I have a forum question

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Dolphin82

I have a forum question

Post by Dolphin82 »

How do you know if someone has replied to your posts without searching for your posts andthen clicking on them all. Thankyou x
WORK IN PROGRESS:
Saturday's Child
speart

Re: I have a forum question

Post by speart »

This might not be the most efficient method, but I log on, click the view new posts link, then I can see any response to anything that has happened since the last time I was here.
Dolphin82

Post by Dolphin82 »

Thankyou Speart x
WORK IN PROGRESS:
Saturday's Child
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

speart wrote:This might not be the most efficient method, but I log on, click the view new posts link, then I can see any response to anything that has happened since the last time I was here.
Or the Unread Posts link, it will take you to any new unread posts ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Dolphin82

Post by Dolphin82 »

Thankyou Brekkana x
WORK IN PROGRESS:
Saturday's Child
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

And you can subscribe to any thread that you want to and the forum will send an email to you letting you know that someone has replied on that thread. At the bottom of the thread you will see a box that says Who Is Online. Directly underneath are three choices. The first says Board Index and takes you directly to the Home Page. The next is Subscribe Topic and that is the one that will send you an email until such time as you unsubscribe. Next is Bookmark topic. If there is a topic or topics that you want to be able to find quickly (I do this for special topics and for all of the WIPs that I have started threads for so I can find them quickly when I am getting ready to update. Again, this stays in place until you unbookmark it. To get to a list of thread subscriptions or bookmarks, click on the User Control Panel button at the top of the page. This will take you to the choices of managing your subscriptions and bookmarks. Makes moving around the forum a bit easier. Hope this helps.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rose

Post by Rose »

Yep Carole beat me to it I was going to say you can subscribe to a post and you will be notified about new messages. I am also like Carole and when I make a new post in the SAL I will book mark it so I am able to find it with out having to search pages and pages when I want to make an update. When I have finished that project I then undo the book mark. :D Great minds work the same!!!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Gosh, why did I never think of bookmarking my SAL threads?? I am forever hunting back pages and pages to find them since I update them so rarely!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

@rotfl:
Always bookmark my SAL threads, and on another site my Pen Reviews. Initially it seemed a bit narcissistic, but it is actually quite useful.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Rose wrote: :D Great minds work the same!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker