Thread remnants

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Podolyanka

Re: Thread remnants

Post by Podolyanka »

When it comes to buying threads (and fabric), I always remember two old Ukrainian wisdoms: "A greedy person pays twice" and "Even dogs dont eat cheap meat". So I buy threads only from a shop I know and trust. Because as my Dad used to say, "I am too poor to afford buying cheap stuff".

Poor quality of the materials may kill one's stitching bug, let alone multiply by zero all one's hard work on a project.
Lyudmila
Sahari

Ebay thread

Post by Sahari »

I was just getting depressed when I see that I'm ordering from the same place! :whoop:

Still, I'm curious about color names. Anybody?

:ratherbe: Sahari
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

fccs wrote:...Example: Allyn, your taste is a bit different from mine but I love seeing your work and your updates because everything you stitch is just gorgeous.
Thank you. That's how I feel when seeing what other folks stitch, too. Just because I don't stitch fluffy bunnies and butterflies doesn't mean I don't love seeing other folks do it. (It shouldn't surprise you that I'm married to a tattooed biker dude. That kinda explains a lot, huh.) I look forward to your updates because I know you're doing something lovely.

As far as buying the threads, I keep a stash and pull the threads I need for the next project. Over the years, I've accumulated quite a collection. When I need a color I don't have, I usually put an order in to 123Stitch. Having all the colors just for the sake of it isn't a priority for me. I just make sure I have the threads I need for the next project. I don't do kits, so I can't speak to that. Spend the money to get good quality threads and fabric or the joy will be sucked right out of the project.

It's been my observation, however, that kit manufacturers will rename colors to be more descriptive than the DMC color names. They'll also change the color numbers to suit them. It all depends on the manufacturer.

WIP
Sahari

Post by Sahari »

The thread I bought on Ebay (same place you mentioned, Dawn) arrived today and it's perfect.

$.99 for two skeins, free shipping. What's not to like? Thanks again for the help!

Sahari
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

Sahari wrote:The thread I bought on Ebay (same place you mentioned, Dawn) arrived today and it's perfect.

$.99 for two skeins, free shipping. What's not to like? Thanks again for the help!

Sahari

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: I need to put in another order too. lol

Glad I could help.
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds