MCG Textiles Evenweave

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Purple Patsy

MCG Textiles Evenweave

Post by Purple Patsy »

I'm so disappointed with this. I bought a 20 x 27 inch pack from Hobbycrafts with a view to starting my first HaED as a New Year start and as the challenge piece too.

Preparing it tonight I opened the packet and started to grid.....ermmmm 10x10 squares should be SQUARE not oblong.....maybe my eyes are playing me up... Nope 10 threads is 11mm one way and 9 the other. Cloth is 28 tpi one way and 23 the other not exactly evenweave then.

I don't have any other cloth to do the design and everywhere will be closed for 2 days at least grrrr.
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
DisneyStitcher

Re: MCG Textiles Evenweave

Post by DisneyStitcher »

UGH! How irritating! :tantrum: Please contact their customer service line and let us know what their response it. I almost always use Charles Craft but would like to know if I need to add MCG to a list of "never ever purchase this no matter what the circumstances." I don't think I've seen that brand in my local stores but then, it's not like they carry a wide variety of anything anyway. Happy New Year!
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

I see they haven't changed a thing! I had the same problem when I bought their fabric, and that has been well over 5 years ago. I haven't bought it since, and heating your problems, I am glad that I haven't!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh, that really is poor. You must send it back and tell them the problem and receive a refund, surely?
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:tantrum: How absolutely frustrating that is! Seems to me that I was saved from that happening by the forum. I think there had been a discussion about fabrics and MCG came up as having been a problem for at least some members. I would return it and ask for a refund or a replacement of a different brand of fabric. Let us know what happens!

Carole
:x
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
LastingAllure

Post by LastingAllure »

UGH! MCG Is never even. :( I learned the hard way with one of my projects, the lady turned out short and stout :wink: