Vickie's 2013 Projects

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

fccs

Re: Vickie's 2013 Projects

Post by fccs »

I love this project and your stitching...and the history lessons!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Great progress. :applesauce:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: I love this design and the information that goes along with it. I have learned much of my history from Historical novels (and historical romances :oops:) that it is good to see that much of it has been accurate.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
VickieDesigns

Post by VickieDesigns »

Kings and Queens: George IV (1762 - 1830): From 1811 until his accession, George served as Prince Regent during his father’s final mental illness. He led an extravagant lifestyle that contributed to the fashions of the Regency era. He was a patron of new forms of leisure, style and taste. He commissioned John Nash to build the Royal Pavilion in Brighton and remodel Buckingham Palace, and Sir Jeffry Wyattville to rebuild Windsor Castle. He was instrumental in the foundation of the National Gallery and King’s College London. For most of George’s regency and reign, Lord Liverpool controlled the government as Prime Minister. His charm and culture earned him the title “the first gentleman of England”, but his bad relations with his father and wife, and his dissolute way of life, earned him the contempt of the people and dimmed the prestige of the monarchy. He even introduced the unpopular Pains and Penalties Bill in a desperate, unsuccessful, attempt to divorce his wife. Taxpayers were angry at his wasteful spending in time of war. He did not provide national leadership in time of crisis, nor act as a role model for his people. His ministers found his behaviour selfish, unreliable and irresponsible.

7 to go... could I be finished this time next week?
Borgessa

Post by Borgessa »

I love this one, bottle of booze and a glass, my kinda guy!
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Ooh! Can't wait to see the whole thing. :applesauce:

This is coming along so quickly. You must really be enjoying stitching this. :D
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
millymolly

Post by millymolly »

haha i love that one :)
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
VickieDesigns

Post by VickieDesigns »

Cecilia wrote:This is coming along so quickly. You must really be enjoying stitching this. :D
It is fun but right now I'm onto my 36th Royal and I just want to get this finished! :D
Rose

Post by Rose »

Party Boy!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: I love this one too. I can imagine what a character he was!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
VickieDesigns

Post by VickieDesigns »

Kings and Queens: William IV (1765 - 1837): William was the last king and penultimate monarch of Britain’s House of Hanover. He served in the Royal Navy in his youth and was, both during his reign and afterwards, nicknamed the “Sailor King”. He served in North America and the Caribbean, but saw little actual fighting. Since his two older brothers died without leaving legitimate issue, he inherited the throne when he was 64 years old. His reign saw several reforms: the poor law was updated, child labour restricted, slavery abolished in nearly all the British Empire, and the British electoral system refashioned by the Reform Act 1832. Though William did not engage in politics as much as his brother or his father, he was the last monarch to appoint a Prime Minister contrary to the will of Parliament. At the time of his death, William had no surviving legitimate children but he was survived by eight of the ten illegitimate children he had by the actress Dorothea Jordan, with whom he cohabited for 20 years.
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Just caught up on all of this, wow!! I can't believe how much more you've completed since I last saw it! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: that you've done and good luck getting it done as quickly as you'd like. :)
Rose

Post by Rose »

:applesauce: :applesauce:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Amazing--they are all so fully of character and I love your little blurbs about them as well!! :D
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Borgessa

Post by Borgessa »

I had a little giggle at this one, he looks like he's burping, since I can still see the wine glass in the frame from George. Imagine taking on that Job at 64!! sheesh.
VickieDesigns

Post by VickieDesigns »

Kings and Queens: Victoria (1819 - 1901): Victoria inherited the throne at the age of 18, after her father’s three elder brothers had all died leaving no legitimate, surviving children. The United Kingdom was already an established constitutional monarchy, in which the Sovereign held relatively little direct political power. Privately, Victoria attempted to influence government policy and ministerial appointments. Publicly, she became a national icon, and was identified with strict standards of personal morality. Victoria married her first cousin, Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, in 1840. Their nine children married into royal and noble families across the continent, tying them together and earning her the nickname “the grandmother of Europe”. After Albert’s death in 1861, Victoria plunged into deep mourning and avoided public appearances. Through the 1860s, Victoria relied increasingly on a manservant from Scotland, John Brown. Slanderous rumours of a romantic connection and even a secret marriage appeared in print, and the Queen was referred to as “Mrs. Brown”. The story of their relationship was the subject of the 1997 movie Mrs. Brown. After she died and was placed in her coffin, one of Albert’s dressing gowns was placed by her side, with a plaster cast of his hand, while a lock of John Brown’s hair, along with a picture of him, were placed in her left hand concealed from the view of the family by a carefully positioned bunch of flowers. Her reign of 63 years is longer than that of any other British monarch. It was a period of industrial, cultural, political, scientific, and military change within the United Kingdom, and was marked by a great expansion of the British Empire.

I never knew about John Brown until now, it's lovely that she found someone else!
Rose

Post by Rose »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Borgessa

Post by Borgessa »

Your getting so close, Victoria sure was a stern looking woman haha. Great job :)
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Borgessa wrote:Your getting so close, Victoria sure was a stern looking woman haha. Great job :)
Indeed she was!!! Very nice!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: for both William IV and Victoria. Love love love her expression. Perfect.
Now you are getting really close!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat