Stitching from Stash 2014 challenge

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

Re: Stitching from Stash 2014 challenge

Post by fccs »

maemae0410 wrote:While looking for the fabric for my AAN he said whats the hurry I sais I have to buy it before 2014...he laughed and said you know the whole purpose it to save the money....notmjust buy all the stash just before the new year...LoL
Obviously he just doesn't get it. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
natural_isis

Post by natural_isis »

Not planning on signing up, since my working hours tend to make me lose track of time. I am, however, going on a stash ban in 2014 (That sound you just heard was the owners of 123Stitch, Herrschners, and Nordic Needle groaning).

My stash has far exceeded my lifespan and is starting to creep out of it's very large closet. So I'm hoping to make this the year of finishing some of the few dozen :oops: Wips I currently have.

I do confess, however, that like maemae I did place orders with 123 and Nordic Needle today. My only defense is that it is still officially 2013. :roll:

Looking forward to following everyone's progress this year, and hoping everyone has a year of health, happiness, and lots of stitching time.

Liz
Wips: Sadness of an Angel-Haed, Flower Girl- Haed, Bookworm Fairy- Haed, Ghost of A Rose- Haed, Babysitting- Haed, Red Tulips- Mystic Stitch, Pompiean Lady- Haed
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

maemae0410 wrote:So from what I understand, WIP amd UFO are fine and any stash purchased before 2014 does not apply to the budget. I have asked her since I dont do a lot of blogging if I can send her a link to the youtube vids where I do my monthly updates. Ihave my blog and will post there if needed. Rose, I was unaware you had a blog. I am excited to do this as well. I cant believe I am excited about a budget. Lol I think DH is more excited. While looking for the fabric for my AAN he said whats the hurry I sais I have to buy it before 2014...he laughed and said you know the whole purpose it to save the money....notmjust buy all the stash just before the new year...LoL
haha I see it as good strategy!!! :wink: I signed up but my concern is that it might conflict with my more pressing New Years Resolution of making things handmade for friends and family instead of buying things.. :lol: I'm up for the challenge though!
msufly

Post by msufly »

I made a puchase from 123stitch a couple days ago too but I was also given $ for Christmas and since gift money doesn't count towards your monthly balance, then I'm starting the year with a credit balance as I still have gift money to spend! I did have to ignore the urge to go to my LNS though just to spend it. I have plenty of things to work on!

I want to stitch some cards this yr - for holidays, birthdays, etc so some of my $ spent each month will go towards magazines for cute designs. Plus some ornaments to stitich up as gifts but I don't see myself doing anything sizable for a friend or family this year but we'll see.
Kim

WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
cairee

Post by cairee »

I like buying stash way too much to limit myself to $25/month. maybe a limit of $250/month I could work with.... I have a few resolutions but limiting my spending is not on the list.
I hope those who are participating have fun with it though!
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

I'm hoping to have more stitching time mid-year. (Hopefully I'll have my masters done in April. :x: :x: That's the main reason I've been MIA for so long.) I've joined the group since my main focus right now is to work on the 5 or 6 UFOs I have. I just finished one last week for SIL's birthday.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I shot her an email that I want to join. :) I'm glad I saw this thread before the deadline tomorrow.

I haven't spent $25 in a single month in. . .well. . . .. a very long time. Honestly, I couldn't imagine spending $25 a month, every month. I have no idea what I would buy. I have more fabric than my LNS and I have the charts I want to stitch for the next couple of years, so all I need to buy is some floss and needles every now and again.

WIP
Rose

Post by Rose »

maemae0410 wrote:So from what I understand, WIP amd UFO are fine and any stash purchased before 2014 does not apply to the budget. I have asked her since I dont do a lot of blogging if I can send her a link to the youtube vids where I do my monthly updates. Ihave my blog and will post there if needed. Rose, I was unaware you had a blog. I am excited to do this as well. I cant believe I am excited about a budget. Lol I think DH is more excited. While looking for the fabric for my AAN he said whats the hurry I sais I have to buy it before 2014...he laughed and said you know the whole purpose it to save the money....notmjust buy all the stash just before the new year...LoL

I do not have a blog and do not intend to have one. For me personally it is a huge waste of time that I could be using to stitch. I have never been good at diaries and in my mind that is what a blog is only on the internet for everyone to read. My life is way to boring for that. She does say that you do not have to have a blog you can just send her an e-mail. And if she wants more info I can just send her links to my posts here.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

She said youtube was fine I didn't think about posts here. Duh ;)
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Rose wrote: I do not have a blog and do not intend to have one. For me personally it is a huge waste of time that I could be using to stitch. I have never been good at diaries and in my mind that is what a blog is only on the internet for everyone to read. My life is way to boring for that. She does say that you do not have to have a blog you can just send her an e-mail. And if she wants more info I can just send her links to my posts here.
I don't either, but I do have a tumblr which I post the same pictures as the ones here (I just started it) and she said that was fine. But I'm pretty sure posts here would work too!
Rose

Post by Rose »

I got a message from Mel this morning and she said she has 130 people signed up and she still has a couple more to approve. Wow that is going to awesome so many joining in. :D
fccs

Post by fccs »

Rose wrote:I got a message from Mel this morning and she said she has 130 people signed up and she still has a couple more to approve. Wow that is going to awesome so many joining in. :D
I think this will be fun. I joined not so much to save money (although that is a plus, for sure) but to finally work my way into my stash. Thanks so much to msufly for turning us all onto this challenge.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
msufly

Post by msufly »

fccs wrote: I think this will be fun. I joined not so much to save money (although that is a plus, for sure) but to finally work my way into my stash. Thanks so much to msufly for turning us all onto this challenge.
I'm so happy so many people joined. I can't wait for Mel to post the list of all the participating blogs. I just love to see what everyone is working on.
Kim

WIPs:
(And 14 more!)
mechie

Post by mechie »

I never got around to e-mail her to join officially, but I will be tracking things on my own. I figure this challenge will do 2 things, save me some money and get me to stitch on some of the little things that I've kitted up but haven't gotten around to starting. Maybe I'll just have to poke around my stash and see exactly what I have....

mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
msufly

Post by msufly »

Ok, so based on responses, the forum members participating are:

msufly
rose
NeedleandFork
socialsue
guenever
maemae0410
dawn0621
perftangel
tamnsin
Nachsteinliebe
fccs
Busy_B
Allyn
and unofficially: mechie.

I'm going to put a line in my siggy that I'm a participant to remind myself about my spending limit and to email Mel monthly when I see my posts on the forum.
Kim

WIPs:
(And 14 more!)
fccs

Post by fccs »

msufly wrote:
I'm going to put a line in my siggy that I'm a participant to remind myself about my spending limit and to email Mel monthly when I see my posts on the forum.
Good idea...I'm going to copy you.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Soo it's only the 3rd and I've sorta spent most of my budget already. I'm not sure if it all counts though, or even any of it...

I used a visa gift card I got for christmas to pay for it.. though I would have bought hte stuff even w/o christmas money and while I went in to buy floss, I bought four 6" pieces of linen yardage to try out to see how they work out for stitching on. If they're even close to evenweave, I'll use them for ornaments. If not, they'll get tossed into my sewing stash to be used for something else.

So my options are

1) I spent $20 - count everything
2) I spent $10 - only count the floss I bought since fabric is not really stash but testing out an idea
3) I spent $0 - it was christmas money!

Decisions, decisions!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
Rose

Post by Rose »

Great idea to add it to my signature as an extra reminder. I really want to be right on this so I can follow all year. My biggest wish is to not buy any new stash all year but that may be unrealistic. :thinks:
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

I updated my signature and I put a reminder in my phones calendar! Thanks for the idea. :)
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

Will add it to my signature as well. Wonders if we souldake a thread with the first poat being our participants names and the rest be just our monthly posts? What we purchased etc.