April Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

Re: April Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

Post by fccs »

Nine days left in April and still at zero spent...very tempted by a few things, though.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Hem..... okay... I just joined and already have to make a confession.... before leaving to Turkey I ordered six packs of Piecemakers needles 28 as I want to try to park with multiple needles and I can't stand them to be all different. a star the Taylor because it sound useful and it is sooo pretty and twenty skeins I needed to finish knitting up my next Haed starts..... I know.... very naughty!! The orders was in UK and after conversion to my currency I come up with 27 € ouch!!
Somebody please tell me where the chalkboard is, I will hoop behind it. Excuse me if I bring a couple of pillows to get my leg comfortable.....
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

You're only just over budget Oriettait. Anyway, you've got a poorly leg and need to get yourself set up for serious stitchy recuperation.
I had been tempted by Mabel's sale and have just bought 3 designs for the price of 2. That puts my April spend up to £24.56, 44p under budget.
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

jocellogirl wrote:You're only just over budget Oriettait. Anyway, you've got a poorly leg and need to get yourself set up for serious stitchy recuperation.
I had been tempted by Mabel's sale and have just bought 3 designs for the price of 2. That puts my April spend up to £24.56, 44p under budget.
Thanks dear but I can't not really use it as a justification as I placed the order BEFORE breaking it :lol:
--
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Oriettait wrote:
jocellogirl wrote:You're only just over budget Oriettait. Anyway, you've got a poorly leg and need to get yourself set up for serious stitchy recuperation.
Thanks dear but I can't not really use it as a justification as I placed the order BEFORE breaking it :lol:
Oh well, it was worth a try :lol:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
clockwork

Post by clockwork »

Oriettait wrote:Hem..... okay... I just joined and already have to make a confession.... before leaving to Turkey I ordered six packs of Piecemakers needles 28 as I want to try to park with multiple needles and I can't stand them to be all different. a star the Taylor because it sound useful and it is sooo pretty and twenty skeins I needed to finish knitting up my next Haed starts..... I know.... very naughty!! The orders was in UK and after conversion to my currency I come up with 27 € ouch!!
Somebody please tell me where the chalkboard is, I will hoop behind it. Excuse me if I bring a couple of pillows to get my leg comfortable.....
Luckily you are pretty close and evening out next month shouldn't be too hard as long as you behave yourself.
~Clockwork~

Cute Stuff! http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClockworkStitcher" target="_blank" target="_blank"

WIPs
House Mouse series
Frog Pile
Dimensions Gold Collection Aurora Cabin (on hold)
coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

I'm working on a pair of stamped embroidery pillowcases for my mom for Mother's Day. I REALLY want to finish them this month so I can have a fresh start in May. I really think it's possible, but it will be tight. Still working on two large for me projects. One of which I REALLY need to get back to.

I've spent $12.51 this month.
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

April's not quite over yet but I have no plans to shop, so I may as well check in - I'm at... ZERO DOLLARS!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

*thinks for a bit.. did I forget anything??*

Nope.. I can't remember a single stitchy thing I bought. I did order some batting for a quilt, but hey.. whole different hobby, different budget! :D

So buying card making supplies to finish up a card I am stitching doesn't count right? I mean if I went out and bought several punches and fancy calligraphy pens and the such I would, but all I plan on buying is a single sheet or two of cardstock to assemble the card. I already have all the pens and cutters and glue and stuff that I need, just no cardstock in an appropriate color.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
carolanne

Post by carolanne »

Rose wrote:
carolanne wrote:I'm curious Rose, what do you use to paint fabric?
Sorry I missed your question earlier.

I used this brand of fabric paint. You can get it at Joann's or Michael's.

But you can us this link to find a cheaper alternative and make your own. Thanks for the answer, I'll have to find a reason to use this.
http://weelittlestitchescrossstitch.blo ... cloth.html" target="_blank" target="_blank
carolanne

Post by carolanne »

oh, Gary, I just saw the finished box. Beautiful. The insert is really lovely. The box is also wonderful. I don't think I've seen anything that nice in my shops.
TracyG

Post by TracyG »

Good grief!! I'm starting this challenge out with a real bang...went on vacation, found an LNS and proceeded to blow $123! Bring on the trash talk...apparently I have ZERO self-control, especially while on vacation. In the interest of full disclosure, here's what I got:

And, here's an interesting effect this challenge seems to have had on me - I've gone completely start crazy! :tizzy: In addition to everything that's already in my signature, I've started the following:

A new HAED, Crazy, Wonderful Owl Family

What I've done on that one:

Finally collected everything to start this beauty (don't worry...purchases were complete PRIOR to this challenge...whew!
https://europeanxs.com/chatnew-/DM.jpg" target="_blank

So far:

Also from my stash:

So far:

Finished a freebie:

And already finished something I bought on vacation:

Holy cow! Told you I have absolutely NO self-control!!!
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Oh wow Tracy, you did went way overboard did you? :lol:
What a haul :shock:
Desert Mandala... I have been eyeing it for months! I will enjoy watching your progress!
--
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy. While you did go WAY over the limit I would've done the same thing. How often will you get to Hawaii? Probably never again, at least for me. So I understand why you did what you did.

TRY to behave the next 5 months. Try.

You have gone start crazy! I usually have 3-4 projects going at once as well.
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
gparr

Post by gparr »

I'll provide a silver lining: You have plenty to stitch now that you can't spend a dime for five months!! Have to agree with cool penguin, though, Hawaii trips don't happen every day. Enjoy the stitching!
Gary
Rose

Post by Rose »

Those are some wonderful patterns and what a nice group of starts!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Having said all that you did go way overboard and that means you need a dunce :partyhat: cap and we are setting you in the corner with the other naughties. No more fun and games all you can do is stitch stitch stitch.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
mechie

Post by mechie »

Well, I found a great way to not spend anything on stash ... just make sure you don't have time to! :D I've not done much stitching these last few weeks and haven't had time to even look at potential stash purchases. Little One's birthday was last week and we had a party for her at the house this past weekend. Needless to say, I've spent most of my time lately getting ready for that instead of stitching. So yeah, the short version of the story is, I've spent absolutely nothing this month! :D I don't have any pics to post since I haven't actually made any progress on my Fall Fairy since I posted an update in the SAL thread a few weeks ago. Hopefully, now that the birthday stuff is done I can get back to it.

mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

Now that I have finished one of my BAP projects, I am back to doing rotation with 6 different stitching projects. I am stitching the following:

Outrageous Owls
Snowmen's Welcome Banner
Rock the Moon
Inukshuk
Footprints we leaves in the sand
umbrella embroidery hex

Only expense I may need during the month of May is more DMC threads.

socialsue :D
Rose

Post by Rose »

Well we are all but over with the month so my confession is I spent $21.53 and that includes falling off the wagon and buying that lot from Ruthie. All of the rest was absolutely needed as it was for floss that I had run out of and I must have got a bad packet of needles because everyone of those (Full pack of 6) the eye came off the top of the needle after just a few stitches. The eye did not break it just would bend as I was stitching and then the eye would just fall off. So weird I have never had that before. It was an old packet(3 + years) and I am not sure where I got them so had to replace.

As for stitching from stash I worked on the bags for the family reunion and I had all of the fabric/bags /floss in my stash. Except a few colors I ran out of, white.....I ran out of white of all colors??????

Image Image Image
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
cairee

Post by cairee »

my end of April report. I am over budget, there is the $38 at sew and so that I mentioned earlier and then there is the 6.98 GBP ($12.86 CAD) that I spent on Mabel's sale... not my fault! how does one resist a sale at Mabel's?! so my total spendings in April was $50.86. so I can spend nothing at all in May. perhaps I shall rule the bad girl corner :twisted: :choc: :twisted:

anyway this is what I stitched in April, a start on page 2 of Christmas Bear Wishes, I hoped to have 3 times this much done but I have been working 50-60hrs a week, not much time left for stitching

and a lil bit on Blackwork Journey

and this has jumped into my at work stitching bag, Arround the World in 80 stitches
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
fccs

Post by fccs »

TracyG wrote: Holy cow! Told you I have absolutely NO self-control!!!
I am afraid the same thing will happen to me when I go to Louisiana in July and hit the LNS in Bossier City. I'll try to be good, but I know myself pretty well! But NICE STASH!!!!

With one day left in April, I am at zero and will remain there. My day tomorrow allows no time whatsoever for shopping, which is good, I guess (pouting now).
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends