June Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

TracyG

Re: June Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

Post by TracyG »

Well, I'm offering to be the poster child for how NOT to succeed at a stitch from stash challenge with a spending limit! I was already in the hole so much that I wasn't supposed to spend any money until August and then my favorite doctor announced he was retiring and I just had to stitch a gift for him...my impulsivity took over and instead of finding something in my stash, I bought a new pattern, a pattern that required the purchase of several skeins of over-dyed floss and a piece of fabric that's way to big for my project but which I fell in love with. So...the only way I'll succeed at the spending limit part of this is if I don't spend another penny until December... @rotfl:

I did manage to make significant progress on some of my WIPs though! I'll go sit in the corner now.
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
cairee

Post by cairee »

Tracey, You failed to mention how much over you are... But it sounds like alot, overdyed floss, fabric, pattern......are you now over budget till October?
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

cairee wrote:Tracey, You failed to mention how much over you are... But it sounds like alot, overdyed floss, fabric, pattern......are you now over budget till October?
I believe she mentioned something more like December.... :tizzy: :D :D
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

TracyG wrote:Well, I'm offering to be the poster child for how NOT to succeed at a stitch from stash challenge with a spending limit! I was already in the hole so much that I wasn't supposed to spend any money until August and then my favorite doctor announced he was retiring and I just had to stitch a gift for him...my impulsivity took over and instead of finding something in my stash, I bought a new pattern, a pattern that required the purchase of several skeins of over-dyed floss and a piece of fabric that's way to big for my project but which I fell in love with. So...the only way I'll succeed at the spending limit part of this is if I don't spend another penny until December... @rotfl:

I did manage to make significant progress on some of my WIPs though! I'll go sit in the corner now.
It's okay, I'm in the same boat as you, we can hang out in the corner together.... let's not talk about how much I've spent this month (~$30 (june) ~$110 (july))... and last month (may)...
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh girls.............. :( :( :( so disappointed!!!!!!!! But I really want to see your stash...... :lol: :lol:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Rose wrote:Oh girls.............. :( :( :( so disappointed!!!!!!!! But I really want to see your stash...... :lol: :lol:

I can provide!!! :)

I purchased:
1 Lizzie Kate Flip It (with charm) #F17 (I started this one last night actually)
1 Mill Hill Reasured Diamond Bead kit (Royal Plum)
1 Glendon Place pattern: Plum Pudding
1 4" hoop (my mom has mine, so I just bought another)
1 Thread Heaven
7 skeins of Weeks Dye Works
3 skeins of Variegated Cosmo thread
18 skeins of Cosmo thread (for a Frosted Pumpkin halloween pattern)

and

4 skeins of Weeks (for the pattern purchase, she didn't have all the colors needed though, which is fine, I'll use some stash)
1 Jolly Jack pattern
1 bundle of scraps (a nice variety of fabrics, colors & shapes)

There's a nice big post on my blog about it. :D :D :dance:

I'm super excited to try out the Cosmo floss, I was winding it on bobbins yesterday and it's so soft. And less kinky than DMC in my bobbin winding experience anyway. I have to find a nice piece of fabric for the design, nothing in my stash is right or large enough... :roll:

I've run out of room in my bobbin boxes so I bought another one and some floss away bags for the weeks thread.... :)
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh, so many nice things there!! I did a Mill House Treasured Diamond...the very same one you bought. It was fun and pretty fast, although I haven't totally finished it (I have to stuff it). I have two other colors I haven't done yet, royal orchid and citrus parfait. I'm seeing we have similar taste in some of our projects. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

fccs wrote:Oh, so many nice things there!! I did a Mill House Treasured Diamond...the very same one you bought. It was fun and pretty fast, although I haven't totally finished it (I have to stuff it). I have two other colors I haven't done yet, royal orchid and citrus parfait. I'm seeing we have similar taste in some of our projects. :-)
We do have excellent taste! I have two others as well, Royal Orchid and Royal Capri and the tangerine one is on my wish list. I haven't gotten around to doing either of them. They are however the reason why I bought a new 4" hoop. The fabric they give you is so tiny! :D
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

I think I posted earlier in this thread about what I spent in the month of June, but I hadn't photographed what I was working on yet, so I'm back to post again, even though we're well into July now.

I had a request from someone I know to stitch them an ornament for their grandmother. This is what they ended up with

I know upthread it was said that $$ earned from stitching doesn't count against $$ spent, but with this and the ornaments I sold earlier in the year, I'm way ahead of the game overall. I don't expect to make a living from the few odd commissions I take, but it sure is nice to manage to pay for my hobby by selling a few pieces that I stitch! I've got a much larger commission that I'm working on that will probably take the entire month of July and probably a good part of August, so I doubt I'll be spending anything in those months. But once I get paid for it, you can bet I'll splurge a bit! I haven't added up my totals for the year, but I don't think I've hit $25 overall yet!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge