got a needle organizer that they had clearanced to 1.99. I still didn't see any kits for very cheap.
Sheila
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

I went a new Michaels.. Brand new maybe less than a year being open.. They HALF an aisle devoted to stitching.. And of course most of that is just the basic selection of DMC.. I won't be going to that Michaels any more that's for sure.. but we were in the area for a birthday party so I was hoping to walk away with more than 3829... :roll: Didn't happen... I need to go check my local Michael's now to make sure they're not downsizing :(
Faith
BookNerd

Post by BookNerd »

So, guess what. I went to the Michaels that I usually don't go to because it's way out of my way. But, we happened to go to dinner right by there, so of course I stopped in. My excuse was that I had a gc I got for the bday. :D Anywho, their cross stitch section is SO MUCH BETTER than the one I usually go to. We're talking about one small section in the corner on one wall (about 7 feet long) vs. 1 1/2 aisles. Crazy. Guess I know where I'll be going from now on.

Also, they had some clearance stuff. I snagged some 25 ct evenweave & 18 count aida, along with a pack of DMC variegated thread. :dance:
WIP:
~ HAED Amethyst Fairy
~ AAN Skull Banner
~ HAED Mini Sunflower Cottage
~ Bramble and The Rose
~ Woodland Vines
~ Rosetta

Finished:
~ custom design
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

Wow! Congrats BookNerd, that's quite a good find.
talenaya

Post by talenaya »

I went back and grabbed some more of the evenweave last week since most of them are HAED size.
:kitty:Victoria :kitty:

:wip:
HEAD: Nala
addicted

Post by addicted »

my michaels needlework section has been cleared out last time I check. I didn't see anything on sale though. Thankfully the floss section was full and I got all the colours that I needed.
BookNerd

Post by BookNerd »

Corey.G wrote:Wow! Congrats BookNerd, that's quite a good find.
Thanks! I just wish I had visited that one sooner. I could have snagged a lot more on clearance. But, hey, at least I know now. :)
WIP:
~ HAED Amethyst Fairy
~ AAN Skull Banner
~ HAED Mini Sunflower Cottage
~ Bramble and The Rose
~ Woodland Vines
~ Rosetta

Finished:
~ custom design
Heather

Post by Heather »

Well I am going on Saturday to my local Michael's... was going to buy a bar/hutch for my living room, but that money is much better spent on cross stitching stuff :)

Last time there they only had super small sampler kits and in the darkest corner of the store (literally, no lighting and next to the emergency exit) there was a display of DMC thread. But at the time I wasn't looking for fabric so I would like to see if they have some so I can see what 25-ct and other sizes looks like for myself. Could use some bobbins and new thread too! My collection could always use some improvement ;)
WIP:
Universe In A Jar (HAED) 07/08/12
Finishes:
Sunflower Bee (HAED)
CarolinaGirl

Post by CarolinaGirl »

Yeah, the Micheals here in Greenville doesn't have a big selection of cross stitch items--floss, hoops, some kits......BUT the good think about this Micheals is that they will honor the AC Moore & Hobby Lobby coupons--I know Micheals usually has a 40% off coupon, but AC Moore has a lot 50% off coupons!!! Actually they just ran one for 55% off one item!!! Of course you can't use it on sale items or clearance-There is a light/lamp there that I want that is like $279.00!!! So, that 55% off coupon will come in handy there!!!!
Carolinagirl
spinnerbeck

Post by spinnerbeck »

I'm not surprised at Michael's having issues like that...I loved their selection a long time ago when there was still MJDesigns as their competition but not for a while now. I converted completely over to Hobby Lobby if I need something right away and my LNS doesn't have it or it's something that HL might have a coupon for. Like Carole in SC, like AC Moore too but haven't found one here - and Hobby Lobby always plays great music and has wonderful selection and such nice people. I like going into a store where the people in that department actually stitch - or stamp - or wherever they work.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Ugh what a horrible depressing place. I'm never going back.

No fabric at all.

I spent 50$ on thread, needles, bobbins etc anyway :P But still, I am never going back. There was also another cross stitcher collecting thread who was as fed up and upset as I would.

I got a really cool sparkly white dmc thread that I'm going to use in my snowman pattern though, instead of krenik cause I hate using krenik.

That's about the only plus. :\ No fabric at Michaels.... but all the Chef Duff brand fondant and scrap book stickers you could dream of.
WIP:
Universe In A Jar (HAED) 07/08/12
Finishes:
Sunflower Bee (HAED)
JA Fan

Post by JA Fan »

Heather wrote:
That's about the only plus. :\ No fabric at Michaels.... but all the Chef Duff brand fondant and scrap book stickers you could dream of.
:lol: :lol: That about sums it up, I think!
WIP
Gold Collection Petite -- Cozy Cub
On hold:
HAED -- Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim
shjordon

Post by shjordon »

I went back to Michaels today, and they had marked down more fabric. I got:
2- DMC 14 count navy aida 14 x 18
3- DMC 14 count ecru aida 14 x 18
1- DMC 14 count off white aida 14 x 18
1- DMC 18 count blanc aida 14 x 18
1- Charles Craft Gold Standard 18 count aida 15 x 18

Each of them cost me 1.99 each. I also got some packs of butterfly charms and flower charms for 45 cents a pack.

There were a lot more clearance stickers, but the stuff had already been bought.

The bad thing was, they have clearanced out all their cross stitch books and don't even have a place for them anymore.

I didn't buy any, but they also had stretcher bars marked down to 99 cents a pack.
Sheila