snow and cozy stitchy time yay

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

babyfairie

snow and cozy stitchy time yay

Post by babyfairie »

So we're supposed to get a foot of snow, and yet I had 2 appointments to go to today--in Georgia where I grew up--these appointments would've been canceled haha everything would've shut down but no people in Minnesota are crazy, so I canceled them myself, they can happen another day, today I want to curl up with some hot cocoa, my stitching and just be cozy all day with my purple fuzzy socks, yep too cold to do anything else!

:D
fccs

Re: snow and cozy stitchy time yay

Post by fccs »

I like the way you think! :tea: We're supposed to get snowed on this week as well. :snowman:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Sounds like a plan, we're in for heavy rain over here (England) so no excuses still got to go to work but I'd love to be snowed in with my stitching tea and fluffy socks like you! Have fun :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I do miss snow (never thought I'd hear myself say that :) ) It might get cold enough this week to close the windows.

WIP
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wub: your thinking Katie and oh how I would love to curl up and watch snow falling. It is some years since my last snowy winter back home in NZ. Here in hot Brisbane its heading into the mid 30's this week - not nice.

Enjoy it all. :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
babyfairie

Post by babyfairie »

What would be even more lovely is if people would stop interrupting me today to ask how i'm dealing with the snow--i need a "do not disturb--stitching" sign hahaha
Rose

Post by Rose »

I would love to have snow and NO I would not stay home and stitch I would be out in the middle of it. I do miss my seasons. Cali just does not give you any of that. :(

Enjoy the stitching time and the fluffy socks. :tea: :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

I was out and about today. Thankfully I am on vacation so I didn't have to go into the office..but I was at my mother's house most of the day in Blaine, drove brother in law to airport, out to grocery store.. just a typical snow storm as far as I was concerned. I think I had about 5-6" in my driveway this morning. Who knows what fell throughout the day.
babyfairie

Post by babyfairie »

ooooo a local!!

This is totally not typical to me, getting used to it I guess! But my first instinct is probably always going to be to want to stay inside when it snows however I'm starting to see if I do that I won't ever get out all winter haha
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Rose wrote:I would love to have snow and NO I would not stay home and stitch I would be out in the middle of it. I do miss my seasons. Cali just does not give you any of that. :(

Enjoy the stitching time and the fluffy socks. :tea: :wub:

Wot no :snowman: in your garden, Rose!!! :cry: Oh dear!! :hug:

We get snow here in SW France...got snowed in one winter!!! :shock: It's still mild here though.

Today we are starting to build a shed! :ratherbe: :tizzy: Then picking up fallen leaves.
:sun: is shining so no excuse to leave it!

Fuzzy socks, tea and stitching sounds Much More Fun!!! :whoop:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I have to admit, I don't DONT miss snow at all. Too much of that living in Chicago and going to school in Wisconsin. Actually, I do think snow is wonderful when you are a child. Snow men, forts and even those dreaded (by parents) igloos we would make. Once I started driving to work it stopped being fun. In fact, the only thing that I can think of that makes it useful (besides being very pretty when its falling and is clean and white and makes everything look magical - whoops that sounds like I like it :oops: ) is being warm and cozy indoors with lots of cozy stitchy time!

Carole
:cold: (just thinking about it)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

babyfairie wrote:ooooo a local!!
There are a few MN ladies in this group.
This wasn't a typical, in that our first snow of the year is not typically 12".
We usually ease into winter a bit slower than this.
But it's not out of the ordinary to get 10-12" in a storm.
And yes, if you don't learn how to enjoy it, and get out and play in it, you will have a loooong few months ahead of you.
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Can't "stand" snow. :tantrum: I drove for 25 yrs. in it, worked an hour from home, and had to pull over several times, just to let the "nuttty" people, tie up traffic to get home.
I'm originally from Fla. Moved to Tn. in 1960 at the age of 8. I can't "stand" temps "below" 75.
B/H is from Tn. When the "1st" snowflake starts to "fall" or the weather man "predicts" snow for the next day, he's out and about getting bread, dry milk and sandwich stuff, so "in case" the power goes off, we will have "something" to eat. He's retired military, 26 yrs, and their and the Boy Scouts, as he was one as a kid, motto is "Always be prepared."
Wherever you all are at, enjoy your "fun" in the "sun, snow, or rain." days. :dance: :dance: :dance:
I'll be in my "home" looking out at the fall colors, right now, and "hibernating" til "spring", drinking hot :tea: , and :stitching: away. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND. :applesauce: :D :applesauce: :D
speart

Post by speart »

Hey, I didn't know you were so close! I live in Burnsville and went out running around like a nut today, hitting the big sale at Joann's, treating myself to a forbidden once a year Arby's (MMMMM, beef n cheddar WITH rings, yeah, I should be on the treadmill right now), and filling the tank just in case.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I love 'proper' snow, not the soggy nearly melting stuff we get in the UK. Proper, dry, powdery stuff that's crisp and sharp. Our Maine Coon cats seem to absolutely adore snow (unlike most cats we've had) and make it even more fun playing with them as well as the kids. Here's the obligatory cat photo of our cat Gryff in the snow in December 2010 just before he dashed off to join in a snowball fight and try to catch snowballs mid air:

The only time I haven't welcomed snow was when I was on a motorcycle trip across Canada, slept in a tent every night & rode a motorcycle. 31 August there was a 4" snowfall in Whitehorse (YT) where I was, and it was very difficult to get warm again, so I spent most of the day submerged in the Takhini Hot Springs while it snowed on my head.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
babyfairie

Post by babyfairie »

ahhhh your kitty is so fluffy and cute i want one! hehehe
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

We started with one Maine Coon (Gryff, above) but unfortunately he died of a heart attack just before his third birthday. Three months later we got another 2 Maine Coon kittens, Floyd (left) and Ozzie:
After a year Floyd became an amazing rabbit hunter and steadily massacred the warren in the field opposite us. In 3 months he cut the rabbit population to almost nothing from well over 100 rabbits. Anyway, one evening he popped out for a snack, in front of a car and... the result was not good. He died just as we got into the vet's car park.
A month after this we were given a ginger & white Maine Coon from an owner who was moving, so we're back up to complement, 2 Maine Coons, 1 Norwegian Forest Cat & 1 Domestic Black & White.

Can't leave this without another photo of Gryff chasing ripples on top of our frozen over fish pond:

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

speart wrote:Hey, I didn't know you were so close! I live in Burnsville and went out running around like a nut today, hitting the big sale at Joann's, treating myself to a forbidden once a year Arby's (MMMMM, beef n cheddar WITH rings, yeah, I should be on the treadmill right now), and filling the tank just in case.
Hi Theresa- I was down by you for most of the weekend, baptism was in Apple Valley.
It's why I didn't go to group this month.
We're headed to Duluth today.
Busy, busy when sisters are here!
Hope you enjoyed your Arbys.
Strawberry Fields

Post by Strawberry Fields »

We have about five inches on the ground right now, and it's still coming down. Not hard to get around, though. I know so many people who are upset by such an early snowfall but personally I love this kind of weather, and winter in general.
:tea:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:lol: Lovely cats Richard and all that gorgeous snow. My sister and brother in law weret in the hot pool at Hanmer Springs (north of Christchurch NZ) one cold day and it started to snow whilst they were in there. Sis thoroughly enjoyed it and sent me a picture - the meanie.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262