Lowery Floorstands?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: Lowery Floorstands?

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Mine's arrived too :dance: :dance: and DH very sweetly immediately assembled it for me -- and then insisted on photographing me with it. Apologies for the cheesy grin in some of them; I've actually deleted the worst from the camera...

We got it set up just to the right height and positions, and it seems to work beautifully so far -- I'll give it a longer trial tomorrow!

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

Ooooooooooooooooooh, look at that! All shiny and new!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I CAN wait until tomorrow. I CAN wait until tomorrow. I CAN wait until tomorrow. I CAN wait until tomorrow. I CAN wait until tomorrow. ...

Not jealous at all! Me? Jealous? Impatient? Noooooooooooo.
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

XandraS

Post by XandraS »

Ooh, that's lovely Mabel. I'm getting impatient for mine now and it's not even ordered
XandraS...
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

That looks perfect... definitely keep that in the back of my mind for the future. Congrats on your purchases, and enjoy them!! Hopefully as much as Mabel does. :)
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

I know this is a bump but I'm just getting ready to order my Lowery and I had a couple of questions for you ladies.

I think I'm going to be getting the corner clamp version (the Side clamp is out of stock and I often use hoops or qsnaps, and I think the corner version might be better for that

I'm wondering if I'm going to need the L arm extension. My chair doesnt have wide arms but I don't want to be squished

My question is this - if you use the Lowery without the extension, do you wish you had gotten the extension, if you use the Lowery with the extension do you think it makes much of a difference

Oh and opinions on whether I should wait and get the side clamp or just go for the corner clamp are also welcome

thanks people
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I don't really know about the extension, though I do have times where a longer arm would be better, I do cope fine with the normal one.

I have the side clamp but really struggle with small hoops or any size q snap, they rotate and you can't get them to stay still, so the corner clamp sounds as if would be the better solution for you.

Good luck!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
helbel

Post by helbel »

I have the side clamp and no extension. It's fine for my sofa, but I suspect I will need the extension at some point in the future when I get a larger sofa.

There's a picture here of it at it's minimum setting:
http://flic.kr/p/7qtfSp" target="_blank

And a pic here of it in use (though I was trying to show the chart attachment which I now never use!)