Forum Anniversary Game Prize Pictures

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Forum Anniversary Game Prize Pictures

Post by Rose »

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen today I am posting my game for any and all to join in. I have compiled 70 words that are either related to stitching or to this forum. I put them together in a Crossword puzzle. Whoever want to give it a try is welcome to join in. The first person to send me the completed puzzle with all correct words in place will receive a prize made by me. In one week if I do not have a winner I will give added clues. In two weeks I will give more clues. At the end of three weeks if no one has a complete puzzle......I can not believe this will be the case. Then the person with the most correct answers will be the winner.

This link should take you to the puzzle pages. There are 2 pages one with the puzzle setting and the second with the clues. If this does not work for you let me know and I will try to get it working right away.
https://edubakery.com/Downloads/Do-Down ... ec98ab1cc9" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

FYI the clues that have a number in ( ) that means the answer is that many words so say the clue was "What you love (2)" then the answer would be MYDOG on the puzzle sheet.

DISCLAIMER: This is meant to be a fun and enjoyable game made up by myself for the enjoyment of the group. I am not and do not claim to be a professional crossword puzzle maker. If you have any complaint as to the contents of the puzzle I respect that but it is what it is. There is no one forcing you to join in. Only do so if you want to have fun. There are NO vulgar words used.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Rose

Re: Forum Anniversary Game

Post by Rose »

Okay looks like we have a problem I am working on it
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am so sorry this was suppose to be a quick and easy PDF file but there seems to be a problem. I will scan the 2 pages and put it in my gallery. I am pretty sure you will be able to print it from there..........at least I hope so.
Rose

Post by Rose »

The lightbulb just came on and I realized I can just add the pictures here for you all. This is what happens when you have been away for awhile, you forget what is and is not an option. I sure hope this contest goes better then my start.

Rose

Post by Rose »

:tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Success :whoop:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Looks like fun! The only problem I had was figuring out how to print a copy. Finally was able to do a print screen and then print it from there. Photobucket wouldn't let me print or download it. How do you want us to send you the answers? A list in a pm? A hard copy? I used to do crosswords all the time, almost obsessively, so this is going to be a treat!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote:Looks like fun! The only problem I had was figuring out how to print a copy. Finally was able to do a print screen and then print it from there. Photobucket wouldn't let me print or download it. How do you want us to send you the answers? A list in a pm? A hard copy? I used to do crosswords all the time, almost obsessively, so this is going to be a treat!

Carole
:dance:

I agree--it does look like fun!! Thanks Rose!!

Carole, I right clicked on each of the images and saved them onto my computer---I'll print them up and work the puzzle then scan it back into my pc---and email that image to Rose??? If that's okay with you, Rose
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:balloons: :rainbow: My thought was to use PB and it didn't work for me either then I had a :thinks: and decided to save it to my photo app and managed to print it from there Phew. Now its printed and it will be my Sunday afternoon fun - rather than my usual cross word.

Thanks Rose, it looks real interesting. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

I saved the image and opened it in Goodnotes so I can do it on my iPad. It's super fun - I don't even mind that it cut into my stitching time. :D
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

That looks like fun. :dance:

Good luck everyone!

I'm useless at crosswords :doh:
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am sorry I was sure that I had answered your questions, but apparently I did not post it correctly. :roll:

So I think the easiest way for me to receive the finished puzzles will be for you to send them to my email. When you have finished the puzzle send me a PM on here and I will reply with my email address. You can then scan it and send it there.

Just to reiterate the first to complete the puzzle will be the winner. If we do not have a completed puzzle by March 25th then I will ask all of you to send the puzzle with as many correct answers as you have and the person with the most correct will be the winner. I hope that well before the 25th we will have a winner. This is my 4th puzzle and I have only stumped one group that could not get all the answers.
cairee

Post by cairee »

I tried, I got all the obvious ones, and now Im stuck :doh: . then, I have never finished a crossword puzzle. Im just that bad at them :oops:
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Great idea Rose! There should definitely be something to celebrate 10 years. :) I just printed mine out.
Jewell Stitcher

Post by Jewell Stitcher »

Thank you Rose. I have had a go at it. Unfortunately I think there are more blanks than those filled in. Oh well!!
Anne x

:ratherbe:

WIP:

Big Cats by Tilton Crafts
Birth Sampler
Antique World Map by Jane Greenoff
fccs

Post by fccs »

I need to get back to it - I've been trying to get caught up on other things after my vacation. Maybe tonight or tomorrow...it really is fun!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Rose

Post by Rose »

Here is the one week extra clues

I have had an app randomly pick 7 #"s and I will give you the first letter of each of those answers.

13 across the first letter is G
30 across the first letter is A
2 down the first letter is H
55 down the first letter is C
26 down the first letter is S
59 across the first letter is B
9 down the first letter is D

Extra clue

2 of the answers that are 2 words the second word is style

Extra clue

The following #'s are all acronyms or abbreviations..........example OMG ( Oh My God) or SABLE (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy)

7 down
8 across
35 down
46 down
54 across
Serinde

Re: Forum Anniversary Game New Clues

Post by Serinde »

thanks, Rose. I was just going to give this a go this weekend... now I have extra help. :applesauce: :dance: (whew!)
fccs

Post by fccs »

I got a couple ore words thanks to the hints....not even close to a finish, however.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
cristaltipps

Post by cristaltipps »

It is really hard but interesting thanks for doing this Rose, even if i don't finish it i have enjoyed what i have managed to do :)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Don't forget girls the answers all relate to this board in particular or to cross stitching in general. When you get the answers I know you are going to say......."why did I not think of that???????" :thinks: :doh: