Helbel's WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

helbel

Helbel's WIPs

Post by helbel »

I used to have threads for each one, but I think a fresh start is warranted.

I have three WIPs on the go, a TW Fantasy Sampler where all I have left to do is the backstitching and speciality stitches. I've been working on this one for nearly twenty years now.

https://flic.kr/p/22L819i

Second is Full Steam Ahead, a picture for my Dad, taken from Cross Stitch Collection Issue 202 (Nov 2011). I'm edging towards three quarters done.

Finally a HAED storykeep, Oriental Courage where I'm over half way.

Let me see if I can remember how to upload pics or links. Hmm. Everything is uploading upside down and I don't seem to be able to change it. I don't want to upload the train pic onto my Flickr as it's a secret.
rcperryls

Re: Helbel's WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Wonderful updates!! The TW sampler is beautiful! I stitched that one years ago and fell in love with everything TW. Yours looks perfect! And wonderful to see you again too!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
helbel

Post by helbel »

Thanks!

I discovered yesterday as I was backstitching round the wing joint that there were about five dark green stitches, checked the chart - yes dark green, checked the picture - didn't look to be any green. Checked the TW site for errata, nothing listed, checked the Janlynn page but the kit is so old it's not featured. Then did a desperate google image search of the piece to try and work out what was right.

I think it probably has been changed to brown in later versions but I found enough pictures of kits with green to make it seem ok. Besides it's a dragon, and my dragon can have green on the wing if it needs to.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Your dragon can have orange and purple spots on his wings if you want him to :-D ! Great to see him again.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page