Knight - FINISHED!!!!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Fizzbw

Re: Knight - Updated 21st September

Post by Fizzbw »

Super fast progress and it looks great!

But I can imagine how it feels like you are moving through glue to do it! I hope he pays you well.....

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Carole

Post by Carole »

Great progress. The way you're going it'll soon be finished :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

StitchinWitch

Post by StitchinWitch »

That's a beautiful picture. I'm so sorry that you're not liking what you're stitching, that always makes things seem worse. But wowzers are you a quick stitcher. At the rate you're going, you'll be done before you know it.
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Here is page 6. I am a bit disappointed because the man I am doing this for was supposed to be bringing me some money to start me off with but he didn't bother and didn't mention anything about it or ask how it was coming along etc. So I have decided to not stitch only this one now and to return to my own projects. I will still stitch this but just when I feel like it. On a positive note I am pleased to be able to stitch what I want again.
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
wendywombat

Re: Knight - Updated 27th September

Post by wendywombat »

How disapointing for you! I'd drop him a message and ask if he still wants this done and say you'll not be going ahead with it until you hear from him. it may jog his memory about the original deal. If he's got any concience he'll pay you for your materials at least!

Good luck. Meanwhile enjoy what you like doing!
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'd put it on the back burner, too. Have fun stitching what YOU want, at least for awhile..
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote:I'd put it on the back burner, too. Have fun stitching what YOU want, at least for awhile..
I agree completely but I wouldn't stitch anymore on it until I received at least, the cost of supplies. Years ago I was asked to stitch a baby afghan for someone with a theme of ladybugs. This required not only the afghan fabric and thread but searching for several designs as this was not a ready made pattern.
Got so far that the baby was born so I added the name and birthdate (making it impossible to give to someone else). Last I heard from the gift giver. :tantrum: It sat in my "finished" drawer for several years. Finally I :anotherfrog: ed the name and covered it with something and gave it to a friend. Never again! But at least I enjoyed the stitching. I think you have more than earned the right to return to your own WIPs. Have fun !! Looking forward to those updates!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I think you've made a wise choice in deciding to put this one down for a while. I don't think I would do a project for anyone except for as a gift. I would be too disappointed if I put all of the work in expecting to get paid and didn't.

Looking forward to updates on whatever you choose to work on.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I have stitched another page of this one. The man I am stitching it for mentioned bringing me some money so I thought I'd better make a bit more progress on it. But I won't be stitching this one only, I will alternate with my own.
Vanessa

WIP
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Knight - Updated 15th October

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Congrats on another page :applesauce: !
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

:applesauce: It looks awesome, and I'm glad the guy is at least showing some interest in it.

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Allyn wrote::applesauce: It looks awesome, and I'm glad the guy is at least showing some interest in it.
I agree!! I wouldn't do too much more though until he actually pays you a portion of what he owes. My only experience with stitching something for someone was that once it was done, they said they'd be over during the week with the money and to pick up the afghan. Last I heard from that person. I tend to be a bit cynical about it now.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I can't believe how quickly this one is coming along.

I'm glad to hear the recipient has shown some interest in bringing you some money. I'm never quite sure what the best arrangement is. I have had it work both ways where someone has promised to pay for my services and not paid; I have also had it where I paid someone ahead of time to do something for me, and they never finished. I guess that's why I only do things as gifts anymore.

I can't wait to see more updates on your progress.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
RosemaryD

Post by RosemaryD »

Looking good, and I'm glad he finally made some contribution. It's not much fun to feel your efforts are under-appreciated.
Rosemary

WIPs
Blue Moon - Andy Russell
The Shore of the Turquoise Sea - Albert Bierstadt
Arabian Walled Garden - Chatelaine
Inkysloth

Post by Inkysloth »

I don't know if this is any help, but I work as a calligrapher, and have done a few small bits for friends. I charge by Paypal invoice, and haven't had a problem with not being paid. I think it's partly because people are now so used to paying for stuff online, but it also removes any embarassment of physically asking for money.
I lurk on Twitter & Instagram as @inkysloth
My print & calligraphy work is over at http://www.inkysloth.co.uk" target="_blank

WIPs
Geological map of the British Isles
Hand x-Ray
Ongoing string of small rainbow badges
Tessellating Escher-style lizard chair seat.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I can second that idea - I've supplied pen bits all round the globe using PayPal (UK, US, Canada, Spain, Italy, Greece, Russia, Australia to mention a few). Seems to work OK, but PayPal do take a slice.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Along with Paypal suggestions, I'd also be sure to sit down with whoever it is, and tell them what the pricing structure is: materials and time, of course (that'll scare 'em) but, as in publishing, divide the payments up in some way. The way publishers do it is that, once a contract has been agreed, the editor bills for a third, another third halfway through, and the last payment on delivery of the manuscript. There are ways to finesse this, but you get the idea. Seems to work.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

A great update and you are making progress. Hope the money does come through for you right to the end.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Goodness me, that is coming along speedily, looking great too. Well done :applesauce
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

I have been really bad at posting updates of my projects lately. Here is where I am at on this one, but sadly I still haven't been given any money towards it :x
Vanessa

WIP