Beaded work

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Ensley

Beaded work

Post by Ensley »

I have just finished my second beaded cross stitch Christmas stocking for great-grandson #2. Some of the beads did not want to lie flat but instead ended up with the holes facing up. What causes this?
Serinde

Re: Beaded work

Post by Serinde »

How annoying! I generally put two stitches through beads. So, if they are to sit horizontally, it will form a regular cross-stitch through the bead, and that usually keeps them upright. (I'm struggling to remember how to stitch it properly when the bead sits diagonally.) Obviously need a cuppa... :tea:
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

First I put one stitch of both strands through hole, the next stitch I put one thread either side of the bead, coming back the other way, before putting it in the fabric. they stay upright that way or should do.

Several years ago when I took x st up again I got Royal School of Needlework beaded Xmas ornament but it was so pretty I made it into a pin cushion. Loads of beads, took ages but pleased with result, that's why I did not want to put it away, only seeing it at Xmas.
Del
Ensley

Post by Ensley »

Thank you ladies. My project turned out so very cute even with cattywompas beads. Most of them are laying properly and I don't think anyone else will notice the other few that are not. Merry Christmas!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Ensley and Welcome to you from coolish Brisbane. I am so glad to know that the finished piece looks great and it would be lovely to see pictures of it - we love pictures of our friends lovely stitching.

Merry Christmas back at you too but I do wish the days would slow down and let me get ahead.:)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Sometimes a judicious flick with a fingernail or needle helps... 8) And we need a photo now, you know!! :camera: