2018 Deliveries & Stash Acquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

poppy

Re: 2018 Deliveries & Stash Acquisitions

Post by poppy »

Fccs, great US colours and saying. Looking forward to seeing the kit when it arrives. :)

Daisy, I love Lakeside village and the European bistro. I googled Colourful Waterways and saw that it has lovely bright happy colours, as the other two have
Lots of happy hours stitching ahead!
daisymay wrote:I have been helping a friend recently & she has ordered me this by way of a Thank You. So kind of her.
So sweet of her. She must have appreciated your help as a good friend. :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh my goodness such a lovely lot of stash everyone. I do wish I could stop being tempted with some of the new designs being shown on this thread. However I must be good to my eyes and not buy any more until I make a dent in what is downstairs in my cupboard.

Daisymay Love your new kits especially the European Bistro which looks similar to one "Barb" did some years ago. The cat one is gorgeous and what a lovely way to thank you too. That is going to be gorgeous when it is stitched up too.

Great new stash everyone.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Thank you everyone. I bought Bistro after a couple years of deliberation as there is a lot of back stitch involved. Then decided I would definitely like to stitch larger projects & it would go well with Waterways one I had. Interesting to learn someone else from the forum has done something similar.

Bought Waterways last summer. In the past year I seem to be drawn to Mediterranean colours & they do add brightness to a room. Maybe it was because I enjoyed watching cookery programmes where chefs went abroad & also seeing the lovely places in holiday adverts. I like tranquil colours too which is what I have mostly chosen before. Will add Waterway picture below for those who are interested, it should look great with Bistro when both completed.

Daisy :)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

A friend at my stitching group is doing Waterways, it's absolutely beautiful!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That is going to be such fun to stitch daisymay and it is the one Barb stitched some years ago. Maybe one of the co-ordinators could point you to Barb's Gallery and you will see it there. Alternatively I will contact Barb and find out her avatar.

WIPS
Mabel Figworthy

I've been on a shopping splurge for the new workshop - a lot of parcels should be coming my way soon!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Thank you Mabel & Sally. Nice to know Charming Waterways it is as beautiful as it looks Mabel. Look forward to seeing yoru supplies fo rnew work room.

Sally thank you for telling me about Barb. I have searched on here & found her gallery; she did in fact stitch European Bistro & her back stitching is great. If mine is half as good as hers I'll be happy. On the close up of stitched picture you can really see a lot of the detail & the final photo of that is it framed. She has chosen a really lovely dark brown narrow frame & it sets it off well.

Also see Barb is a cat person, quite a few kitty projects made which are cute. She also did another project i nearly stitched, Garden Door Kitty. It looks good but I have since bought other cat designs so will not be doing it. nice to see it worked & framed though. Also she has done a Greek scene I recently looked at. Again her back stitching is great against the white of the buildings. It is in black thread so really details the different white buildings.

As I said earlier in the topic I will be stitching both kits on ivory Aida, keeping the grey Aida supplied for smaller projects. On the Waterways there is grey left unstitched in the sky under the arch but I shall stitch that with a colour as close to the grey fabric as I can find. I looked at the chart & there will only be a few sky patches to stitch in. Haven't undone Bistro but decided to buy ivory Aida anyway, in fact that came before kit arrived. I would rather spend time stitching in those areas than doing 2 large projects on grey as it would affect my eyes even with a large magnifier. Found in the last year my eyes aren't as good as they were. Cataracts not developed enough to warrant treatment but i go regularly to opticians & now need replacement glasses every year instead of every few years.

I knew I would need help & encouragement doing these larger stitchings & that is why I decided I would definitely join this forum, not just sit thinking about joining like I had been doing for a few months.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Waterways is a really nice design...lots of wonderful detail! :wub:
poppy

Post by poppy »

Daisy, I am looking forward to seeing your "stitching journeys" with these beautiful kits, seeing them come to life little by little. :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

So glad you stopped thinking and acted instead and are now a part of this exciting forum.
Yes Barb is a cat person, currently has 2 lovely cats and sometimes has several kittens whilst homes are found for them.!!!! I met up with her late last year when I was in Perth (Western Australia) and we had a great day out together. Sadly she has tried to re-activate her membership on here but so far no solution has been found as to why it won't work. One day maybe. :)

WIPS
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Yes I know I said no more stash however this was a must. The lovely couple from Bath in the UK that I went down to Melbourne to spend time with last week are currently touring NZ - and running our of superlatives fast too - Bless Em. :) However whilst looking for a particular brand of thread on some NZ sites I spotted these 2 bookmarks and thought "what a great Welcome Home" present they would make so ordered them.
Now I have to stitch them very soon. Betsan and Steve arrive home in the UK on April 2. :) and it is already almost the middle of February (:

WIPS
Mabel Figworthy

The kiwis are precious!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Awww Sally! You have found just the perfect 'welcome home' gift! :applesauce:
What a special person you are! :wub:
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Than you Sally, kind of you to say so. Yes, it is lovely on here - all new members get a warm welcome whether a complete novice or an experienced stitcher. Also, many different kinds of projects to see, like a patchwork quilt.

What a shame Barb is unable to reconnect with this forum but how wonderful for you to meet her in Perth. You must have had a great time.

The bookmarks are really lovely as a reminder of your friends' travels & they will be truly treasured I am sure. Hope you get them done in time. Look forward to seeing them when stitched :D
Mabel Figworthy

Supplies are beginning to trickle in :-)

Here is a reel of Japan thread (the gold) and a coil of pearl sadi (the silver)

And then a very decorative parcel turned up:

But the contents was rather less exciting :-) - acid-free glassine envelopes

WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Certainly a very decorative parcel Mabel and how interesting to get acid free envelopes. What use will they be put to? Storing threads would be my guess.

WIPS
Mabel Figworthy

To hold the gold threads and wires in the goldwork kit, Sally - so a very good guess :-) !
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

21 new releases from Bothy Threads today! Absolutely beautiful kits! Well I had decided I was going to buy two Wrendales but I ended up buying all four! The Meadow, Poppy Field, Doe a Deer and Bluebell Wood will be winging their way to me very soon! I got an excellent deal on them on the website Very Crafty too! Typed in Bothy18 in the checkout and got the kits (before tax) for £16.66 each! They retail on the Bothy Threads website at £29.49! Have no idea when I'll start to stitch them as I have a backlog of them but I couldn't not have them! :wink: :roll:

Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
mags

Post by mags »

Love the rabbit and the fox :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Bargain and oh so beautiful :applesauce: . Not long now before you have the Whole Collection :lol: