Advert

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

vanessanjf

Advert

Post by vanessanjf »

I don't know if this has already been raised but is it just me or is the advert at the top of the forum for 'cute, modern designs here' in the way for everyone else? It covers my box when I am writing a post and I cant see a lot of the forum because it is covering it. Looks like it needs to be higher up or something?
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
richardandtracy

Re: Advert

Post by richardandtracy »

Same for me. Browser = IE11.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I have trouble with it covering the top list of choices for viewing new posts or topics etc when I am using my iPad. I haven't had trouble with it covering my replies though. I know Alex was aware of the problem and fixed it a bit, but not completely yet. I thought it might have something to do which browser you use. I have Safari on the iPad and mostly use Firefox on the computer. I have Adblock plus on the computer but disable it on the forum.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

It is really bad for me. I cannot see anyones first post in a thread. And I can't see my top row of photos in my gallery or add anymore as it is in the way.Very annoying!! It is on both my home and work computer. :tantrum: :tantrum:
Vanessa

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

That is the worst that I have heard. I've sent Alex a pm letting him know that it is really interfering with your ability to read and post. I most certainly do not want to miss out on any of your updates.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
zookx

Post by zookx »

Hello everyone.

Thanks for contacting us.

We are a little stumped by this as for everything we test the forum on here it looks and works fine, diffrent browsers, diffrent devices, we aren't see the issues.

Obviously there is an issue somewhere but without being able to see it or replicate it then it is dificult to identify the cause. I will have a look and see if there is anything else we could try which might fix things.
zookx

Post by zookx »

rcperryls wrote:I have trouble with it covering the top list of choices for viewing new posts or topics etc when I am using my iPad. I haven't had trouble with it covering my replies though. I know Alex was aware of the problem and fixed it a bit, but not completely yet. I thought it might have something to do which browser you use. I have Safari on the iPad and mostly use Firefox on the computer. I have Adblock plus on the computer but disable it on the forum.

Carole
Just a quick question, you mention using Safari on one device and Firefox on another, are you getting the same issue with both?

Thanks.
richardandtracy

This is what it looks like for me on IE11, slightly covering the board index links - doesn't sound as bad as for Vanessa though:

Regards,

Richard
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thanks for the quick response, Alex

I don't have the issue at all on my computer with Firefox, Safari or Chrome. On the iPads the problem doesn't occur on the home page but does cover up the line of options on the other pages but I can see all the threads and posts and have no trouble with posting a reply. My question about the browser was just "wondering". My browser looks similar to the one that Richard just posted.

Carole
:?
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
zookx

Post by zookx »

Its Chris here and thank you both for that. Its frustrating as we have two computers here with IE11 and the site looks as it should on both. Let me see what I can do.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hi Chris. For whatever it's worth, I am posting this from my iPad and everything is working now. I upgraded it last week to the new iOS 8 so maybe mine was hiccuping. Haven't fiddled with any of the updates yet. But this one seems to be working perfectly now.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
zookx

Post by zookx »

Thanks for letting me know. I've not changed anything since last week as yet so I wonder if it may just be cashed versions of the site running on peoples computers.
richardandtracy

Certainly shouldn't be the situation in my case, I've got IE11 set to delete all temporary files every time I close IE11.

I don't entirely believe it'll do as it's told though.

Regards,

Richard.
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

richardandtracy wrote:This is what it looks like for me on IE11, slightly covering the board index links - doesn't sound as bad as for Vanessa though:

Regards,

Richard
It is worse for me. It is lower down and covers all the writing on the top post on both computers I am using.
Vanessa

WIP
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

vanessanjf wrote: It is worse for me. It is lower down and covers all the writing on the top post on both computers I am using.
Is your browser at 100%? If I bump my zoom up over 100%, the ad starts to encroach on the links similar to, but quite as bad as, Richard's screenshot.

WIP
richardandtracy

At a zoom factor of 150% or above, the advert is in the correct place for me, covering nothing. Less than 150% and some text is covered. This sort of suggests that the IE11 scaling factor is different for images compared to text - a programming error I wouldn't put past MS.
The text size is set to 'Medium' by default, and no change at all seems to happen when I fiddle with this setting (down to smallest or up to largest). The text size has an identical mm size on the screen when measured with a ruler.

Very odd.

Regards,

Richard.
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I'm now using firefox and it is all fine.
Vanessa

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Browsers are so strange. For the longest time I couldn't see some bills in Firefox that,I,could in Safari and vice versa. I could only tell which posts on this forum I had read with Safari. But other websites would only work with Firefox. Glad it is working for you noaw,

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat