What has been your favorite piece to have stitched?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

babyjazz

What has been your favorite piece to have stitched?

Post by babyjazz »

My favorite piece was one I did back in the early 90's. I can't remember the name of the pattern, but it was a Paula Vaughan piece. It had 2 little girls playing dress up. At that time it was the most difficult pattern I had ever stitched. I changed the hair color on the little girls to match the color of a friends' nieces he was giving as a gift to his sister, who was the little ones grandmother. For years after it was finished she sent me chocolates every year at Christmas. Unfortunately that was before my great idea to take pictures of my work.

:)
debupnorth

Re: What has been your favorite piece to have stitched?

Post by debupnorth »

I'll have to think on this & get back to you! Right now, my first answer would be skitzzzzz's Heart I just finished last night (see SAL), but I know that's not really true! :lol:
Deb

Currently stitching:
Twelve Days of Christmas, Vanessa-Ann Collection 1991
The Prairie Schooler annual Santa's 1984-2012
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It is constantly changing for me. The one I am working on usually. Each one has its own challenges or softspot for me. I have some I started and never finished because I didn't like doing them. Some that are favorites because they were gifts. Some are fun, some are lovely. There was a time when all I wanted to do were Paula Vaughn designs, then Teresa Wentzler, then Mirabilia, then cats, then flowers, than angels, then fairies, then cats (no surprise right?), then birds (the order is probably off), now it is HAED and skitzzzzz's designs and I have discovered Lizzie Kate. So the answer is whatever I am working on and not hidden away is my favorite piece. In hindsight, the afghans I made for my husband, children and grandchildren, niece and nephew.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I've enjoyed all the hardanger, small and large. I've really enjoyed the finishing of Blackstone Fantasy Garden and Venice, and was simply relieved to stitch the last reindeer for the Santa Advent Calendar. I did enjoy stitching the Celtic dogs, too. But the most fun ones, from start to finish, were the little chintz elephants. :P
Heather

Post by Heather »

I am really enjoying my current HAED chart, but this was what I finished before finding the forum and learning about HAED.... it's called The Line Up and it's a kit by a company starting with B... (forget what it is called!)
It's gigantic. My mom started it when she was pregnant with my younger sister (who is almost 21 and freshly engaged) intending to hang it in her nursery. She didn't finish it, so I did last year... I'd say my mom got about 1/4 of it done and I did the rest. Not my taste at all, but the sentimental value is there... and the floor was interesting to do!

WIP:
Universe In A Jar (HAED) 07/08/12
Finishes:
Sunflower Bee (HAED)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Lots of very good reasons for that to have been your favorite piece. :applesauce: What a special one it is.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
JazzeyBear

Post by JazzeyBear »

I haven't finished many of my started projects. Think I've finished 2 that have actually been started. Two are ufos, but will be finished one day. The others are all being worked on whenever they call to me. But my favorite to work on so far is the one that I'm doing for my friend, it's ending up as a late birthday presant but that's my fault since I switched the fabric 4 days before his birthday. He is the father of my precious angel, and he's been asking of months for me to stitch his name. I went a step further and stitched his name, my name and our angels name with a quote that I found. The letters are from an alphabet book I picked up months ago, and so far it's turning out pretty well. Will post a picture of it when I finally manage to get it finished for you all to enjoy. We are still very very close and are working on issues that we had in the past that caused us to break up our engagement four years ago.
An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth."

2013 Big WIPs
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED 2013 SAL Heather
Blessings
HAED Libra
Forest Chapel
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I think my favorite was the Native American afghan blanket that I stitched.... the motifs all along the border and the native woman dancing in the middle of the afghan. I stitched the afghan in 2004, I think. It took me about 2 years to stitch, off and on. When finished, my DH claimed it.

socialsue
Rose

Post by Rose »

Almost all of the ones I have finished. There have been 5 that I can remember that I did not like even though I did finish them in the end. But the others all have a special place in my stitching heart. :D :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
babyjazz

Post by babyjazz »

Heather, I love the ballerinas (spelling?)....They are gorgeous and what senitmential they have. :applesauce:
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Mine would be my Aerosmith concert photo that Skitzzzzz charted for me. It is proudly displayed in my bedroom (see gallery) :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

This is the one I look at with most fondness,for three reasons.

1. It was a birthday present from my friend who remembered I'd told her I'd started stitching in 1994 and she gave me the kit for my birthday in 1995.
2.It was only the second medium sized project that I stitched and the first with back stitch that hi lighted the design.
3.It took several years to find the right aperture for it.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
BookNerd

Post by BookNerd »

What a great topic!

I think my favorite thing I've stitched was one I did for my Mom when I was a teen. It was a stamped cross stitch kit by Jan Hagara of 2 little girls holding dolls. She just loved Jan Hagara. I somehow was able to do it w/o her seeing it, and snuck it out to my Gma's house to iron and frame it. She loved it so much. I think that is the only cross stitch project I did that I still have.
WIP:
~ HAED Amethyst Fairy
~ AAN Skull Banner
~ HAED Mini Sunflower Cottage
~ Bramble and The Rose
~ Woodland Vines
~ Rosetta

Finished:
~ custom design
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

I'd have to say that the tiger design I'm working on right now is favorite. I spent about a year trying to find the chart, cause that issue didn't get delivered to my city, then my fiancé found it and then I was on the hunt for fabric. I haven't worked on anything but white Aida til this point so it's a lot of fun working on a different colour fabric. And its the biggest one to date and I've looked forward to it for so long.
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Teresa Wentzler's The Storyteller

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/gallery ... lbum_id=82#" target="_blank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
pattiebelle

Post by pattiebelle »

all my absolute favorites were done 20 or so years ago, before the longgggg break in my stitching. and they were all gifts: bunnies for my girlfriend, pandas for my son, carousel horses for my daughter, angels for my mom. i think i kept one for myself: a wooden shelf w/an oval cutout above where the stitching goes that says "love abides". it followed me wherever i lived and i always felt safe.

:wub:
pattiebelle

"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)