order from online hope their reputable

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Totality

order from online hope their reputable

Post by Totality »

Hi all, i week ago i emailed an online shop - across town stitching- and made some enquirers, well i never got any reply but still decided to purchase a few items from them last night. I know its extremly early days but i'd have thought they would have at least emailed to confirm my order. The main reason i went through them was the cost, and being able to pay via paypal. Has anyone else ordered from them? if so did you get any info back?
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Re: order from online hope their reputable

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

I buy all my DMC from Louise at Across Town Stitching as do a lot of other stitchers on here - I've never had any problems and recommend them! I don't remember getting confirmation of order emails - but I usually buy in bulk and so order the threads by sending Louise an email with the numbers and attach a read receipt so I know she has seen it. Sometimes I've had my threads within a day or so of placing the order, sometimes it takes a bit longer if she doesn't have everything in stock. If you've had a receipt from Paypal your order would have gone through and I'm sure everything will be fine!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

I've bought from there too. I remember being a little concerned when I didn't get order confirmations etc too but Louise IS pretty fast. I've never tried contacting her through the website (I never can - it doesnt display nicely for me - I have to fight with it to do anything :roll: )

I've sent her a message through the across town stitching facebook page and always gotten a fast, thorough response through there. If you are worried maybe you could send a message that way?
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
cristaltipps

Post by cristaltipps »

I have ordered several times form Louise and while she is not the absolute fastest online supplier she does very well as she is a small business, if anything of mine is not in stock i get emailed keeping me up to date and that is usually sent on as soon as it becomes available. My last order she was out of stock of the boxes i wanted but sent my threads right away, i was short 2 threads in a big order and emailed to say but i also said not to worry about posting them seperately if she just put them in with the boxes and i got a lovely apologetic mail back promising to do so and she did. I would use her for my flosses any time i need 5 or more as less than that and postage is more than popping to hobbycraft although i do hate to give them money lol
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

I order from there too and have never had any problems. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but I think Louise is just busy because her prices are low and she's running the place on her own (I assume).
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

Totality

Post by Totality »

hi all, have not long had a reply from her and she's checking her stock. I guess i was nervous because her products are such a huge bargain, and i was able to pay via paypal. Its taken me an age to not only find a new design but decided to treat myself this close to xmas when i dont really have the funds, and when i hadn't had an email before ordering i was gettin a little worried. I have to say i do online shop but not often for x-stitch items as i'm usually impatient to start or end up with a kit providing all the stuff. At went to my local haberdashery shop for a few extra skeins to finish of my latest pattern ( was annoyed really because i only need a few more stitched of each colour!) and it was only till i ordered online that i realized that they charge 90p for each floss which i now see is extremely expensive!! i even went to hobbycraft at the weekend and they were only 75p there and thats still steep compared to some places online. Anyway thanks all as of yet she seems to be on the case and fingers crossed i dont have to wait for long to get started!
crafterglen

Post by crafterglen »

Everything Amanda said is spot on, I have ordered from Louise for a few years now and don't go anywhere else, it does help to give her a bit of notice for stash but she always replies to my e.mails, last time she was out of stock of some of the skeins I wanted and had to wait a couple of weeks, I told her it was just fine and not to worry but sure enough she said sorry and put in a chart, floss box and needle threaders for the inconvenience even though I had told her all was fine, she is a lovely lass and I will stay with her.
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

I live in Milton Keynes were across town stitching is based and have picked goods up in person from Louise she is very good.
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

I would just echo everything everyone has said about Louise - I've never had any problems with her and she's always been fantastic and unlike some I've used before, always explained when threads are out of stock and sent on promptly. I will definitely be sticking with Louise for large stash orders.
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal