Stash and Grab 2015

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lavenderbee

Re: Stash and Grab 2015

Post by lavenderbee »

I've not heard of a Chocolate Moon before but having chocolate in it, it is sure to be delicious. Thank you for dusting the bottles :lol: Good luck with the Big Book Serinde. :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Any time you need a pick-me-up, I will be glad to get you a drink (alcohol or non depending on your need at the time) :wine: or a yummy snack :cake: at a moment's notice.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

What a pal!! :wub: :wip: :ratherbe:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hope the Big Book is coming along well Serinde! Fortunately the virtual drinks and yummies you get here not only have no calories or hangover-inducing qualities, but if you don't want them toThey Take No Time so won't get in the way of the book :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

That means I can have a fortifying hot chocolate, doesn't it! :king: This is, probably, the worst week for the Big Book because all the material needs to be edited and placed in the DTP package, so that next week is a round of corrections and some updating. At least, that's the plan... I've reached Reading University in the profiles! :dance:

At least I have a treat to look forward to: the Book goes to pre-press on Monday, 14th (which doesn't mean there won't be further work, but it means it's very nearly done). On Tuesday my Embroiderer's Guild branch meets for the first time this session. WIN! :ribbit:
eieikuean

Post by eieikuean »

good good
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Nipping in the a fast :coffee: before I set to on this last lap. More subjects and table to do, but the end is in sight. :tizzy: :tizzy:
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hope all goes well :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It's done. IT'S DONE!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

:coffee: , :tea: and hot chocolates are on me this morning! :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave:
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Woohoo!!! Congrats!! :whoop: :whoop:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Well done Seride!!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

I'm needing a shot of courage and not nervousness!! Vet comes at 4.30 for Cirrus's next bandage change, and to see if he still needs antibiotics. I'm pretty exhausted due to the extra work having both of them stabled (poor Doughnut can't go out in the field on his own) and the worry!

Finally back stitching after a week off, I bobbinated instead...couldn't concentrate well enough to count.....

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:x: and :pray: for Cirrus :horse: that the Vet finds improvement on his leg. Get some rest if not for you, for Cirrus because he needs you well and healthy so you can take good care of him!

So have a good strong drink on me, relax in the lounge chair and put your feet up, close your eyes and take a few minutes to relax.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Thanks Carole :D

The good news is he's not lame, and the wound is clean. But the very bad news is that the vet is pretty convinced that he has damaged the sheath around the tendon, as there is too much exudate coming from the wound. This is bad in that it's going to take that much longer to heal, and bad if he gets an infection it will likely mean putting him down. BUT we've got to day 8 without an infection and he's being very good. He just has a huge bandage on still, keeping the wound as still as possible and clean. Basically he couldn't have found a worst place to cut himself.

But really good news is that the local trekking centre is lending me a pony called Pete so Doughnut can go back out into the field with him and not either stay in the stable or be out on his own.

Niki xxxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

that is so good to hear Niki and I am hoping that by today he is even better!
I came by today to put my feet up and just relax a bit. It's been a very crazy week. Most of you have heard me post about my (step) son David. About a month ago he moved in with his sister, who was in a fairly small carriage house. He has wanted to move out of his mom's for nearly a year and for a wide variety of reasons called her and said "come get me". Anyway, to make a very long story only long, they found an apartment only 5 minutes from me which is good because I will be helping Judy a lot and doing more with David. It's good, gets me out of the house and I think of them as my children anyway so I am delighted to have them closer. It has been a bit hectic but things are slowing down, though of course that would happen at the same time that I needed some major plumbing repairs and just discovered a very large mimosa tree in my back yard is going to have to come down in the next few months. Its lived longer that we expected it to, but my DH planted this and another one from cuttings and they have both grown to be beautiful, huge trees so I am sad at losing it. Anyway, though I would take a break and then hopefully get some serious stitching in and watch some Midsomer Murders on DVD. They have just released Series 17 here in the US so I think we are just about caught up with the UK. Usually we are several years behind. And now I think I will make a latte (instant, but still very good) and enjoy an evening of murder in Midsomer, UK. :roll:

Carole
:coffebreak:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Can you take hardwood cuttings from your mimosa trees using the youngest material from the branches? It's not hard at all, really! Then you'd have a bit of the original and could start all over again. :dance:

Let me buy you a :wine: . Midsomer Murders is a secret vice of mine, too. Shhhhh... don't tell! 8)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

That is how this mimosa was planted! With a cutting from the even bigger mimosa in my front yard. Fortunately that one is healthy. And hopefully we can keep it that way!

Carole
:D

eta: As much as I loved John Nettles as Tom Barnaby, I will admit I was getting tired of Joyce, and I have always liked Neil Dudgeon. Loved him in the Mrs. Bradley mysteries (Thank goodness for DVD's and libraries!!).
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Glad to hear David will be close to you, always good to have family close :)

And it's always sad to lose a tree whatever it's provenance but much more when it does have specific emotional links. Glad you have a linked tree though.

Cirrus is doing well, his cut is healing really well and he's back to having honey put on it, but still big bandage and box rest, getting an infection is still a big fear. I'm taking pictures each bandage change and it's really useful to see the progression. He had a complete flip out the other morning, I got up at 6.30 to give him some hay and he was totally soaked in sweat and running round his box. I think some horses in a nearby field had gone for a hoolie.....it took me an hour and half to calm him down, and then he came out with a rash all over him - he's an allergic reactive horse and always reacts badly to a big cortisol rush....but he's all fine now.....

And Doughnut is happy living out with his new friend Pete!!

I'm very tired and since the bad morning my face has been very bad. But hopefully it will be betterer soon and hopefully less stressed since Friday's bandage change and good news.

Niki xxx

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
StitchinWitch

Post by StitchinWitch »

I love Midsomer Murder too! it's a great show. I also love Inspector Lewis. My MIL introduced me to Morse, and I bawled at the last episodes of that.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

StitchinWitch wrote:I love Midsomer Murder too! it's a great show. I also love Inspector Lewis. My MIL introduced me to Morse, and I bawled at the last episodes of that.

I love Sgt Hathaway......he's so laconic and laid back!! I bought the entire collection of Morse for D/H and Lewis for me! (on DVD) :lol: