My stitching WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

ZlayaKoshka

My stitching WIPs

Post by ZlayaKoshka »

First one is a beautiful piece by Janlynn named "Cats in the Kitchen". I have been stitching it for several years (!) now, stopping and starting again - hopefully some encouragement will help me finish it :)
My progress so far:

And last week I started a small square for the Stitching out Stigma project. I have strict deadline on that one - it has to be completed by the end of this month.

The start

The progress
--
Maria

My free cross stitch designs -- http://www.happy-stitch.net/categories/stitch-patterns/" target="_blank

2015 Finishes
Mini trees postcard
Stitching out Stigma square

WIP
Cats in the Kitchen, Janlynn crafts (UFO)
wendywombat

Re: My stitching WIPs

Post by wendywombat »

I like that! Lots of detail. :D
It doesn't matter how long it takes...just as long as you still enjoy doing it!

I have a Whole drawer full of UFO's and WIP's :lol: :lol: (unfinished objects and work in progress)
StitchinWitch

Post by StitchinWitch »

I have a bunch of UFOs also, so I know the feeling when you say it's taken years so far. I just posted my first WIP here, and last night I felt like I had to make progress to shoe everyone, so I kept on stitching!

I can't wait to see more of how yours comes out. It looks wonderful so far. :) they both do.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Cats in the Kitchen is so pretty! I won't even say how long some of my WIPs have been waiting for a finish. I love the process so unless it is a gift I don't have deadlines. Your project for Stitching out Stigma is going to be great! And I think it is wonderful that you are making a square . Looking forward to seeing that one progress!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

I love the cats design and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of it.

Unless I'm stitching someone as a gift, I don't give myself hard and fast deadlines. I'll still have a finish goal in mind, but it's always a very fluid one.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Beautiful stitching---looking forward to your next updates on both of them!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

ZlayaKoshka

Post by ZlayaKoshka »

Thank you! I really appreciate your feedback! I'm not a fan of deadlines, but sometimes it helps me work faster. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels that way :)
--
Maria

My free cross stitch designs -- http://www.happy-stitch.net/categories/stitch-patterns/" target="_blank

2015 Finishes
Mini trees postcard

WIP
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

What lovely work you are doing. I looked at cats in the kitchen the other day. It looks very nicc & you are doing well with it. Hope you will show us another update soon. :applesauce: :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Good work on your UFO's and the new start.

Thank you for sharing your pictures. I really enjoy seeing pictures of everyone's stitching.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
ZlayaKoshka

Post by ZlayaKoshka »

September finally got me, and with all the rush I didn't have much time to stitch. But I managed to make some progress on Stitching out Stigma square (deadline, deadline!)

(Pryanik does not like being a prop)

By the way, I have noticed that many of the stitchers keep jars for thread cuttings (is that the correct word?). What do you do to these bits afterwords?
--
Maria

2015 Finishes
Mini trees postcard

WIP
fccs

Post by fccs »

You're making progress on it, and that's a good thing. (I hate stitching deadlines, but sometimes they're unavoidable.) And you kitty is so cute!!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

but at least Pryanic stayed still to let you take a picture of your lovely stitching. Please give him an ear rub from me & Tuppy (my cream/ginger cat) :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

ZlayaKoshka wrote:
By the way, I have noticed that many of the stitchers keep jars for thread cuttings (is that the correct word?). What do you do to these bits afterwords?
I call them ORTs (Old Raggedy Threads) and keep mine in Sir Lance-A-Lort. I do not save them for anything, he just gets fed to keep my sewing area clear. Then at the end of a project or the end of the year, I just dump it.

~~~~

I love your pictures.
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Nice update on your stitching. I use an old medicine bottle at the moment to throw my thread ends in. I am thinking on trying to find something clear and that speaks to my personality on my next vacation. I love to watch Sir-Lance-a-Lort's tummy fill up, so it has inspired me to do something similar yet uniquely me.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
fccs

Post by fccs »

AlwaysGoofy wrote:Nice update on your stitching. I use an old medicine bottle at the moment to throw my thread ends in. I am thinking on trying to find something clear and that speaks to my personality on my next vacation. I love to watch Sir-Lance-a-Lort's tummy fill up, so it has inspired me to do something similar yet uniquely me.
I bought a shot glass at the airport in Louisiana last time and I use it for my orts. It has a Fleur-de-lys on it (for the Saints, but I say just for Louisiana in general) and looks pretty with the different colored threads inside. But to keep Jackson out, I put one of my magnifier animals on top.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

fccs wrote:I bought a shot glass at the airport in Louisiana last time and I use it for my orts. It has a Fleur-de-lys on it (for the Saints, but I say just for Louisiana in general) and looks pretty with the different colored threads inside. But to keep Jackson out, I put one of my magnifier animals on top.
Something along the lines of a shot glass was what I had in mind. I am hoping when I'm at Disney I can find maybe a "Goofy" glass or something similar.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: for your update and for Pryanik! Both are lovely. Laverne would be on top of the hoop rather than under it, though.
I use an old jar for an ort jar and have no idea what, if anything, I will do when it fills up. In the meantime its pretty and very convenient.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
ZlayaKoshka

Post by ZlayaKoshka »

Thanks!
ORTs is a new word for me, it'll definitely improve my stitching vocabulary :) It's nice to see that I'm not the only one keeping those.
I loved the photos of Sir Lance-A-Lort, so sweet! And the whole idea of storing orts in a glass jar is very appaling (I use a little box rigt now, and it's not half as good looking).

Updates on Stronger square coming soon!
--
Maria

2015 Finishes
Mini trees postcard

WIP
ZlayaKoshka

Post by ZlayaKoshka »

Moving forward with Stitching out Stigma square! :)

--
Maria

2015 Finishes
Mini trees postcard

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great progress!! This is looking good!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat