Important stashmas information

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JazzeyBear

Important stashmas information

Post by JazzeyBear »

No, this isn't the sign-ups for stashmas. It's more of a heads up of what's coming. This year Carole (rcperryls) and myself are running stashmas. Any questions can be directed to us (or anyone that has the correct answer really) and any problems should be directed to us.

This year sign-ups will start (as soon as I get the post up) on September 9 and close at midnight (central daylight time, possibly will change) on September 30. The wish list will also be open during those dates. We will have the list ready by the second of October at the latest. Exchanging addresses by the tenth. All stashmas gifts NEED to be sent by November 8th. And of course opening date will remain December 1st.

The dates will be posted again in the sign-up thread when sign-ups are open. The list of who is sending to who in the first thread as well. Basically stashmas will be run as it was last year by Dewitt.

The last few years, there have been some who have never recieved their gifts. Carole and I discussed ways to prevent this from happening again this year. This doesn't really apply to the ones that post often, or the ones that just sit back and watch. But we are looking for some what regular postings. I'm a watcher, and Carole is a talker. Anyone can signup, but please think everything through before signing up.

I think I've covered everything. I know we still have about two weeks before signups, but we wanted everyone to have a heads up and time to think if they will be able to join in this year.
An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth."

2013 Big WIPs
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED 2013 SAL Heather
Blessings
HAED Libra
Forest Chapel
LastingAllure

Re: Important stashmas information

Post by LastingAllure »

So technically I was a little correct...you just didn't win the lottery to buy the stash lol. I was on the right track!! @rotfl: @rotfl:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Excellent! It's such a huge undertaking, so Hats Off to Carole and Jazzey! :dance: :applesauce: :dance: :applesauce:
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

SO appreciate you doing this, it really is a highlight of the year!! And heads up on General is great as well.

Niki xxxx

Ps my ipad changed "heads" to HAEDs.........
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I am so glad that this is happening so I will be able to participate! Thank you so much, Jazzey and Carole!
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
aussie_stitcher

Post by aussie_stitcher »

For a newbie...stashmas? It sounds exciting. :)
Emma

Cross stitch, a dog at my feet and a cup of tea makes a happy me. :)

WIP
Nerdy Dice Cross Stitch
Peacock Feathers

Completed 2013
King Charles Cavalier
Dachshund
Assorted Cards
Happy Hour
Bibs - 2
Eucalyptus Leaves Card (Scented)
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

I'm still so sad I missed last year as my first year on the forum Stashmas was so much fun! I'm not missing this year!! :dance: :dance:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
JazzeyBear

Post by JazzeyBear »

Just another little thing (didnt know it was possible until now) please if you send either my self or Carole a private message, make sure we can send you one back. When the send list is posted, it is important than we can send private messages to each other. This is the way addresses are sent and kept private.

If you're worried about privacy with your addresses, I can assure you (as well as many who have participated in the past) that our addresses are only used for stashmas gift sending.
An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth."

2013 Big WIPs
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED 2013 SAL Heather
Blessings
HAED Libra
Forest Chapel
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Thanks Jazzy and Carole for doing this as I know it is a huge undertaking. It's nice to know it is in your safe, capable hands.
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

aussie_stitcher wrote:For a newbie...stashmas? It sounds exciting. :)
Stashmas.. its like Christmas.. but its not. Since quite a few people do not celebrate Christmas, we've created a new holiday. And moved it up to the beginning of December.

When the sign ups open, if you are interested, you put your name on the list. Someone will get your name, you will get someones name. You send stitchy gifties to them... and receive some in return. Sometimes its anonymous, sometimes not. Each year its a little different.
Everyone opens on Dec 1.. and posts photos for the forum to ooohh and ahhh over.
JazzeyBear

Post by JazzeyBear »

Thanks Maggie. Somehow I overlooked that post. I remember reading it but not taking it in as a question.

2013 Big WIPs
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED 2013 SAL Heather
Blessings
HAED Libra
Forest Chapel
calico

Post by calico »

It's wonderful for you gals to take this on! I have not participated in this before as I tend to get a little overwhelmed that time of year and don't need another thing to do. Now if you ever do a 'Stashmas in July'.....I would definitely consider it! :wink:

I always enjoy seeing and hearing about all the fun stash that gets exchanged!
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
guenever

Post by guenever »

i will definitely be involved in this and can promise that whomever i get, will get a stitchy gift!
Linnea

God Bless!

"Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be."

Visit my site http://www.freewebs.com/guenever/

WIP
Dragonfly Fairy
annamarie23

Post by annamarie23 »

This sounds interesting! Is it a bit like a stitchy secret Santa?

Anna Marie x
Anna-Marie x

WIP - CSC 'Calligraphy', Janlynn 'Egyptian Pair', Ink Circles 'Woodland Vines'.
Waiting in the wings - Music and violin- Skitzzzzz, SQ 'Midsummer Eve', HAED Mini Camelot plus lots of others.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It is a bit like that except that you know who will be sending your gift, but you don't know what it is, of course. I think they have in the past done it so that people didn't know who was sending it to them, but for some reason it was changed. I think it would be very hard to keep track of, but I suppose it is something to think about. Next year, maybe? The wish lists can be as long or as short as you want. What I like is the "don't want" part of the list so that way someone doesn't waste time and money getting you fabric you don't like or charts you won't stitch. Everything else is a surprise and so much fun. The key question has been whose Dec 1 starts Stashmas, since we cover just about all time zones. Seems to me whoever reaches Dec 1 should "shout it out" and then we all get to open our presents. @rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
aussie_stitcher

Post by aussie_stitcher »

Oooh, sounds very fun. Does it matter what part of the world you're in? I'm happy to send stuff overseas.
Emma

Cross stitch, a dog at my feet and a cup of tea makes a happy me. :)

WIP
Nerdy Dice Cross Stitch
Peacock Feathers

Completed 2013
King Charles Cavalier
Dachshund
Assorted Cards
Happy Hour
Bibs - 2
Eucalyptus Leaves Card (Scented)
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Stashmas is fun.I was in it last year.I got an absolutely gorgeous Stashmas parcel.Unfortunately the person I sent to vanished sometime in November,never to be heard of again.
As Carole said,putting down what you don't want/like certainly saves a lot of time.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
JazzeyBear

Post by JazzeyBear »

aussie_stitcher wrote:Oooh, sounds very fun. Does it matter what part of the world you're in? I'm happy to send stuff overseas.

Yes, at sign-ups you can choose to send where ever you want to in the world.

Stitchinkitty wrote:Stashmas is fun.I was in it last year.I got an absolutely gorgeous Stashmas parcel.Unfortunately the person I sent to vanished sometime in November,never to be heard of again.
As Carole said,putting down what you don't want/like certainly saves a lot of time.
Carole and myself are trying our hardest to prevent this from happening again this year.

2013 Big WIPs
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED 2013 SAL Heather
Blessings
HAED Libra
Forest Chapel
Lottie

Post by Lottie »

Thank you very much for taking on the organisation of this. So glad it's coming back as I really enjoyed last year. Stashmas and the Xmas ornament exchange always help get me in the mood for the Xmas season :D
This is the year that I finally deal with all my UFOs......
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Goody goody Stashmas again so looking forward to it. It was great fun

Aussie stitcher both Stitchin Kitty and I are from Qld so yes anyone anywhere can join in - and we get to open ours first unless there are any Kiwis joining in - they are 2 hours ahead of us. :lol: :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262