Decisons decisions!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

nannyrainbow

Decisons decisions!

Post by nannyrainbow »

DH & I finally decided we need to move to a smaller place, garden too big for us now even though we love it & will miss it. We need to be on one level too. Ali in all, too much work for us now.

My 2 GDs are helping me sort through craft items, they love doing that. Found the ufos I knew I had. One same as Daisy's but bit more done. They want me to do that before I start geisha as they like the bright summer colours - they did offer to help do some sky as it is in straight rows at very top but I declined this even tho it was a very kind gesture :lol: Will give them spare Aida so they can stitch rows of colour, then move them on to a Rainbow (of course), after that will pencil crosses for them to stitch flowers before they are let loose on other things. The 2nd ufo is Elegance of the Orient another Dimensions kit.

Once we get over school holidays will get on here more often as I am not happy just dipping in every now & then, prefer to be a regular contributor. Anyway probably won't move for several months as we want to make sure we get the right place, do not want another move after this one.

Thank you for putting up with me being on every so often & not regularly/. Due to be scorcio again so do take care everyone.
Del
rcperryls

Re: Decisons decisions!

Post by rcperryls »

We are glad to see you whenever you get a chance to come by and look forward to seeing you more often. For most of us there are times when we are less active on the forum then other times. Life has a way with interfering with either stitching time and/or forum time. Your granddaughters sound delightful. What a wonderful future of stitching they will have. Hope finding the right place doesn't take you too long, but it is so important to make sure that you take the time you need to make the right choice. Moving is on my list of absolute least favorite things to do.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

Thank you Carole.

The girls like helping, especially the youngest. She is a slow learner but very caring. When they go to their other grandparents Nanny Flowers lets them make cards. She is very good at doing them. Pages of things to stick on to embellish them - sells quite a lot. The girls love making them so between us they get a good idea of crafting.

My 2 GSs enjoy being with both Gramps, helping sort out in the shed, garage or whatever they need help with - though being boys they don't always help for very long! Both gone to summer camp for a couple of weeks so only the girls each day at the moment.
Del
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

How lovely to have grand children who visit often and are such a help too. Sadly my GC are widely scattered around this big country.

I agree, there comes a time when stairs, big sections etc need downsizing so do take your time looking and then when you think you have found the 'right one' sit on(delay) the decision for 24 hrs or so just to make sure. I read that just recently and it makes sense.

It will be great when it is all done and dusted and you can settle into a good routine and we will see more of your lovely writings and stitchings.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

Thank you kindly Sally - after I had posted & signed off thought I may have given too much information.
Del
fccs

Post by fccs »

Moving is exciting and stressful, so take it easy. It's also a great time to really go through stuff and get rid of what you don't want. When I bought my condo eight years ago, I decided I didn't want stairs. I can do stairs, but there will come a time when I don't WANT to do stairs. :-)

(And guess where my office at work is? Yep, 2nd floor. Stairs.)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Del - your initial post is great with just the right amount of information which tells us where you are at and why there is a lack of stitching or keeping up with the forum. Hindsight is useful at times and at others it creates waves. Rest easy Del - it was just right.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Making the right decision before it's forced upon you is always the best way to proceed. :!: I hope you find just the right place. As for garden substitutes, apart from public spaces of course, I'd recommend pots. I love pots. So useful, as Eeyore said, and you can fill them with all manner of marvellous things.

Love tales of the grand-daughters. How lucky are you!?!
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

Thank you all very much for advice etc.

Yes, we are lucky to have grands nearby. Their other grandparents & us share child minding duties so neither set of grandparents get too worn out. We have a break in another week so can then start sorting through everything. Last 2 weeks of the holidays us older folk stay at home while the others go camping.

Weather horrible, heavy rain & the light breeze suddenly turned into a gusty wind mid morning. We need the rain desperately but not the wind. The shrubs are blowing about wildly where the wind is so strong.

Serinde, garden pots are a very good idea because you can move them into sheltered areas when weather changes. Could have done with those this morning! And thanks for reminding me about Eeyore, made me smile :D
Del
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Your granddaughters sound lovely, and how wonderful to be able to share your craft with them! Hope you and DH find just the right place to move to :x:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

Thank you Mabel. It is lovely to share a craft. I know you have sons so perhaps one day you will have grandchildren to share you embroidery & other techniques with. Wouldn't it be lovely if they inherited your artistic talents.

Did I read you are a descendant of Vermeer? Amazing if you are & that would mean you have inherited artistic talents from your forefathers & could most likely pass them on to future generations. How wonderful would that be, a wonderful thing to inherit to be sure:applesauce:
Del
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Del, the family fondly believes and hopes we are descended from Vermeer - it is quite likely but there is one slightly blurry bit in the family tree so we can't be absolutely sure :-) . One of my uncles is quite a talented painter, though, and we've got a fair few good drawers (draughts people?) in the family, so who knows.

As for passing on what artistic talent is in my genes to the grandchildren, I'm afraid we'd need miraculous intervention for that - they are my step sons, and the eldest (who is getting married this year) was actually adopted :-) . But I will definitely do my best to inspire any grandchildren, whether genetically related or not!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

Thanks for reply Mabel. Sounds like you come from an artistic family whether related to Vermeer or not. Quite often in family trees in years gone by their are muddied waters. Btu whatever you do certainly have a very talent for all things to do with sewing needles.

Wonderful that you are all one big family :D In my mum's family have fostered & adopted cousins but they have always been regarded as family members the same as the rest of us.
Del