May Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

gparr

May Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

Post by gparr »

In this thread post your Challenge reports. Reports must include:
--How much you spent in May
--Your average spending to date (Yes, if your average exceeds $25, you have to report it so other members can beat on you for spending too much.)
--At least one photo (photo quality is irrelevant) of progress you've made in May on stash items. Multiple photos are certainly permitted. Feel good and show off the fact that you're reducing your stash pile.
--If someone doesn't report, all other participants are expected to apply severe peer pressure on that person through posts and PMs to force them to post. Trash talk and cheap shots are permitted.

Also keep in mind that, as Maggie says, "There is some chocolate to share in the naughty corner."

Gary
perftangel

Re: May Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

Post by perftangel »

I'm already bad this month, save some chocolate for me! Actually, I'll just bring some, I have a huge Easter bunny from my MIL to share. :lol:

My second closest LNS is closing and the last day is today and everything was 40% off.... I called them with a huge list of things I'd love yesterday and they had some, made some suggestions, etc.

I ended up buying 18 skeins of Weeks floss, 3 LHN patterns, a baby pattern, a halloween pattern and a huge piece of fabric for the Halloween pattern (30x18) for $57... And my FOTM club order is $11 (which should be paid sometime this week).

I'll go sit in the corner... for the next 30 days... :wave:
Last edited by perftangel on Thu May 01, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Gosh! Now that u mention that... hubby won a two kilo Easter egg at the local supermarket lottery :shock: :shock:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Oriettait wrote:Gosh! Now that u mention that... hubby won a two kilo Easter egg at the local supermarket lottery :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: Well, I'll gladly bring some strawberries to dip when we melt it down fondue style ;)
cairee

Post by cairee »

I cant spend anything this month for a few reasons, one being that I overspent last month leaving me with nothing to spend this month. the other is that I am saving to buy a new truck, I want at least $5000 down and Im ordering the truck at the end of June and I want all other debts gone so my credit is in tip top condition :tizzy: , so every spare dime goes to the truck fund(a lovely 2015 dodge ram 3500 diesel 4x4 black, fully loaded with a 6" lift :whoop: )
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Now that is some good motivation not to spend money on frivolities!!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

cairee wrote:....a lovely 2015 dodge ram 3500 diesel 4x4 black, fully loaded with a 6" lift :whoop:
Oh Nice! I have truck envy.

WIP
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

Made a purchase today and if I don't report, I'll forget about it by the end of the month.
$0.43 for a skein of DMC that I needed to keep working on Swimsuits.
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I ran out of DMC floss so went to buy some more to continue with my stitching projects. This is where I am for "Outrageous Owls". The cost of the DMC floss was $10.57 so far.

This is where I am with the Snowman Banner. I am on the letter "E".

I am also stitching in rotation: "Footprints that we leave in the Sand"... Will post photo when it is done since the frame is on a floor scroll frame.

Inukshuk - just a few stitches started so far. :D

"Rock the Moon"- I am struggling with this one as it is not an easy stitch by any means. :(

socialsue :D
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

All my stitching has been put on hold. And so has any stitchy purchasing!!
My pitiful progress is not going to change any time soon.

I am in the process of putting my house on the market.
Just made the decision last week- so now I am at the declutter/ unpersonalize step to make it look pretty for photos and showings.
Yikes this is going to be a lot of work.
:ratherbe:
Stitching on hold, except for lunch times that I am not doing house things (such as looking at web listings for new places)
And who knows, I may even list things here that I want to be rid of.

May you all stay under budget for this month- you don't want Gary harassing you.
gparr

Post by gparr »

Wow! Life-changing event. If we were to do that, getting ready for house pictures wouldn't bother me. Packing to move? I can't even think about it. Good luck. Hope your home sells quickly.
Gary
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Socialsue, at first I read the text by the first snowman as We 'ave kindness :shock: :D
Lovely projects to be working on.

Maggie, that's quite a decision - I hope all goes well!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Mrsadm

Post by Mrsadm »

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not been posting lately, but I *have* been stitching from my stash. There are three works in process; I've made the most progress on a sampler called "In The Bloom" which I bought about two years ago.

WIP
1. "Two Yellow Houses" (Little House)
2. "Elizabeth Saville's 1841 Sampler"
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh how pretty that is !!!!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
TracyG

Post by TracyG »

Having been effectively humbled last month due to my crazy stash enhancement during vacation, I have NOT purchased anything this month yet. And that includes surviving the torture of attending stitch night at my LNS without making any further stash enhancements...the fabulous company is the ONLY thing that got me through that...shudder. I've finished a couple of small projects that have been languishing in my stash for quite a while:

I'm still not confident that I'll make it through the next 4 1/2 months without making anymore purchases...but we'll see :roll: Sorry for the sideways pictures...I'll fix that at some point.
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Opsy.... I have done it again! What is funny is that before joining this challenge I have not bought a single stitchy item for months! :lol:
Anyway I am waiting for
1- a Cleopatras needle freedom frame I snagged on eBay for 12£ it is supposed to work exactly like the millennium frame but this company stopped making them due to cost issue. I always wanted a millennium as they are so good looking but never bought because I am not sure I will actually like to work with then and they cost too much to try. This is the perfect compromise. So here goes 15 Euro

2- a gigantic piece of 20 count bellana in dark yellow. Was a end of roll auction 100*140 cm and I won it for 8 £ roughly 10 Euro

So far I was ok but next week I have my leg check up and if they give me the ok to put weight on it I will be hospitalized to start rehab. I want to take my stitching there to keep me sane but I cannot bring my floor stand with me. I needed a lap stand. I mulled over the Needle need Aristo stand but it is too expensive and also would take so long to come that I will (hopefully) recovered by then! Then I found the Stitchmaster lap stand that would have been perfect but 30£ plus shipping... for the sake of the challenge I decided to try to build my own finding inspiration in this video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=WL&v=EwLb70tG99c
I made my project
Sent hubby to the lumber yard and than spent an hour playing with my power tools.
This is the result, I am very pleased with our result, it even work with my magnifier lamp using the big clamp so I can leave the pole on the floor stand and just move the head part!
The whole thing cost 10 Euro in materials

I have also been working on Mr peacock and pulling thread and fabric from my stash to start the papillon Sal probably in the cross stitch version.

So far 35 euros :tizzy:
being still one legged I will now slowly start to drag my walker behind the chalk board hoping to find a chair and a hot tea when I get there...
Last edited by Oriettait on Mon May 19, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Rose

Post by Rose »

Good for you being able to build your own stand, it looks wonderful. :applesauce: :applesauce:

I will not even comment about the other spending........ :wink:
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

I haven't bought any stash at all.

I did buy yet another stand, this time a Stitchmaster. At £10.50 it was so ridiculously cheap that I can sell it for a sizeable profit in the autumn, when stitchy stuff fetches so much more on Ebay. That is if I don't decide that I like it.

The Posilock stand will go that way in the autumn. Its fine, I just cannot see the point, and much prefer my Lowery.

I am green with envy over the Cleopatra's Needle frame! But I do think that temporary one-leggedness is an extremely good excuse for overspending.
coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

I haven't bought a thing this month. I haven't stitched that much, either. Although I will finish one of the bibs I bought last month and will do the second part of the pair next month. I'm stuck on my baby feet baby sampler with a big problem. I've also had some health set backs.

I will post photos on the last of the month.
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

Well, I woke up with some pain in my right hand. I think it is from arthritis. I can barely move my middle finger along with the next finger on both sides. When I move the fingers to do the stitching I have to do that very carefully or it hurts. :( I am working on the owls right now. I have one more owl left to stitch. I am also working on the "Welcome" banner but basically I want to get the owls done first. I used to do rotation but due to my right hand being in pain, I decided to go back to one or two projects at a time. So far, I have managed not to buy any new stash or supplies, though I was very tempted on Mother's Day since I had to drive by one of my favorite LNS on the way to Mother's Day dinner. :love:

socialsue