Changes coming.

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Changes coming.

Post by Rose »

Over the last several months I have had a really bad attitude. I have worked at making it better but in the last few days I have noticed that some of the replies I am making to requests on this forum have been on the snippy side. (Private requests and notices) I do not want this to become something that infects the entire forum. This is a lovely place for people to come and talk and air concerns and I am afraid that I will diminish the positive if I continue on.

With this in mind I have decided to take a break from moderating. I hope that de-stressing in this and a couple of personal ventures I can change this negative feeling. So I have approached 3 of our regular members and they have agreed to take the reins and guide the forum forward. Serinde, karen4bells and rcperryls will be the members that you can ask questions of and make request too. They will continue to moderate the forum in all it's glory and I know that they will do all they can to assist you all with any questions, concerns or problems that may arise. (Chris tells me that he should have the ladies added in as Moderators by today some time.)

I am not leaving all together I will still pop in on an irregular basis but I just need some time and space to get my attitude turned around. I do not like being a pessimist or bit##y. I hope that you all will continue to enjoy the forum and I really love how it is such a fun group. I have enjoyed moderating and wish all of you a happy future. I will pop in and show my stitching once in a while and have a look at yours so do not think you are getting rid of me for good.

Hugs from Rose
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Louise1262

Re: Changes coming.

Post by Louise1262 »

Hadn't noticed that at all Rose, surely you haven't had complaints :shock:
I only remember encouragement and nice comments about members work.

Maybe there have been more 'unusual' requests than normal. :thinks:

Anyway hope you don't disappear - I for one will miss your lovely avatar :wub: the puppy.

Good luck to the ladies taking over - well done for stepping up.
mags

Post by mags »

Oh Rose. :(
So sorry you are feeling this way.

I am sure everyone will join me in thanking you for all your hard work over the years as moderator - you have done a wonderful wonderful job.

I am sure the new moderators will also do a brilliant job and will get everyone's support.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

mags wrote:
I am sure everyone will join me in thanking you for all your hard work over the years as moderator - you have done a wonderful wonderful job.

I am sure the new moderators will also do a brilliant job and will get everyone's support.
Absolutely! Thank you so much for a wonderful service as a moderator and having been one on two other forums I know how stressful it can get "behind the scenes" and it's a testament to how good of a moderator you are that we're not even aware of any conflicts or odd requests happening around the forums, when all we see is the nice side. :)
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Rose,
I for one, had "never" seen anything that you had written as a "snippy" person. :tantrum: You had "always" been truthful in your advice. :angel: I for 1 have always took your "genuine" advice to heart in any questions that I may have had on here.
We are sending you :mexicanwave: and :grouphug: 's your way. Just "relax" in your "search" in finding your "new" attitude., which "doesn't" need to change.
Soon we will all be having happy :dance: :dance: :dance: 's in your return.

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND. :applesauce: :D :applesauce: :D
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I am so sorry to hear that you feel that way Rose. I do hope it is only a temporary thing and you will be back with us very soon :hug:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I am sorry that you are feeling this way. But I support your decision to step down for now. If you know that you are not enjoying it, then there is no reason to force yourself to do it if someone else is willing.

I hope that we still see you around a lot. I love seeing your work, and I would greatly miss your encouragement and company!

:grouphug:
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:grouphug:

I'm sad that you've been having 'snippy responses' to your helpful and friendly replies. I,for one, have always found your advice and knowledge of the Forum, helpful and understanding.
It's a sad fact of life that the world is changing and attitudes to our fellow humans has taken a down turn!

I hope that when you take a step back and hand your 'Moderators Hat' over to a fresh set of capable and friendly members, you'll find pleasure again in this lovely Forum. :rose:

:toast: :toast: :toast: to you Rose! :grouphug:

I'm glad that you won't be leaving us and that we'll be seeing you and the :puppy: here. :hug: :grouphug: :hug:
TracyG

Post by TracyG »

Job well done, Rose!! I certainly understand the need to step back, cut back, and re-evaluate. Just for the record - you are largely to blame for making me love this place so darn much! I wish you luck in your quest to re-find your happy place and hope you keep us updated, not only about that particular journey, but your lovely stitching progress too. :hug:
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear this Rose and definitely kudos to the 3 members stepping up for you. Take time to find your happiness again and hope to see you on here often. :hug:
topbiddy

Post by topbiddy »

I am sure I am not lone in thinking having a good guiding hand at the helm is a good thing. Its what makes this site so relevant.
Good job Rose, will miss your posts, don't go anywhere for long. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Nimble stitch

Post by Nimble stitch »

mags wrote:Oh Rose. :(
So sorry you are feeling this way.

Absolutely!!!
Karen

Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett

Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
stitch addicted

Post by stitch addicted »

:hug:
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

I've gotta agree - I hadn't noticed any snippy comments at all Rose.

Good for you for realising you weren't happy and that you needed to take a step back for a while.

:grouphug: :hug:
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Take care Rose :hug: look forward to seeing when you pop in.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
wwdiva

Post by wwdiva »

I totally understand the need to pull back, although like others, I never felt that you were showing any signs of "moderator fatigue".
I have admired your commitment to the forum. You have mentored many.
Please don't be a stranger. After all, a new hockey season is starting this weekend!
Go Canucks, er, I mean Sharks.
Enjoy your stitching time and thank you so much.
Cheers :toast:
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'm sorry the situation has arisen that is taking you away from us, but you have to do what's good for you. The new moderators, I'm sure, will keep this forum running smoothly thanks to your mentorship.

I will be looking forward to your updates, as frequent or infrequent as they may be.

Take care of you.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

wendywombat wrote::grouphug:
I'm sad that you've been having 'snippy responses' to your helpful and friendly replies. ....
:hug:
I think she meant she is giving the snippy responses, not getting them.

I think it's good once in a while to take a step back and decompress. I'm not here very often and I don't know y'all as well as many here know each other, but I think stitching communities as a whole are supportive of others in their group. Decompress and find your happy place again, Rose. :)

WIP
elsanna

Post by elsanna »

Rose , I personally think you are one of the nicest people I have met on the forum. But if you feel you need a break because you think you are snippy pls enjoy your time off and looking forward to your return. :hug: :hug: :hug:
calico

Post by calico »

Rose, you have been an awesome moderator! Thank you for all your humor, guidance and encouraging comments! The ladies you have chosen to fill your moderating shoes and keepmus all in line are awesome as well, and will be treated kindly...promise :angel: :wub:
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel