Stitching Apps

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Sahari

Stitching Apps

Post by Sahari »

I just spent an evening looking at YouTube crossstitching videos and looking around the Scarlet Quince site...

What can you tell me regarding pattern tracking programs? SQ has one they give away to customers that highlights all squares of a certain color, and one of the online lists showed a program that did that AND also showed most efficient thread route ... are there any others out there that work w/ any pattern?

Do any of you use an electronic format for your patterns?

Looking forward to what you have to say!

:rainbow: Sahari
Serinde

Re: Stitching Apps

Post by Serinde »

I have something similar on my MacStitch program, but that's for creating designs, not tracking them. I confess to being totally in ignorance about these sorts of apps. How interesting! :thinks: :idea:
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

I'm clueless too, had no idea. Sounds cool tho.
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
fccs

Post by fccs »

For some of my projects I use GoodNotes on my iPad, highlighting stitches as I go. For others, I'm still a paper and pencil girl.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I store my patterns in PDF form, but I still print a hardcopy when stitching them using highlighters to mark done stitches and parked threads. I still use a flip phone, so no apps for me and my stitching station doesn't have room for a laptop. :)

WIP
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I have a tablet, but only use 3 applications on it - sorry 'apps'. It's a cut down word to represent cut down functionality. Very apt.

I do find it frustrating that the immense computing power of the tablet is crippled by both the operating system and the input methods.

Sorry I've wandered very off topic. A tracker is not an app I use, but it is functionality I have wondered about adding to my chart program on more than one occasion. To the extent it's item 70 odd on my list of program improvements (and I've got up to around number 50).

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Like Debby I use Goodnotes for almost all of my projects now. Depending on the design, I will do my own routing of a color and then highlight it when finished. Its especially good in those confusing areas that have lots of confetti. It takes some time, but I think in the long run it actually saves time because once I start stitching I can keep to my route and at least it feels more efficient. And on the iPad it is very easy to make changes.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker