My next stitch project. Not eveyones flavor by any means

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Leroy_B

Re: My next stitch project. Not eveyones flavor by any means

Post by Leroy_B »

NeedleAndFork wrote:This is going to be a spectaular piece when finished! True, she may not be of everyone's taste here but I think all of us can appreciate the skill and time and effort that goes into creating a work of art!
It'll be a one of a kind for sure, yeah a bit outrages but not for me. It's my style when it comes to my art. The office/hobby room/mancave all in one I'm renovating has a lot of custom router cuts in the trim for the wooden suspended ceiling to the beam wood work. Always keep the imagination in motion and keep life interesting and challenging. I'm taking this one working in grids, parking my floss and away waste knot. All the advice I've had given to me on here, other tutorials, and youtube. Once I apply the new method it'll be more organized and quicker rather than free style cross country on the cloth.
Leroy
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Well.. do post progress pics! We all love to see lots of pics :)
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
SunnFyre

Post by SunnFyre »

Royo is one of my faves and I do plan to chart one or two to do eventually!
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

That is going to be an amazing project! :applesauce: make sure you post picture of your progress, it is going to be interesting to watch!
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
artisticalexis

Post by artisticalexis »

First of all, I have to admit I was so happy to see that men still enjoy needle arts, classic sci-fi, AND man caves since that's the house I grew up in! He was a collector of books (had a library full) and I'll never forget as a little kid seeing his favourites from the 70s marked with a sticker stamped "This Book Belongs To:" and a Frank Frazetta painting of a sexy heroine on a flying beast. I guess it should have been shocking, but being the youngest of five with a parent who went to Woodstock, eh.... Not so much.

Funny though, he LOVED art like your new piece, but never did any tapestries or xs patterns that showcased that style. I'm so excited to see the finished piece of art. I love that this site has all kinds of stitchers showcasing all kinds of styles.
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Wow! That's a great project! Love your colours, too, specially the nice shiny ones. :applesauce:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Nimble stitch

Post by Nimble stitch »

This is going to be such an amazing project I'm looking forward to following your progress :applesauce:
Karen

Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett

Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

artisticalexis wrote:
Funny though, he LOVED art like your new piece, but never did any tapestries or xs patterns that showcased that style. I'm so excited to see the finished piece of art. I love that this site has all kinds of stitchers showcasing all kinds of styles.
Probably because this kind of art is rarely made into stitchy patterns and without computer programs to create patterns, unless you had a very creative flair, you'd be hard pressed to do something like it.

I looked for a long long time and ended up with cats instead ...
Myst..
artisticalexis

Post by artisticalexis »

Probably because this kind of art is rarely made into stitchy patterns and without computer programs to create patterns, unless you had a very creative flair, you'd be hard pressed to do something like it.
I can't believe full coverage, painting like patterns were possible without a computer to give a designer a starting point. I think that's why Needlepoint was more popular back then; any painting could be stamped, but counted? That was extremely hard to do. I am so happy that we all can be artists, bringing any vision to life.
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

She is amazing I'm really looking forward to seeing her :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

She will be fantastic, as a big D&D fan from my teen years I totally approve of this. :lol:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

artisticalexis wrote:First of all, I have to admit I was so happy to see that men still enjoy needle arts, classic sci-fi, AND man caves since that's the house I grew up in! He was a collector of books (had a library full) and I'll never forget as a little kid seeing his favourites from the 70s marked with a sticker stamped "This Book Belongs To:" and a Frank Frazetta painting of a sexy heroine on a flying beast. I guess it should have been shocking, but being the youngest of five with a parent who went to Woodstock, eh.... Not so much.

I caught the stitch bug on a challenge/dare doubting my intelligence just on how the concept of what was involved about 18 years ago. Unfortunately I don't devote all my time to it as much as I'd like to since I have a whole slew of other hands on projects from dirt and grease under my nails, saw dust in my hair to flour on my clothing. The winter project now is building of the mancave/art room/office to encompass all talents into one. I can relate books on a shelf since mine are categories of match covers dating back to the 1930's and up to present date. Frank Frazetta is in my eyes is the king of of the fantasy art. Original paintings of his are worth thousands. Out of my reach but easily within my ability to paint one of his works in acrylic or pastel or possibly computer generate one of his master pieces. I came close to going to Woodstock but the car was too full to take me and I'd of been the youngest in the crowd at 14. The Warrior Woman is next on the list, which I'm looking forward to. So continue with the Sorceress as I pull up the stitching stand each night when I can with the TV in the background working each row a little at a time.
Leroy
Evedeve

Post by Evedeve »

:wub: love it!
Heather
Blog: http://savouryintoxication.blogspot.com/

WIP:
Cigar box image
Table cloth
Old Dimensions Oriental stitch
God of War II