Not posting much ...

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

BizzieLizzie

Not posting much ...

Post by BizzieLizzie »

… due to lack of time, but I’m lurking daily and celebrating/commiserating with you all and enjoying the WIPs – great work, everyone!

Sadly, our precious little Gerry joined Phoebe and Hugh at the Rainbow Bridge a few weeks ago, but we’ll be welcoming two new furbabies to the family on Sunday. Pics next week.

My stitching method’s evolved over the last couple of weeks, too. I’ve found a gridding method that works for me (2 over, 8 under, the ends held down with paper tape – thanks to JazzeyBear for that idea! :applesauce: ). I’m now stitching my 10x10 blocks in rows rather than columns, as that makes it easier to stitch large areas of solid colour surrounded by confetti, and I’ve found a way of attaching my pattern to the frame with magnets, which saves time looking for the next symbol. (Question: I fold the pattern in half – will the ink on the half resting against the existing stitches mark them?)

Oh yes, and I made a new start :oops: , HAED Freesia for Mum. This is what I’ve done so far:

And here’s a quick update on Adobe White until I get round to updating the SAL thread:
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

yh.janice

Re: Not posting much ...

Post by yh.janice »

hope to see your progress :lol:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Lovely to see you back online and your lovely update on Adobe White - its looking awesome. Love the Fresia one too, another awesome design and you have made a great start.

:hug: :love: :rose: and commiserations on Gerry's move to Rainbow Bridge. It is so hard when they leave us but good to know they are now well and happy and we will meet up with them again one day.

Looking forward to seeing your new fur babies. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It is so good to see you again :D. Life does have a way of interfering with stitching and "foruming" sometimes, doesn't it. I love the progress you have made on your projects. :applesauce: :applesauce: The new one for your Mum is going to be lovely. What a fantastic gift it will be!
I'm sorry to hear about Gerry. As Sally says, he'll be at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you one day (far far in the future). I hope you will post lots of pics of your new arrivals when they do arrive.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
calico

Post by calico »

:hugs: on having to see Gerry off to the Rainbow Bridge... Always a heartbreaking thing to do :( Looking forward to seeing pics of the new additions!
Your progress on Adobe White is wonderful and congrats on your new start and a gridding system that you like!
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
Rose

Post by Rose »

Nice work you have going there, it looks great!!!!. As for the chart I do not think I would place the ink side to my stitching. Of course it will depend on the quality of the printer as to how much it could leak on to the fabric but if for any reason it got wet it would be sure to leak. I personally would not chance it.

Sorry about the loss of your furbaby.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
JazzeyBear

Post by JazzeyBear »

So sorry to hear about your fur baby going to the rainbow bridge, but how exciting that by next week you'll have two new fur babies.

Paper tape is wonderful to work with. It's sticky enough to hold whatever, but doesn't leave any sticky behind when you pull it off (at least on the fabric and threads. Q-snaps is a different story)

I've recently started doing this with my charts (that I've made copies of or have printed off myself) I'll carefully cut the pattern in fourths (I number the back of them so I know where they go) and tape one to my frame. Maybe you could try something similar to prevent any chance of the ink rubbing off on your fabric.
An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth."

2013 Big WIPs
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED 2013 SAL Heather
Blessings
HAED Libra
Forest Chapel
fccs

Post by fccs »

So sad for the loss of Gerry, but thrilled at the prospect of two new fur babies. They do make our lives special and interesting and fun.

Nice progress and stitching...I especially love the Adobe White (I have a fondness for furry things). Freesia will be stunning! I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures of the stitching and the fur babies.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
millymolly

Post by millymolly »

lovely start on the new project! glad youve found a gridding method that you like!
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished