embarrassed by cross stitch?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

crosstitcher1

Re: embarrassed by cross stitch?

Post by crosstitcher1 »

:applesauce: to your BH. Mine knows how much I LOVE the hobby and each weekend, he will look for ANY sewing stuff, hoops, frames, threads, a couple of yrs. ago, he bought a WHOLE boot box FULL of threads in a yard sale. :applesauce: :applesauce: HEAVEN to me. :D :D :D :D In fact, when we would go to Wally World or K-Mart, he would tell me, "There's the latest issue of one of your magazines," and he would get it for me.
My BH wears a FANNY PACK on weekends, as he wears t-shirts on weekends, his COMFY clothes, as he calls them, and he is TEASED when he sees a co-worker at the store, and he just replies, "At LEAST I'm not LOOKING in the mirror 20 x's a day." BH says there are some that can't leave the :roll: without combing their hair 20 x's a day.
My BH has NP in getting my UNMENTIONABLES when I needed them when we first married. And I had NP problem in getting his stuff, IF he FORGOT it, on my way home from work, when I was working. To me that's just being considerate of each other's needs. We BOTH knows what makes each other HAPPY.
And I am glad someone brought up that athlete that does needlepoint. For years I had heard of someone, but could NEVER remember WHO it was. And I also COMMEND the males on here for taking up such a ENJOYABLE hobby and LOVE it as much as we women do.
I was asked last year by one of BH'S retired military personal at our local Wally world, about starting a hobby, as he and his wife was in the craft section, and she was saying about knitting, and he knew I did cross stitching. He asked if it was HARD to learn, and I told him I still had some kit ornaments when I 1st started, and IF he was interested in learning, I would be glad to teach him. He told me NOT to tell my BH, as he felt EMBARRASSED in learning something like sewing, and he COULDN'T stand to be teased if people found out. I just told him, I would come over to his house, a mile from us, and teach him the basics. Last week, he FINALLY finished the ornament. He and his wife was TICKLED :wub: . I told him I had some ornament frames that I could frame it for him and he could put it on his Christmas tree this year. I told him I would write on the back the year. I told him WHERE to look for the ornaments in the craft section at Wally world. He said he was going to do another one. :applesauce:

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :D :D
backafteradozenyrs

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

crosstitcher1 wrote::applesauce: to your BH.

What is a BH? (I've never seen that before.)
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
goldenlightdesigns

Post by goldenlightdesigns »

Corey.G wrote:Mig I think you hit the nail on the head. Although I don't buy cross stitch magazines anymore because they just took up space, when I did buy them I bought my woodworking ones and fitness mags with it too. You simply just don't want to be judged because of a craft preference. Exactly the same reason why I don't stitch in the company of other men cause of judgment.

In our society today although we have come a long way with gender equality, we now have people that make a quicker judgment to someone's sexual preference. Just because I cross stitch doesn't mean I'm going to jump the next guy I see. I'm straight and got interested in the hobby for competition reasons and liked it. I'm engaged to a woman I'm madly in love with, but when some people see you with the "wrong" (in their minds) thing in your hands they judge you.

In that whole retrospect I can honestly admit I had a hard time joining this site for that reason. But my fiancé and this forum has helped me realize its just something I like.
I'm confused. You say you're in love with a woman but you have fiance. Are you getting married to a guy?
Visit My Blog for free patterns!
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

goldenlightdesigns wrote:
Corey.G wrote:Mig I think you hit the nail on the head. Although I don't buy cross stitch magazines anymore because they just took up space, when I did buy them I bought my woodworking ones and fitness mags with it too. You simply just don't want to be judged because of a craft preference. Exactly the same reason why I don't stitch in the company of other men cause of judgment.

In our society today although we have come a long way with gender equality, we now have people that make a quicker judgment to someone's sexual preference. Just because I cross stitch doesn't mean I'm going to jump the next guy I see. I'm straight and got interested in the hobby for competition reasons and liked it. I'm engaged to a woman I'm madly in love with, but when some people see you with the "wrong" (in their minds) thing in your hands they judge you.

In that whole retrospect I can honestly admit I had a hard time joining this site for that reason. But my fiancé and this forum has helped me realize its just something I like.
I'm confused. You say you're in love with a woman but you have fiance. Are you getting married to a guy?
I'm a getting married to a woman. Shes also my fiancé.