Elan and Lokscroll where have you been my whole life!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

meldmac

Elan and Lokscroll where have you been my whole life!

Post by meldmac »

I had ordered an Elan Lap Stand at the first of may and a 24" Lokscroll frame from Artisan Designs to be picked up in the US at the end of May. Well I had my first try of it this week and I can't believe how much I love it! I can't get used to stitching 2 handed still but I will keep at it but even one handed with it I'm stitching faster and my hand isn't cramping up because I don't have to hold a frame anymore. I love it and just wish I had of ordered more sizes of the Lokscroll frame!

Sorry kind of pointless post but just so happy with it :whoop:
"Some people only dream of angels, I held one in my arms."

WIPS - Red Owl, Super Mario Bros, and Dream Castle
UFO's - Invariance, Rainbow Mermaid
fccs

Re: Elan and Lokscroll where have you been my whole life!

Post by fccs »

Not pointless at all! It's exciting when we get something to make our stitching even more enjoyable. Don't give up on the two handed stitching - it just takes some getting used to. If it feels awkward, try reversing which hand is on top and which is on the bottom.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
pattiebelle

Post by pattiebelle »

Of course you are excited! I'm STILL excited over my stitchy stand purchase 3 years ago! Enjoy it in good health and for many years to come ...
pattiebelle

"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I don't use that brand, but I do love my scroll frame and stand. I couldn't go back to holding the frame. It is wonderful to find such an awesome solution. :applesauce:

Also, you don't have to buy more frames. Just buy different length scroll rods to use in the side bars you already have.

On those scroll rods, keep in mind the the length of the scroll rod is not the width of the fabric. Subtract two inches from the length of the rods to determine the maximum fabric width you can use on them.

WIP
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

So pleased you have got the frame and are enjoying it so much. Keep practising and you will soon master the 2nd handed stitching. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I remember tbe epiphany of my first lap frame so I undertand, even recently it's the same when I got my milenium frame and before that when I got the Lowery!

Like Debby says, don't give up on the two handed, you do get used to it very fast and it's better for you in a lot of ways as well as faster. The two handed action increases the meditative aspect of stitching as well. You'll soon wonder why it ever felt wrong!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village